ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another strange thing about women’s basketball is that I’m highly considering keeping the bar open later since Iowa starts at 9:30 and we close at 10.

Last week I worked during the Iowa game and the entire bar was pulling for Iowa minus one LSU gal and they all were into it and closed out tabs as soon as it was over. Like bar emptied after it was over, never seen that before.

People still aren’t banking as much on it though.

- Looking at social media, we have reached the point of the off season (before Final Four weekend even!) where fans begin lecturing other fans on how they should fan because their method of fanning is the best way to fan. Great stuff!

The only people’s opinions about UK fan I give a damn about reside right here in GYERO or the select dozen or so folks offline I’d ever allow watch a big game with me. Everyone else can kindly GF. We’re the elite of BBN right here.

The only people’s opinions about UK fan I give a damn about reside right here in GYERO or the select dozen or so folks offline I’d ever allow watch a big game with me. Everyone else can kindly GF. We’re the elite of BBN right here.

'11 Final Four was one of the best and worst times watching a game with wildcat friends. Thankfully it was redeemed at 80's pad the next season....

...those were the days. Currently the UK men's basketball program is the embodiment of the hot dog guy meme, with Cal in the costume. Make that happen, @Wildcat Willy

- Seeing the Phillies and Mets come out of the gate so pathetically and the NL East as a complete dumpster fire is a nice consolation prize to rooting for a shitty team.

- NHL playoffs are around the corner and about the only time worth tuning in for a casual sportspuck. Live, it's one of the best sporting events to attend - cheap tickets, reasonable beer prices, hair metal between stops in play and no timeouts/replay to kill the action.

- Bill Burr shredding McAfee, the Shield and his time with the Colts is gold on his show is gold. Just completely bitch-slapped him to the point the gold chain gaf had nothing to say.

- Can see Burns have his way with Edey so much so that it'll be obvious the refs are bailing out the goon.

- This is where the ride ends for Nate. Need his desperation in tact to reach the mountain top when he gets here. Also, ucoon is too good.

Friday Five:

The Spinners - 'I'll be Around'
Metallica - 'The Small Hours'
Concrete Blonde - 'Joey'
INXS - 'Disappear'
Warren G - 'And You Know That'

I mean, it’s like golf when Tiger came along. Once Caitlin Clark moves along, only the weirdos will stay interested.

But I’ll likely watch the game tonight.

Don't think it's a stretch to say, on paper, Clark vs Bueckers is the best individual matchup of all time. 🥰 ❤️‍🔥 - different game these days.

-7 Minute Drill 👀. Here's hoping this inspires Kung Fu Kenny to get back to basics - my beloved rap needs all of it.

Last edited:
Nice little 4.8 earthquake whilst shitting on the bowl at 10:30. Was hoping the noise wasn’t water hammering from my plumbing job I did last week. Thank goodness it wasn’t.

$1.2M proposal out the door for a new condo project. 🙏🏻. Hoping I can collaborate & partner w/former UK classmate who owns one of best interiors firms in city.

Birds suck. Eff em. But deer are the worst. The local thug hordes of deer have successfully annihilated most of my arborvitae, hydrangeas, hostas, and Hinoki cypress trees. Now I have full view of my filthy neighbor’s rear yard(if you know what I’m sayin).

Drinking heavily tonight. Full lineup of prized yacs and conYacs… wife dropping me off and scraping me up.

Enjoying some Klatch beans… Daggone.

The Bronx apt building we designed is starting to rent if you’re interested.

Last edited:
Don't think it's a stretch to say, on paper, Clark vs Bueckers is the best individual matchup of all time. 🥰 ❤️‍🔥 - different game these days.

-7 Minute Drill 👀. Here's hoping this inspires Kung Fu Kenny to get back to basics - my beloved rap needs all of it.

I’ll be watching.

l- I love loyalty as a quality in a person, you know what I don’t like? Cals pointless misplaced loyalty. W.T.F. Was the whole Edwards thing Cal? Seriously, wtf was that?? What was the point? Edwards didn’t go “Man coach is really sticking with me how awesome I love it here with him” HE IS ONE OF THE FIRST ONES TO DECLARE, HE DIDNT CARE THAT YOU KEPT STARTING HIM. And it pissed of Thiero who was better and who we want to stay. And it cost us tons of games! What was the point John? WHAT. WAS. THE. POINT?? What the hell are you doing?
Exactly my thoughts! The whole thing. What was the f-king point Cal!!!!!

It's a fine line between presenting something funny and running the risk of people seeing this as an invitation to talk politics but I think this is absurd enough.

(Women couldn't use the phrase March Madness until 2022)

-with the power out for a few evenings I crushed: Lemmy biography by Mick Wall. For those that don't know... Hawkwind/Motorhead bassist/vocals. Basically the Godfather of hard/fast guitar based music. Speed freak/bad ass but considered an all-around solid/nice fella by pretty much anyone he came in contact with. Very good easy read. The 70's were wild.

^started Iggy: Open up and Bleed last night.

-really in dgaf mode about UK basketball... I've been off Cal for a few years but still found some entertainment in "passively" following the team. Bought in fully this past year... only to have my original position proven right once again. Much better ways to spend free time/treasure than supporting this shitshow.

^the program is busted and will be til Cal is gone. He might stumble upon some success next year, but news of no staff changes and all current players headed to the exit reinforce my position that *nothing* is changing until he's gone. I'd love to be proven wrong... but I won't be.

-

-really in dgaf mode about UK basketball... I've been off Cal for a few years but still found some entertainment in "passively" following the team. Bought in fully this past year... only to have my original position proven right once again. Much better ways to spend free time/treasure than supporting this shitshow.

First time I've heard you say this (today)

Anyone else have thoughts on Cal/Mitch they'd like to share? JFC. Some (most) of you have made the exact same post, and continue to at any mention of basketball, on a daily basis, for weeks/months/years -- basically like having 30 Rogues in here now posting the exact same shit every single day.

Can we freshen things up in here? Or have any basketball-related post not turn into a copy/paste session from the previous day? I trust we're all in agreement at this stage except possibly Krazy.

Tiger doesn't have to worry about hobbling around 72 holes. 36 and he will be done, he is NOT making the cut. (if he plays).

People talking about ground hog day ? Well, all of the post of the exact same thing over and over and over again about the same miserable shit, is the definition of ground hog day. Same shit, different day. I just do not know how people can just sit and be miserable day in and day out about shit they have no control over. I am pissed about the state of the basketball team, but posting Cal sucks over and over will not make it better. K?

How about the Karter Knox and Boogie Fland ? They gonna lead us to #9

If we get 3/4 really stud portal guys.

You know there was a time in this country when MLB was king. Like dominated the sports landscape. People knew players, knew teams outside “their team”, and it was part of the national conversation.

Then, in addition to competition for people’s time and money, they kinda started treating their fans like shit. Strikes and lockouts. Appearances of cheating or lack of equal competition.

So fans left and found other stuff. The 1992 WS had about 22,000,000 tune in to watch, the 2022 WS had about 8,000,000. People don’t talk about baseball, players, teams, etc. like they used to.

All that’s to say is if Mitch, etc. assumes that Kentucky Basketball is a guaranteed constant and they can ignore the disconnect growing between the fans and the program, he might want to think as himself:

People talking about ground hog day ? Well, all of the post of the exact same thing over and over and over again about the same miserable shit, is the definition of ground hog day. Same shit, different day. I just do not know how people can just sit and be miserable day in and day out about shit they have no control over. I am pissed about the state of the basketball team, but posting Cal sucks over and over will not make it better. K?

You suck. Please disappear. K?

It's a fine line between presenting something funny and running the risk of people seeing this as an invitation to talk politics but I think this is absurd enough.

(Women couldn't use the phrase March Madness until 2022)

Solid reporter/interviewer there, too. Didn't push back one bit.

Would have been amazing if he'd just casually ask her to name her 3 favorite women's basketball players of all time.

-you're correct, bbdk. It's a broken record... and it'll be my last post on that topic. I'll even try to hold my tongue when someone inevitably starts talking about how the new 17 year olds are "dogs" and such.

^it's enough for me to be right/way ahead of the "less perceptive" (that's charitable) fans that were chortling about the bitch bus... when the program was *obviously* being dismantled .

For the life of me I can’t see how people follow the what ifs of the NFL draft. What if the raiders drop two spots and trade down for a lineman instead of a QB?

Like how does making up scenarios that have a 99% chance of never happening, ruminating over them, discussing them for 30 minutes only to be the equivalent act of a child’s imaginary friend make up most espn shows?

@B.B.d.K. hey roundball, maybe you missed it but all the terrible posters who aren’t in the dopest of all time text thread have already been chastised about posting, so thanks and kindly stfu. Those posts aren’t ANY better than any of my shitty posts, the only factor of who’s post are good or not at this point is “is he my real life friend from before 2010?” Yes=good post
No=the posts sucks*

*even though one of us shitty posters already said the exact same thing and we’re told we were stupid, it’s happened many times.

You think we’re shitty? Well you should have to read all the “OGs” circular-blowing each others posts from an unbiased eye, that’s pretty terrible too.

^dont like these posts, then stfu and mind your business too or ill use your round ass as a wad of paper and dunk you in the trash.

@B.B.d.K. hey roundball, maybe you missed it but all the terrible posters who aren’t in the dopest of all time text thread have already been chastised about posting, so thanks and kindly stfu. Those posts aren’t ANY better than any of my shitty posts, the only factor of who’s post are good or not at this point is “is he my real life friend from before 2010?” Yes=good post
No=the posts sucks*

*even though one of us shitty posters already said the exact same thing and we’re told we were stupid, it’s happened many times.

You think we’re shitty? Well you should have to read all the “OGs” circular-blowing each others posts from an unbiased eye, that’s pretty terrible too.

^dont like these posts, then stfu and mind your business too or ill use your round ass as a wad of paper and dunk you in the trash.

OMG LMAO early season favorite for GYERO line of the year.

Hot take; Kendrick does Nada for me. Swimming Pools is alright besides that meh. Tbf, there are very few rappers I tend to like anymore.

Like 21 Savage, sometimes I like it sometimes it’s just a dude talking monotone.

His SNL performance may have been the worst “performance” I’ve ever seen.

Nope, I too am in agreeance about Cal alone. No matter what I post though the posters you speak of pounce like a pack of rats.

Good luck buddy!
Anyone else have thoughts on Cal/Mitch they'd like to share? JFC. Some (most) of you have made the exact same post, and continue to at any mention of basketball, on a daily basis, for weeks/months/years -- basically like having 30 Rogues in here now posting the exact same shit every single day.

Can we freshen things up in here? Or have any basketball-related post not turn into a copy/paste session from the previous day? I trust we're all in agreement at this stage except possibly Krazy.

You know, only a few generations ago having an earthquake in the NE followed shortly by a solar eclipse would have caused some sort of mass hysteria/religious event.

Today? Nathan.

We’ve gotten boring as a society
If it makes you feel any better, I plan on shooting at the sun and moon during the eclipse. Seems like the right thing to do.

Met some dude out Saturday night next to us at the bar, looked like he was playing Sim City or something on his laptop so we finally asked...

...he was mapping out his Solar Eclipse spot at some farm near Indy. One of those "regret immediately" deals where you realize you just entered into a conversation that won't end until you literally get up and move, which we finally did. Retired Geologist who was just straight GEEKED at being able to "share" with someone he thought was interested. Nice fella, and did appreciate his passion (at first).

Last one (17?) here a complete bust, iirc.

The one in KW like 7 years ago was dope, never seen anything like it. There was one in middle school at West Hardin that was cool and weird but I barely remember it.

Odd, eerie twilight type light but the sun was straight up overhead, very cool. The lass and I played on the dock and ocean outside our condo and had to bang on the boat because I mean how often do you bang with an eclipse above you?

Nice full game vid of #1 UK/ #4 Irish from 77 at Freedom Hall. Al McGuire is a treat.

Who woulda guessed that the Irish had the 3 most successful NBA players in this game w/ Laimbeer, Tripuka, Woolridge.

Side note on Laimbeer...he went 9 straight years in the NBA and started either 81 or 82 games. Unheard of today, especially for someone who is a banger.

The one in KW like 7 years ago was dope, never seen anything like it. There was one in middle school at West Hardin that was cool and weird but I barely remember it.

Odd, eerie twilight type light but the sun was straight up overhead, very cool. The lass and I played on the dock and ocean outside our condo and had to bang on the boat because I mean how often do you bang with an eclipse above you?
7 years ago ? That would be like 2017 right ? Somebody had stated we had one around 17 ? Did Key West (you lived there if I remember correctly) have their own eclipse ? I am pretty sure we ALL witnessed one around 7 years ago, not just KW.

7 years ago ? That would be like 2017 right ? Somebody had stated we had one around 17 ? Did Key West (you lived there if I remember correctly) have their own eclipse ? I am pretty sure we ALL witnessed one around 7 years ago, not just KW.
Pretty sure we ALL want to witness your own eclipse…disappear.

Loser.

Got this e-mail today. Hopefully the glasses are Masters branded and I'll have some rare one time only golf collectable.

Solar Eclipse
Please note, there will be a partial solar eclipse in Augusta on Monday, April 8, beginning around 1:45 p.m., with an expected end around 4:20 p.m.

To assist our patrons in viewing the eclipse, we will be providing each patron one pair of special solar glasses upon entry through the North and South Gates.

During the eclipse, please do not look at the sun without appropriate solar glasses. We ask that you exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings while wearing solar glasses.

If you are bringing a personal camera on site, please do not point it at the sun unless the optics are fitted with a certified solar filter. Optics can magnify the intensity of sunlight, and this can cause damage to your equipment.

Reactions: rudd1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT