ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re going to have like 90% totality up here in NKY, and of course we’ll be out of town for spring break.

My kids went and saw the total show last time it happened (I had to work) so really it’s just me that’s missing out on the event of a lifetime. #dadlife

He’s a northeastern jackass douche, but I’d commit a felony to have Hurley here and let you lawdogs get me a reduced sentence.

That’s what a college coach’s philosophy SHOULD be. That’s the right approach to this program as well. Unfortunately, it’s the exact opposite of what we have right now.

A friggin’ Hurley. Smdh.
I’m a big fan of the Hurleys. Read Miracle of St. Anthony.

Spring football media day. Stoops keeping things quiet over there is a nice change of pace.

Brock looks like he's doing everything he has been asked. Nice to have a five star throwing to NFL talent on the edges to start for BUSH.

Think DB will be a strength this year, with Hairston a legit AA candidate.

If Cal doesn't land Khalif Battle in the portal then what are we even doing here. Love that kid's game.

Anth and Wayne win easy.

We used to play pick up in 8th-9th grade at the Y…a WNBA player would run with us sometimes.

She was EASILY the worst player on the court every time.
Not sure if I believe this... I was pretty good in 9th grade. There was a senior gal who went D1. She likely wouldn't have made our JV team but she was not "flunky at the Y level".

Northeast Y in Louisville from 2002-2005 had some CRAZY good runs, especially at lunch. Lots of former and current college players. Even a few NBA and NFL guys. Miss those days! Also where I first saw the “flying honk”, patented by Richie.

Cal gets no run on final 4 preshows. UL goofball killing social media. Pitino getting come home chants at Keeneland. Hope it lights him up. Likely not.

I can’t tell if all of you are joking or just trying to be your usual blasé selves, but if you have never experienced a TOTAL solar eclipse, and you are anywhere close to a path of totality, and you don’t make an effort to experience it, you are an idiot plain and simple. (edited to say this may be a little harsh, but really 100% total eclipse is a totally different experience)

Totality means 100%. Not 75% or even 97-99%. Those are not the same experience.

We did have totality in Paducah 7 years ago for 5 minutes and it was hands down one of the coolest things I have ever experienced in my then 61 years of life. My millennial and gen Z children were equally impressed, So it wasn’t that I’m an old.
HK and his wife were also there and thought it was amazing.

Maybe you don’t get the news coverage about this coming eclipse up east like we do here in W KY, but here it is a very big deal. This time it is Southern IL that will get the most time in totality, but Paducah will still get about 1 1/2 minutes.

I say again, If you haven’t experienced a total eclipse, you should. There are maps all over that intranet thingy that can show you where you need to go.
That weekend was a blast. Also, the two tabs of acid I dropped 90 minutes before totality really put it over the top. LOL

You do realize some people couldn’t care less about it correct?

I think it’s cool, but I sure AF wouldn’t drive four hours in that traffic for that shit. If I had kids maybe but nah mane, I’m good.

75% was cool and I don’t need to drop in convos to let people talking about seeing a 75% eclipse know that I SAW 100% AND IF YOU DIDNT YOU DONT GET IT!!!!

That being said I’m not going anywhere that has an abnormal amount of traffic if I can possibly help it.
I've seen 75 percent totality. And, I'm telling you, you're wrong about this one. I've never seen anything like that in my life. And I"m old. It was beyond surreal.

You are correct. I may very well be wrong. I do think it’s cool I was just saying that you thinking anyone thinking otherwise was an idiot wasnt correct either.

But I’m sure it is awesome. Texted my two buddies driving their kids up how cool it would be for them.

I’ll be fishing Monday during the totality and trying to decide which nighttime lure to use during those 4 minutes. It’s crazy watching nature get fooled into thinking it’s night.

Had planned on hunting morels but 4 minutes in the dark means I won’t be able to see them and could get attacked by a crazed wild animal.

About 100’ up a big hillside yesterday, the ground gave way while I leaned to pick one. Reached back to stabilize myself with my stick but hit a rock covered in moss. The stick slipped off and gravity immediately took over. My friend said I was upside down when I hit the first of the two trees and was sideways on both smaller boulders. The Volkswagen sized bolder about 20’ from the bottom was my sudden stop. Had the wind knocked out of me so I couldn’t breathe and my friend thought I was dead. Took about 10 minutes to recover but no broken bones. Pretty sure I hit everywhere but the roof of my mouth cause everything hurts.
Did get 20 lbs between us but have decided to take a couple of days off to recover.

It’s not like I can enjoy the damn Tournament anymore!! 🤬

DUE TO THE ECLIPSE TOMORROW
SCHOOL WILL GET OUT EARLY AT 11:00. YOUR KIDS ALSO HAVE SPRING BREAK HOMEWORK DUE PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL, CLICK ON THE LINK THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE SPRINK BREAK IS FOR LEARNERS APP. DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD AS LAST YEAR AS IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO UTILIZE THE DUAL AUTHENTICOR APPP TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE INDEED YOUR CHILD’S OR CHILDREN’S PARENT.

CHILDREN ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR ECLIPSE GLASSES IN CASE THEY HAVE TO WAIT TO BE PICKED UP. DO NOT ORDER ANY REGULAR ECLIPSE GLASSES THEY MUST BE ONES THAT CAN BE ORDERED ON THE SCHOOLCARES APP AND CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE DESIGNATED LOCATION 25 MINUTES BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS IDENTIFIED IN THE SEPERATE EMAIL SENT THIS MORNING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT