ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's assume they did put a live shark in a tank running parallel to Phelps; what are the odds they could've gotten the shark to race Phelps?
They could have put a baby seal at the end of the shark tank. That would have been must see TV.

Billy Bates beat a cheetah.* A real one. Not a computer generated joke.

Then he scored the winning run in Game 2 of the 1990 World Series.

I think Billy Bates would win a race against a shark (assuming he can swim) and Michael Phelps.

Billy Bates should be the most decorated Olympian of all-time.

* Bates won the race, but only after his hat came off his head and the cheetah mistook it for food.

Billy Bates beat a cheetah.* A real one. Not a computer generated joke.

Then he scored the winning run in Game 2 of the 1990 World Series.

I think Billy Bates would win a race against a shark (assuming he can swim) and Michael Phelps.

Billy Bates should be the most decorated Olympian of all-time.

* Bates won the race, but only after his hat came off his head and the cheetah mistook it for food.
Wire-to-Wire was amazing. Watched no less than 4,000 times.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Bates is the perfect illustration of how crazy sports can be. Chops an infield hit off one of the greatest closers of all time, scores the winning run of game 2 of the World Series and never plays a single inning of Major League Baseball again.

Well then.

Anyhow, so uh, I did a low country shrimp boil Saturday night for some in-laws and my upcoming birthday. Made waaaaayyyy too much but it was very good. Had some leftovers for dinner tonight. So yeah, good stuff and all.

Passed Montgomery Gentry's tour bus on the way down to Nashville today. In true Jessamine County fashion, they blew a plume of black smoke out of their tailpipe right before we passed them. B-Rax's bunch would've gone wild.

This weather though. Man, it's hot. Unless you were in a place that got some rain today . . .

Solar Eclipse. Kerstie Alley. Global warrrmmming.

So some dude attacked people with a freaking chainsaw today in Switzerland...Jesus.

The lass debuting her first crockpot pork tacos tonight. Not bad.

Expanded clip for my Glock 43 came in. Wodie.

Ballers with a nice start. Steve Gutenberg was a nice surprise.

Have a new found respect for single parents.

Wife had complications with her delivery and couldn't really do anything the first week and now she's in the hospital with pancreatitis and getting her gallbladder removed :weary:. Everything is stable, the surgery is done, and the baby is healthy but it's exhausting, even with family help.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
What would you even do if some nutcase just starts a chainsaw in public and proceeds to hack people? I'm sure Dr. Boat would put two in the guy's chest and one in the head, and with his extended clip have plenty more ammo to spare.

But I can't even imagine just minding your own business in public, listening to headphones or whatever, and then turning around to see that.

Just no frame of reference for that. I'd probably run as fast as possible but there is a part of me that would be like "you motherf***er" and want to do something, as stupid as that would be. Without training it is probably better to be Team Theon in something like that, but I don't know if I could live with myself either.

What would you even do if some nutcase just starts a chainsaw in public and proceeds to hack people? I'm sure Dr. Boat would put two in the guy's chest and one in the head, and with his extended clip have plenty more ammo to spare.

But I can't even imagine just minding your own business in public, listening to headphones or whatever,
Just no frame of reference for that.

Ever play Vice City?

Chainsaw story - me and a buddy were running the neighborhood streets Halloween of '84. See a truck come to a stop in front of us and we hear "Hey, come here". We approach the truck and they were in dark clothing and............some dude in the back jumps up and starts his chainsaw. I've never run as fast. Pretty sure I shit my pants.

Turns out they didn't have the chain on and had pulled the prank on others.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Wife had complications with her delivery and couldn't really do anything the first week and now she's in the hospital with pancreatitis and getting her gallbladder removed :weary:.

Sorry to hear that. My wife had that issue due to salmonella. Developed pancreatitis; removed gall bladder. She kept having flare ups for a few years whenever she got dehydrated, so keep that in mind.

I am sure everyone here except WCC could take down the chainsaw dude....he's wiry, however.

1500916474191.jpg

Maybe the next time you're out for a long ride in your spandex, you hit another curb and take a another bad spill. This time though you can't just walk it off... Ole boy comes to your aid, but maybe he has other things in mind than getting you back to Montclair...

If I could play devils advocate, I'm sure I could outrun a guy with a chainsaw if I knew it was coming but in the heat of the moment I'd probably be flat footed with the shock of some dude coming at me with a chain saw.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Nice day up in Cincy Saturday -- abh & his friends are lunatics, those guys are still wilder today at 45-55 then my crew was at *any* point in life...but it sure as hell makes for a fun time once or twice per year. Sheesh. Luckily, the recovery part limits the visits, I'm good on that for a long time now.

Plus, I beat his ass in golf. Again.

-Chariot Run today at 12:30. Best accessible course around here imo...they have 1-2 spots for $25 on GolfNow each week if you can snag them, as we have a few times this summer. Not big on random golf when I belong somewhere, but that App is actually pretty awesome.

-Lass had a retirement party on Sunday for her favorite little co-worker. Went the lazy route w/ Lasagna & other goodies from Costco, which helped her overall anxiety leading up. I'm not sure I've had a Kirkland Brand product yet that isn't as good or better (usually better) than a comparable 'premium' brand. Dangerous place, but what a great store.

-Imagine a time when Chad would have a party hosted by Pope (of all people), and not single one of this crew was invited? Wow. #2017

-Froome was his usual beast self, but was happy to see Groenewegen nab his first TDF stage win -- quite a mad dash that was to the finish there in the sprint w/ Greipel and Hagen.

Team Sky can get pumped. Only one person I know who would pretend to enjoy cheaters ride bicycles on television. My boy Stephen Cummings was my sleeper pick, really had nothing to lose -- was just glad to see him finish despite the pain. Looks like some time off/rehab is in store.

Can't wait til next year.

-Couples Classic this weekend, by far our club's biggest event. 144 teams from all over, 2.5 day event, and just a complete shit show and blast of a time that I've heard about daily since we joined. Seems like something I could have quite a few of you up to at some point. Amazingly, we have people who have children, who also play golf. Most, in fact. That little excuse must just be a Lexington thing, idk.

-Not sure what to think of this Rose/Cavs deal. How cool would Fox have been?

[laughing] at Darius Miller (and mainly Darius Miles) trending on Twitter all night after is deal w/ seemingly everyone misreading the Miller Deal as thinking Miles was making a comeback? Anyways, that makes me happy, love Darius.

-Tomatoes finally popping in the garden. :fire: Really one of life's simple pleasures, a home grown tomato.

:football:

Last edited:
Wendy's queso burger looks good.

A quarter-pound of fresh, never frozen beef topped with warm and spicy poblano queso, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, fire-roasted salsa, red onions, and shredded cheddar cheese, all served on a toasted red jalapeno bun.

Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT