ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cal has just miscalculated this season. He has an offensive juggernaut that could run anyone off the floor. I understand his commitment to trying to get them to form some semblance of a defensive identity, but that just hasn't panned out. Now he's wasted 6 months that could've instead been used to develop chemistry with the right 6-7 guys.

^ that's me giving him the benefit of the doubt. If we see extended minutes without the Rs on the court, I'm wrong and he's just a dumbass.

I hated both Carney Lansford and Walt Weiss for no apparent reason at all.

Dave Stewart and the Bash Bros. were dope though.

I hated both Carney Lansford and Walt Weiss for no apparent reason at all.

Dave Stewart and the Bash Bros. were dope though.

Ricky Henderson, Harold Baines, and Denis Eckersley were HoFers on that 1990's A's team. It also had Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire. Obviously, Ricky Henderson had the highest career war from that A's team, but, trivia question, who was second in all-time WAR?

Answer: Willie Randolph at 65.9 (not in HoF, btw. While Harold Baines is.)

* I haven't played competitive basketball since coming deep off the bench for the Sayre Spartans in 8th grade, but I know this....

Reed
Rob
Reeves

4 = either Edwards or Thiero
5 = any of the 3 7-footers

Man, I just love daydreaming about that lineup. If you lose, you go down swinging with your best guys on the court. It's just not that hard.

* Riley Strain update:

- he was caught on a police offers bodycam walking down the street and exchanging pleasantries
- his credit card was found along the banks of the river

link: Where is Riley Strain?

* Do you think wcc cries himself to sleep every night knowing that it's been a solid 15 years since The Fray was cranking out major hits? I mean, they barely even tour anymore. It's got to eat him alive.

* While it's a tremendous honor for a scrub/walk-on/benchwarmer to get the ceremonial start on Senior Day, it is also a bit patronizing when their replacement is sitting at the scorer's table ready to check in and get them TF out of the game like 3 seconds after tip. What I'm saying is -- DJ Wagner *has* to feel that, right?

Whatever mental gymnastics Cal is trying to play with continuing to start DJ, it's become more of an embarrassment than anything else. And it's been that way for MONTHS.

* Reds chatter......

- Matt McClain just keeps having nagging injuries. Like wtf?
- TJ Friedl led the team in WAR last season, and is far and away the best defensive outfielder we've got. Going out for 2-3 months due to an injury sustained in Spring Training is a huge letdown.
- Rotation = Greene, Montas, Martinez, Ashcraft, and......Abbott or Williamson?
- I really wanna see Hurtubise or Dunn get the call up. Give em a shot.

* I don't think a 2-year deal for Blake Snell was what Scott Boras had in mind. Personally, I'm happy to see that guy get put in check.

* I feel like 2024 is officially the Year of the Tittie. Sydney Sweeney is just on fire right now, and showing up all over the place flopping her big naturals around. She's really embracing the ta-tas, and the media is eating it up. We're really onto something here, fellas. Don't screw this up.

Huge butts = out
Huge rack = in

* An old school, underrated panty dropping, lovemaking song.

You're welcome.

I cant wait for Cals podcast with Barrack Obama to drop. I just wish there was some way the university could free up more of his time to focus on being a top podcaster.

Reactions: roguemocha
* Riley Strain update:

- he was caught on a police offers bodycam walking down the street and exchanging pleasantries
- his credit card was found along the banks of the river

link: Where is Riley Strain?
He definitely didn't seem drunk enough on that body cam just to fall into the river a couple of minutes later. I know he fell earlier when running through the parking lot, but he seemed to have gathered himself well enough. With the loose debit card and the cop being there to investigate some kind of burglary or car theft, it feels like foul play to ol Creeksman, P.I.

Wild that Nashville Metro PD is just finding bodies in the Cumberland left and right while they're looking for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKRob 73
I think PTI can stroll over to the Mississippi in a few days and find him floating by.

He saw the cop and gathered himself for enough time to scoot by. Probably dropped card while fumbling for phone out of his pocket. JMO.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Yeah, I think the "he didn't look drunk" line is pretty ridic. I mean, he stumbled by and mumbled "hello," or whatever. It's not like he stopped and had a sober, lengthy discussion with the cop. Pretty easy to pull off even with a huge BAC.

Also pretty easy to pull off not falling into a river and drowning with a huge BAC, but definitely possible. I go back and forth. There are walls, fences, and tons of trees/vegetation between that greenway and the river, too. Not like you could just misstep and hit the water. That area under those bridges is sketchy as hell, btw.

- I feel like losing your balance, falling in a river, and drowning is fairly believable behavior for someone that’s trashed?

- Losing in the opening game of the SEC tournament from wire to wire really took a lot of wind out of my sails. Really trying to get myself psyched up for a big run but sheesh that was just a mojo killer

-Thursday game is great, if we win obvs. Makes Friday just pure joy

-Cmon guys, let’s make a run!

I think ole boy got lured into some homeless camp with the offer of drugs and/or alcohol and those bums had their way with him. I’m sure those street folk know how to get rid of a body. Ain’t no way that city wants the public to know of some sordid story like that coming out.

-Going to see Arthur The King @4:45 today, should be a feel good movie that hits all the good feels.

-Who is Riley Stain? Have never heard of this phenomenon of a person and why is it important? Wasn’t she on Joe Rogan?

I also like these:
I think PTI can stroll over to the Mississippi in a few days and find him floating by.

He saw the cop and gathered himself for enough time to scoot by. Probably dropped card while fumbling for phone out of his pocket. JMO.
“I think ole boy got lured into some homeless camp with the offer of drugs and/or alcohol and those bums had their way with him. I’m sure those street folk know how to get rid of a body. Ain’t no way that city wants the public to know of some sordid story like that coming out.“

Both of which are:
“I have zero idea what happened nor was I there but here’s a completely made up possible story of what I think happened which has no bearing on anything…”

-Back to the 50s to start the day this week, love love love that. Was getting too warm too soon.

-Time to fill out some brackets.

I think they probably get rid of the body by simply dumping it in the river, doubt a whole lot of thought goes into it.

-arizona trip:

Tuscon:

Wife's convention was at JW Marriott @ Starr pass. Solid resort, decent food for a convention. Pool/hot tub. Had a suite with spectacular views of Tucson mountain park... did a bit of hiking there. Beautiful.

-golf at the club at starr pass. A Troon property, iirc. No idea about slope/rating... but a tough course in an amazing setting. Lots of wildlife... coyotes (huge), roadrunners (small... looney toons lied), mule deer, black tail deer and javalina.

^hadn't played in a quite a bit. Re-tweaked a hammie swinging for the fences on the first hole. Topped it... ball didn't leave the tee box. Same on second. Settled in on the 3rd hole...was long and straight for the rest of the scramble. Short game was rusty but serviceable. Really enjoyed... not gonna rejoin a club but I'll try toplay a few times a year and will stop turning down opportunities.

-stopped at Taliesin West in Scottsdale on the way up north. Frank Lloyd Wright's "winter studio". Really cool site/building.

Northern Arizona:

-stayed at airb&b in Cottonwood. Nice little downtown. Ate at a couple solid spots. Centrally located.

-grand canyon NP. Hiked a couple miles of the south rim. Tried to hike bright angel... but trail was closed for maintenance a half mile or so in. As everyone knows... amazing place, words can't do it justice.

^dinner at El Tovar lodge. Oldest lodge in the park. Spectacular views from the dining room... middling "country club" food.

-drive back to Cottonwood was a chore. Snow/visibility around Flagstaff was a challenge.

-Sedona. Beautiful place. Wandered around the artist's studios/shops. Mariposa for lunch one day... best meal of the trip, great vistas.

-hiked fay canyon trail in the Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness... 3 or so miles inc. the spur that led to Fay arch. Moderate with a bit of scrambling in spots. If you're in the area it's a must do. Really, really awesome trail.

-broken arrow trail/high on the hog/twin buttes the next day. Coconino national forest. Another short (3ish mile) hike with postcard scenery. Really nice.

-tuzigoot and Montezuma castle national monuments were really cool... if you dig history/anthropology/ruins and such.

-went to Jerome... now home of Maynard James Keenan (tool, puscifer, apc). Weird little town on the side of a mountain. Once known as the most wicked town in the west (whores, booze, opium). His record store is very cool... other stuff was fine.

-afternoon flight outta Tucson so we left Cottonwood early to spend some time at Saguaro National Park. Lots of really big cacti... the cartoony kind. They have to be 50 years old before they grow an "arm". Wild stuff.

-hit jack in the box and in and out while on the road. Both good... I suspect the hype is more nostalgia/regional pride, but when in Rome

TL/DR... Arizona is a pretty nice place.

-go cats.

Last edited:
-arizona trip:

Tuscon:

Wife's convention was at JW Marriott @ Starr pass. Solid resort, decent food for a convention. Pool/hot tub. Had a suite with spectacular views of Tucson mountain park... did a bit of hiking there. Beautiful.

-golf at the club at starr pass. A Troon property, iirc. No idea about slope/rating... but a tough course in an amazing setting. Lots of wildlife... coyotes (huge), roadrunners (small... looney toons lied), mule deer, black tail deer and javalina.

^hadn't played in a quite a bit. Re-tweaked a hammie swinging for the fences on the first hole. Topped it... ball didn't leave the tee box. Same on second. Settled in on the 3rd hole...was long and straight for the rest of the scramble. Short game was rusty but serviceable. Really enjoyed... not gonna rejoin a club but I'll try toplay a few times a year and will stop turning down opportunities.

-stopped at Taliesin West in Scottsdale on the way up north. Frank Lloyd Wright's "winter studio". Really cool site/building.

Northern Arizona:

-stayed at airb&b in Cottonwood. Nice little downtown. Ate at a couple solid spots. Centrally located.

-grand canyon NP. Hiked a couple miles of the south rim. Tried to hike bright angel... but trail was closed for maintenance a half mile or so in. As everyone knows... amazing place, words can't do it justice.

^dinner at El Tovar lodge. Oldest lodge in the park. Spectacular views from the dining room... middling "country club" food.

-drive back to Cottonwood was a chore. Snow/visibility around Flagstaff was a challenge.

-Sedona. Beautiful place. Wandered around the artist's studios/shops. Mariposa for lunch one day... best meal of the trip, great vistas.

-hiked fay canyon trail in the Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness... 3 or so miles inc. the spur that led to Fay arch. Moderate with a bit of scrambling in spots. If you're in the area it's a must do. Really, really awesome trail.

-broken arrow trail/high on the hog/twin buttes the next day. Coconino national forest. Another short (3ish mile) hike with postcard scenery. Really nice.

-tuzigoot and Montezuma castle national monuments were really cool... if you dig history/anthropology/ruins and such.

-afternoon flight outta Tucson so we left Cottonwood early to spend some time at Saguaro National Park. Lots of really big cacti... the cartoony kind. They have to be 50 years old before they grow an "arm". Wild stuff.

-hit jack in the box and in and out while on the road. Both good... I suspect the hype is more nostalgia/regional pride, but when in Rome

TL/DR... Arizona is a pretty nice place.

-go cats.
That is crazy, I was in Sedona on Thursday-Friday and Cottonwood on Friday (watched the game there). Back to PHX on Saturday, then drove down to Tucson and back.

Good recap.

Reactions: wcc31 and rudd1
Both of which are:
“I have zero idea what happened nor was I there but here’s a completely made up possible story of what I think happened which has no bearing on anything…”
9K92gr.gif

I had made 23 of the past 26 SECTs. This year had a meeting in PHX that I could have moved but didn't, then stuck around and saw some friends who live out there.

Plus, our group is all kind of Nashville'd out, unfortunately. At least this year, we all needed a break.

But I will say, last time we won a title, I was in the same city (NOLA) 3 weeks earlier (SECT that year), so hope that tradition holds up again. :)

Also yes, WS, to your point - if you all aren't there, and we aren't there, times have definitely changed. Turns out my 26 year old daughter ended up going down there to see a friend during SECT weekend (but not games).

I might be "aging out" of Broadway. :):(
29 year old bartender buddy just went to Nashville with his brothers for music and beers and he said it was too much for them even but he had fun.

The number of people and $10 domestics just kind of made him lose the illusion of Nashville/Music City. Two beers and a shot is $100 a stop for 3 dudes, that becomes annoying when you’re not looking at some beautiful naturescape but a crowded blacktop street full of people hollering.

-Shoe shopping, the worst. Just said screw it as I basically like a “uniform” or wearing close to the same thing every day, ordered a gray pair and black pair of adidas daily 3.0s for almost $100 per… blah.

Don’t like spending money on shoes but they’re classic and clean and I need more than just flops to go out in fort crowded situations and don’t want to wear boots all summer.

-Becker at Vermont with the Black Crowes definitely smoking the greenery plus he took the Vermont job for a reason… Todd Golden with Sublime… 💨 and Andy Kennedy with Bob Marley?!?! 😂 we’re supposed to believe he’s listening to Easy Skanking on his day off and not burning tulips? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 80 Proof and rudd1
Did you know… they grind your coffee differently depending on how you brew it/type of brewing device?

I’m assuming this is a yes for most everyone but me.

I wondered why my last batch/bag of local coffee was meh, it was much bigger grounds and not for a moko pot.

The things we learn as 41 year olds…

• Sad
Reactions: jayroon
That music list. Izzo with Jackson 5 means he hasn't listened to music in years, might as well be Kids Bop.

Pitino and CCR, nope. That's a sit by the fire and kick back group. He hasn't relaxed or blinked in years.

I like coffee.

Reactions: roguemocha
-No, this isn’t Cheers. We don’t have a hot cup of coffee waiting for you like a gd diner man.

And yes, believe it or not, I’ve changed my mind on things since that post in 2016.

I said ever since I had my HA and quit drinking I’ve been craving coffee and finally understood the difference between Folgers and actual good coffee.

It still doesn’t need anything more than a little milk and pure honey if you HAVE to dress it up, black is still cats pajamas to me, but spoil myself with the other sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT