ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eclipse in October. Dude sat there watching and dancing for over an hour.

Shockingly he was not drunk, on drugs, or crazy. Just weird af.

Women's basketball fandom is really weird. I was in a security line at the airport with my kids and there was this old guy with a University of Texas hat on. My son, for some ungodly reason, says Texas is his third favorite team (after UK and Bellarmine), so I said, "hey son, check out that guy's hat". This dude and his wife then start going on and on about how upset they are about UT losing to NC State, but now they're having a "Caitlin Clark watch party on Sunday, but I guess if she loses we'll have a Paige Bueckers (sp) watch party ha ha ha".

I bring this up because it seems like it's primarily old people who have gotten into this. I've yet to meet a middle-aged woman who gives a shit about any of the games this weekend. Nor have I met any teenage girls who care about it (as in my daughters and their friends don't follow it). I'm sure there are a ton who do, but it doesn't seem to compare to the old people following it.

Fandom is a stretch, in my observations.

Appreciating/enjoying the BEST? I dig it. These new era elite chicks can HOOP. And Caitlin has a lot to do with it, clearly.

I’d assume for most casuals, it’s just enjoying the best/highest stakes time of (insert sport).

Golf majors, Triple Crown/BC horsey, World Cup, Olympics, NBA Finals, WS, Stanley Cup, Wimbledon, etc.

Aside from golf. I consider myself a casual in just about everything outside CBB/CFB. But I truly enjoy most “championship” level/postseason stuff, sports-wide.

Women’s basketball is arguably the most awful sport of all time. It’s pretty remarkable how much it’s improved in a short time, the ratings speak for themselves. + The fact it infuriates Tony makes it a no brainer imo

Last edited:
We are living in Idiocracy.

s-l1200.jpg

The eclipse in 2017 for Key West was like 75% totality. Not very much. some parts of KY will get 100% and Louisville will be like 97%

A lot of us will be dead the next time it comes around in 2044. Try to go out and enjoy something if the weather cooperates.

Speaking of time, the next eclipse is in 20 years. It’s been 38 years since Louisville’s last title and 37 since IU’s last title. I believe Hailey’s Comet was around back then.

Last edited:
- If you’re an Aztec High Priest or whatever, then you *know* about solar eclipses. You can control an entire civilization with one of those things. Have you all never seen Apocalypto?

- Speaking of Bill Burr, you should see his take on the WNBA from his Paper Tiger special. He swung pretty hard with that one.

It kind of ran its course because there are only so many shenanigans you can get into before it gets a little repetitive, but I was a huge fan of Insomniac in its heyday. Speaking to PTI’s comment, it was basically him just doing crowd work/improv in public places. Just absolutely ripping on people.

Went to the Reds game tonight with my son. Waxed nostalgic with another dad about how when we were our sons’ age we could get dropped off in Covington, walk over to Riverfront Stadium, go to the sketchy ticket kiosk in the parking lot and get your $3.50 Top 6 ticket, have a few dollar hot dogs (thanks, Marge!) and roam the ball park with the other abandoned TEENS from the tri state area.

Snuck down from the upper level to lower level behind the first base dugout. Reds ushers have gotten soft since those hard asses that would throw you out of the blue seats if you didn’t have the right paperwork.

7 years ago ? That would be like 2017 right ? Somebody had stated we had one around 17 ? Did Key West (you lived there if I remember correctly) have their own eclipse ? I am pretty sure we ALL witnessed one around 7 years ago, not just KW.
Yes I never meant that it was just us, but like them all some places see it better. I have no idea if you all saw it in KY or not.

Just assumed not, since all my friends with kids are driving to Indiana and shit for the eclipse so I figured they hadn’t seen it then, idk.
The eclipse in 2017 for Key West was like 75% totality. Not very much. some parts of KY will get 100% and Louisville will be like 97%

A lot of us will be dead the next time it comes around in 2044. Try to go out and enjoy something if the weather cooperates.

Speaking of time, the next eclipse is in 20 years. It’s been 38 years since Louisville’s last title and 37 since IU’s last title. I believe Hailey’s Comet was around back then.
Oh my bad only 75% vs the usual touching ZERO%. I don’t give a care enough and if anyone says oh well I saw a 100% eclipse compared to your 75% eclipse, I will happily say you sure did pal, congratulations. You drive 4 hours to Indiana, I just walked out the back door of my condo to my dock and watched it with my toes in the water…

But I’m sure those same pics with flat fields and trees will be super neat and different… also, enjoy the traffic.

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
Girls Basketball is atrocious. Can we finally be honest about it? It's so bad.

If you love eye lash extensions, layups and 24’ bricks, then have I got a spectacle for you!

As a father of two boys, I don’t have to bend a knee to the ESPN agenda.

Reactions: entropy13
Saw Chappelle’s first show back after he freaked out and disappeared to Africa. He had just surfaced and played that little comedy club in Newport on the Levy, no clue if that place is still there. Front row by that little 10’x10’ “stage”.

Dude killed it for 2 hours. Man hugged him as he walked off. Talk about a cool moment.

Burr has several epic segments out there, but he’s a lot in a full special.

Thought the Atell special was pretty good. The recorder finale was brilliant imo.

Can’t wait for the follow up Gillis special after he went 🚀 in the last year or so. Dude is incredible.

Was disappointed with Atell but he's trying.

Gillis is my new favorite. He's got a show coming soon, too. One of the better natural deliveries in a long time.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
I’ve been hearing guys at the bar say, “Poor ohtani’s translator, dude got screwed and had to take the fall!”

I have a feeling Ohtani gambling on baseball was the best thing ever for him. From making what? 100K a year to probably a 10 million dollar, never have to work again but can’t ever talk about it, the translator was probably like hell yeah it was me, send me back to Japan.

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
I can’t tell if all of you are joking or just trying to be your usual blasé selves, but if you have never experienced a TOTAL solar eclipse, and you are anywhere close to a path of totality, and you don’t make an effort to experience it, you are an idiot plain and simple. (edited to say this may be a little harsh, but really 100% total eclipse is a totally different experience)

Totality means 100%. Not 75% or even 97-99%. Those are not the same experience.

We did have totality in Paducah 7 years ago for 5 minutes and it was hands down one of the coolest things I have ever experienced in my then 61 years of life. My millennial and gen Z children were equally impressed, So it wasn’t that I’m an old.
HK and his wife were also there and thought it was amazing.

Maybe you don’t get the news coverage about this coming eclipse up east like we do here in W KY, but here it is a very big deal. This time it is Southern IL that will get the most time in totality, but Paducah will still get about 1 1/2 minutes.

I say again, If you haven’t experienced a total eclipse, you should. There are maps all over that intranet thingy that can show you where you need to go.

Last edited:
Don't act like this dude is some flash in the pan.

guessing this is for me, maybe not, but I’m not pretending he is a flash in the pan. I think what he is doing is eerily similar to Donovan only it will be easier to sustain with his support at UConn.

I don’t like him like I didn’t like Roy, K, Knight, and several others, but I don’t want him here either. Of course I don’t see why a coach would leave UConn for a “blue blood” anymore as they IMO are now a blue blood type program and will be forever now.

I can’t tell if all of you are joking or just trying to be your usual blasé selves, but if you have never experienced a TOTAL solar eclipse, and you are anywhere close to a path of totality, and you don’t make an effort to experience it, you are an idiot plain and simple. (edited to say this may be a little harsh, but really 100% total eclipse is a totally different experience)

Totality means 100%. Not 75% or even 97-99%. Those are not the same experience.

We did have totality in Paducah 7 years ago for 5 minutes and it was hands down one of the coolest things I have ever experienced in my then 61 years of life. My millennial and gen Z children were equally impressed, So it wasn’t that I’m an old.
HK and his wife were also there and thought it was amazing.

Maybe you don’t get the news coverage about this coming eclipse up east like we do here in W KY, but here it is a very big deal. This time it is Southern IL that will get the most time in totality, but Paducah will still get about 1 1/2 minutes.

I say again, If you haven’t experienced a total eclipse, you should. There are maps all over that intranet thingy that can show you where you need to go.
You do realize some people couldn’t care less about it correct?

I think it’s cool, but I sure AF wouldn’t drive four hours in that traffic for that shit. If I had kids maybe but nah mane, I’m good.

75% was cool and I don’t need to drop in convos to let people talking about seeing a 75% eclipse know that I SAW 100% AND IF YOU DIDNT YOU DONT GET IT!!!!

That being said I’m not going anywhere that has an abnormal amount of traffic if I can possibly help it.

Somebody send this to our little bitch AD. Everyone over there needs an attitude adjustment.

Mitch falls in line with the "players first" philosophy because he is an awkward nerd and was probably looked down on by athletes when he was growing up. He now idealizes them and seeks their acceptance and approval. His job is his vehicle for that.

-Pool Day Pump completed, easiest workouts ever knowing the end game lol.

-Biking to the Hollander Hotel .25 miles away from the house, where I always put my Mom up, with the neighbs and some friends. Two cabanas rented and will make a day of it.

Fingers crossed it’s not purely couples…

-I dont think Hurley ever goes to the NBA unless he gets tired of the recruiting, he’s a college dude imo.

We have to mount an attack. Can we just get to double digits in my lifetime please Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT