ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lass was a big fan of turning the lights on under the swim platform at night and letting little fish nibble on her toes...so cutsie like a fancy pedi!

After she saw a big ass snapping turtle in the water this weekend, that's over.

Reactions: BlueFromBirth
The lass was a big fan of turning the lights on under the swim platform at night and letting little fish nibble on her toes...so cutsie like a fancy pedi!

After she saw a big ass snapping turtle in the water this weekend, that's over.
Keep your pants up in front of guests, doc.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Props to Netflix on its "Last Chance U" release date. Perfect timing.
How about the governing body suspending everyone for a game the following season... some of which were not on the field but were at the game. Thought that was hilarious. JUCO doesnt give any f's

Reactions: wcc31
If the right thing happens and '05 and '09 are thrown out, Duke officially passes UNC on number of NCAA titles. Suicide hotlines will be on red alert.

@B.B.d.K. - you catch The Defiant Ones 4-part doc on HBO? It's about Iodine and Dre. Tremendous.

Iodine's career is just stupid. Worked with John Lennon, Springsteen on "Born to Run," Tom Petty before he completely blew up, in-her-prime Stevie Nicks, U2 before they blew up, Dre as "The Chronic" came out, etc. [laughing] Absurd.

I'm pretty sure this isn't an inside-GYERO intentional error. [laughing]

This "Last Chance U" episode about DeAndre Johnson is pretty damn good television. The stuff with his parents is strong.

Reactions: anthonys735
Well, at least the NCAA appears to have re-grown a set of balls. For a decade or more you could basically tell them to touch off like a mall security cop.

That strategy didn't work so well for Louisville and might not work so well for the Fightin' UKOs, either.

If the NCAA pulls down banners in its biggest money-making sport because schools provided free poon and grades to basketball players, then good. Sure beats hassling everyone for inane things like whether or not a school can provide cream cheese for after practice bagels or that time back in the day that Tubby had to report some bullshit violation because he caught a bounce pass on a recruiting visit, or whatever that was.

In slightly related news, Tubby's Randolph Morris fax story was, is, and always will remain hilarious. There is not one single chance it was true but Tubby was just scattered enough to make it slightly believable.

Also, the kid who asked Randolph to sign a giant fax is probably CEO of some internet company by now. That was epic.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
^Valentine's Day Massacre.

I too was disgusted, but had already made plans to see them vs SC in Columbia on the last weekend of the season. That game was a Holy Sht moment. You could see it all coming together during that game. Made me think we might actually have a run in us so I made flight reservations to SA the next day, before I left SC.

Got back home, read the Sunday paper and saw that Magloire had guaranteed a national championship, and I started to believe.

-I absolutely believe the Tubby fax story based on what I've heard from people who saw how Tubby operated and how disorganized he was. Plus, I think NCAA rules required a signed statement or fax, so that would explain why Randy did it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31 and cawoodsct
I think the NCAA has learned that punishing programs in hindsight for past violations (stripping wins, banners, etc) is a good model to follow that continues to protect their bottom line. UL fans will still claim that 2013 title, we'll make fun of them, the "memories" plus the tv revenue is untouched, and the NCAA can still act holier than thou.

This UNC thing will be fantastic if they are stripped of anything. The self righteousness coming from both the NCAA and UNC should be enough to last a generation.

Reactions: drxman1
* Unpopular opinion, but don't give af. The NCAA stripping banners, titles, wins = ridiculous. Now, I'm a huge fan when it happens to our rivals, simply because it drives the corresponding fan base crazy, but Smart Fan knows better than to count by their numbers, as opposed to reality. Keep in mind our own coach has all kinds of vacated wins. Here's the list of everyone...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vacated_and_forfeited_games_in_college_basketball

I'll laugh and point fingers and rub it in Louisville/UNCs face if it happens, but I'm not recounting jack squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT