ADVERTISEMENT

Would LeBron?

Boyd94

Junior
Feb 16, 2022
Have been killed in the 90's? I mean he will fly 30 feet if someone grazes him now. Could you imagine him facing Detroit back in the day?

Reactions: WTF Cat
Too athletic, he would have been good in any era.

He flops, because NBA is becoming FIFA more and more every year.

I don't watch the NBA. I just see highlights. Its like hes just trying to draw a foul and some of his antics are borderline insane.

Reactions: bIhawk
I'm glad to see posters on here understanding and admitting Lebron would dominate despite their dislike of him. Didn't expect to see that.

Lebron is a monster. He might've killed Lambeer. And I would love to have seen that happen.

Reactions: J_Dee
Cut the shit, LeBron would dominate the league physically in any era. The 90s would’ve been an absolute dream for a player like LeBron, especially with his shooting ability for his size. No team in the 90s would have an answer for the way he could spread the floor and play make, defend all 5 positions, and if you want to hand check him, you’re giving up an automatic dunk or assist.

What gets me is Lebron is one of the biggest guys on the court, yet he is one of the biggest wimps on the court. I don't think he would have survive Detroit back then.
If LeBron is a wimp, that would make you an all time pusillanimous pipsqueak. And in a time of “load management” and being an aging player, he’s not one to miss a whole lot of games. There’s something clouding some of y’all’s objectivity when it comes to LeBron. I just wonder what that could be…

Reactions: Zissou87
C’mon Lebron has almost as many threes as Kobe and Jordan combined, same for assists, guy has 40,000 points, if you can’t see he’s the goat you’re blind, i don’t like Lebron but im not blind

People flop because it works. If he played in the 90s he'd do just fine. He's a physical freak. 90% of the greats would be great in any era.
This is about as well said as it can be said. So this. Thanks lildoc22. 👏

He’s a freak athlete that could play in the 90s but I haven’t seen him like physical play the times I have watched him. (granted I don’t watch him that much now days). Just because he is built for physical play doesn’t mean he would react to it well.

Never ask Lebron for change for a dollar because he never has 4 quarters on him. That’s why I can’t consider him the Goat. He just doesn’t have the drive that MJ had.

Reactions: WTF Cat
Did you watch what he did when he was a baby to the Pistons in the Playoffs? They were the physical 2x defending Eastern Conference Champions and he single handedly dominated them to get a bum ass Cavs team to The Finals.

LeBron's greatness to me is shown in carrying mutts to The Finals more than 1x. He had some really shit Cavs teams who made NBA Finals all because of him. Getting through the East as much as he did consecutively is nothing to scoff at and the longevity is impressive.

Great players adjust to how the game is played/officiated.

Don't blame any player-blame that Nosferatu looking MF'er Adam Silver.

LeBron James is the greatest basketball player ever, period
To answer the original question he would have been just as good in the 90's. Obviously the 90's NBA wasn't the flopping like it is now but he would have manned up and played tough basketball like the rest of the league.

In response to him being the greatest ever there are several that an argument could be made like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Wilt and a few others. To me each person has their own criteria on what makes someone the greatest and that is why there is no definite answer because what I value may be different than what you do when evaluating the greatest of all time.

Last edited:
Lebron is one of most naturally gifted players in history with MJ, Wilt,and likely now Wemby.

Lebron is maybe the FAKEST person in all pf major sports an definitely the 1 sports star I just 100 do not like an always root agsinst. Love AD but won't ever root for LA if Lebron is there. I would say the TOTAL CHINA HYPOCRICY was last straw but I reached limit before that

Reactions: 80 Proof
LeBron James is the greatest basketball player ever, period
Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

0 -------> number of GMS that would take Lebron over MJ in an all time redraft. Not just today's GMs any GM to ever have the job .

Reactions: kyeric and 80 Proof
Have been killed in the 90's? I mean he will fly 30 feet if someone grazes him now. Could you imagine him facing Detroit back in the day?
I don't watch much nba these days, but to me Lebron has always reminded me of Shaq...both were great because they were physically athletic freaks of nature, not supreme skill sets

People flop because it works. If he played in the 90s he'd do just fine. He's a physical freak. 90% of the greats would be great in any era.
Difference is he'd be fine but he would've retired 3-4 seasons ago or before if injuries occurred. Load management and softer play allows these players to play longer. All the physical play of the 90s took years off peoples career not to mention harder to play at a peak level in the middle to late years of careers.

Reactions: kyeric
If LeBron is a wimp, that would make you an all time pusillanimous pipsqueak. And in a time of “load management” and being an aging player, he’s not one to miss a whole lot of games. There’s something clouding some of y’all’s objectivity when it comes to LeBron. I just wonder what that could be…
What ever freak, Lebron has taken more games off in one season than MJ did his entire career. Plus you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. The question was how he would fair in the 90's when the game was much more physical than it is today. Lebron fakes a charge or contact when a 180lb guard touches him and falls backward 15 ft. Back in the 90's they would have taken his head off for such a stupid play.

What ever freak, Lebron has taken more games off in one season than MJ did his entire career. Plus you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. The question was how he would fair in the 90's when the game was much more physical than it is today. Lebron fakes a charge or contact when a 180lb guard touches him and falls backward 15 ft. Back in the 90's they would have taken his head off for such a stupid play.
Lol I already answered that the other day in a different stupid thread. LeBron would dominate the 90s physically, it’s the perfect style of play for LeBron. Like I said before, go ahead and think you can hand check him and give up an automatic dunk or assist.

So obvious you’ve never laced them up.

• Haha
Lebron James has played 1,484 games in the NBA (and counting). Michael Jordan played 1,072. The difference is the equivalent of 5 full seasons.

Reactions: 12 Oz. Epilogue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT