Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm find with this lineup:

1 - Reed
2 - Dilly
3 - Reeves
4 - Big Z
5 - Ugo

It will either work or Big Z or Ugo will do something stupid and he'll put in Thiero and that will be the end of that.

Hi, gang! It’s 1:00 am, and after a shitty soccer event in Florida, I’m spending the night with my family and dozens of angry parents and teenagers in the Tampa airport after my 8:30 pm flight was suddenly cancelled at midnight after multiple postponements. Nothing works anymore lol!

You should sue!

Last edited:
Hi, gang! It’s 1:00 am, and after a shitty soccer event in Florida, I’m spending the night with my family and dozens of angry parents and teenagers in the Tampa airport after my 8:30 pm flight was suddenly cancelled at midnight after multiple postponements. Nothing works anymore lol!
From a voice of experience, being a soccer nerd things like that starts you thinking about telling your g'kids what it means to be a soccer nerd and why they too should want to be soccer nerds, it is the first step to being a futbol nerd.

Other than baseball, The Clown only played youth sports for the orange slices, the gatorade, and to look at the cheerleaders. Practice, and even games were just opportunities to get the perfect amount of fresh bubble gum fitted "just so" into your mouthpiece.

Reactions: UK-BILL
No, just a traveling soccer team coach for many seasons. At times I wished I had a corporate sponsor that would let me go to an orphanage and find 15 kids that really wanted to learn to play soccer.
You should get a van and some candy. May help the cause.

It could be worse...

Cant Hear You 2020 Election GIF

I wonder if it’ll be our kids’ generation or our grandkids that will be all like “can we just travel for actual vacations and maybe just play sports locally?” because there will be some sort of backswing eventually.

If you believe that eventually their parents will stop believing that Little Johnny is going to be a perennial professional All-Star in their chosen sport then I guess there is a chance. Until that happens travel ball ain’t going away.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I've only been following this on the peripheral, but the Kate Middleton is missing saga needs to be addressed. My wife, an avid anglophile- which is an ongoing kick at me and my irish family- has been deep diving since day 1, and recently sent me a 16 part instagram reel storyline that explains the timeline of William's affair and Kate's resulting mental breakdown. More shock and awe ensued when Geese sent me information that the affair began because William and apparently the royal men are into a bit of buggery in the sack.

Is it time to abolish the Crown- many are saying yes- and I'm finding it difficult not to agree. I think it may be time for the current wankers to be held for the crimes of the crown over the last century as well. There is a prison in Portlaoise that has a cell for each of them, Harry the antisemite, William the Adulterer, Charles the Ugly AF... lock them all up, imo.

While we are talking about "What in the hell?" stories- where is the outrage for the death of this Boeing whistleblower. Oh another "self inflicted gun shot death that just happens to be during his time revealing how the airliner was cutting corners to enhance profitability? k. Wouldnt be surprised if UCL gets a little shot across the bow from one of their henchman after speaking out on a public forum about his own travel woes. You think this is a game?

I didnt really want to kick a man while he was down, reposting the details of this story- but apparently a gentleman by the (real, legal) name Deez-Nuts Lee Kroll got pinched for assault after punching a man in the shoulder and when the situation escalated, Deez went and grabbed his gun- later to be determined to be a BB gun loaded with 8 BBs. Deez was also allegedly intoxicated throughout the incident. I'll keep an eye on his progress after this and will be posting about his hopeful comeback story.

- Love the annual Team Bryant bracket challenge where I get to spend the first 15 minutes of the morning after Selection Sunday trying to remember my password for a site I use once and never revisit. After several attempts, give up and hit the 'reset' button, only to discover the new password I'm attempting to use was previously used and disqualified, thus making the process even more enjoyable :mad:

BUT ITS FOR A GOOD CAUSE

- I get with our recent rake-stepping that we can't overlook our second round matchup, let alone the Raiders..

...but on the other hand, with all our talent, coaching (two 7'ers 🙄) be damned, you have to advance to next weekend. With such a likable team, once-in-a-generation local boy who's also slated top 5, and all the parts for the modern game, I don't see how the Cal era continues with an opening weekend ejection?

- Airline travel has sucked the biggest suck since the world shut down. Fly regularly for work and I can't recall the last time I've had a flawless to/from trip? Came back from Cabo last week and spent 9 hours in DFW, two flights cancelled, rebooked, delayed, multiple shuttle gate changes with no explanation why, which always makes it easier to accept. Would vote for a anyone who made it a priority to overhaul.

- Speaking of sucking, has to be worse than normal for Card fan on a day/week like this. One of the best times of the year/sporting event, and you're left completely out. But seeing as they haven't danced since '19, guessing they're just numb to it.

Last edited:
Not a terrible bracket, but if we make it to a meeting with NC ST, their big center will put all 3 of our 7 footers in the hospital.
Yeah, them having an Olineman with some skill is not an ideal matchup for our 3 7 footers who are soft as charmin. He may break them in half.

At times, we've shown the ability to fight through/blow up ball screens and/or switch well enough to defend the PnR. Unfortunately it's been just around 8% of the time.

I'm still convinced they have the ability to defend somewhat competently, just not the desire and discipline to sustain it. Maybe with the pressure really on, they'll do just enough on that end.

Reactions: jayroon
Can Reed be one of those throwback player coaches? Maybe just have Ulis manage things?
The player-coach thing might cause some eligibility concerns (until the NCAA implodes I guess), but I'm definitely on-board with leveraging the love of Reed to get somewhere on the coaching front.

BBN would flip out if Reed and Rob announced that they'd return for two more years if they were coached by <insert name, anyone from Jay Wright to Jeff Sheppard>. If Cal's truly going to be "players first" and this is what the players wanted, he could step aside and assume the recruiter/ambassador/mouthpiece/mentor role and we could find a coach as hungry for on-court program success as its fanbase.

It's all silly of course, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, it is silly.

80 degrees here. Heavy work week will keep me distracted till the games start on Thursday. Nerves already high. Expecting a deep run this year.

Wife and kids leave for a wk next Wednesday. They’ve never seen me when the cats are on a deep run and quite frankly, I’m not ready to show that side of me.

Will have S16 and E8 games to myself.

Let’s get #9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT