ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy's queso burger looks good.

A quarter-pound of fresh, never frozen beef topped with warm and spicy poblano queso, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, fire-roasted salsa, red onions, and shredded cheddar cheese, all served on a toasted red jalapeno bun.

Satellite

Too busy. Tone it down Wendy's. Dave is turning in his grave. Bet you can't even taste the beef.

Really struggling over this GNR concert at the YUM! decision, as I did with U2's recent concert (which I did not go to). I've seen them both several times...in the early 90s. They were the biggest bands in the world. I just don't know if those concert experiences can be topped for those particular bands. Like watching Jordan with the Bulls, or Curry with the Warriors. Or the C A T S CATS CATS CATS!!! in 1996. The best of the best. I feel like watching GNR today (or U2 for that matter) would be like watching BIG3 Basketball. Do I really want to watch the likes of Tony Delk/Antoine Walker/Derek Anderson play 3-on-3 basketball and chuck up 4 point shots? Do I really want to watch GNR or U2 with everyone recording the event on their cell phones? Fat Axl Rose?

No sir, I don't like it. I can't do it. That was a special moment in time and I'm going to keep it that way.

GNR.jpg

Saw U2 in Lex in 1987. Some friends asked us to come see them at PJCS in June, otherwise it would not have been on my radar to see them again 30 years later.

Extremely glad we went. Great show, incredible production.

Reactions: Col. Angus
DrBoat is my current bestie in GYERO, along with PTI.

The lass has been on me for years about taking her down to Cumberland. She'd never been and misses the water. Decided to do it for her birthday this year. Rented a cabin and Boat generously offered to take our crew of 6 out both days.

It was awesome. Forgot just how gorgeous Cumberland is. Much more laid back than my last trip to the party cove at 76 Falls back in 2006.

Pretty much a perfect weekend. Water was a great temperature. Weather was great. Atmosphere was awesome. Beer was cold. Everyone had a great time.

I owe DrBoat one. Really nice of him to do that.

Really struggling over this GNR concert at the YUM! decision, as I did with U2's recent concert (which I did not go to). I've seen them both several times...in the early 90s. They were the biggest bands in the world. I just don't know if those concert experiences can be topped for those particular bands. Like watching Jordan with the Bulls, or Curry with the Warriors. Or the C A T S CATS CATS CATS!!! in 1996. The best of the best. I feel like watching GNR today (or U2 for that matter) would be like watching BIG3 Basketball. Do I really want to watch the likes of Tony Delk/Antoine Walker/Derek Anderson play 3-on-3 basketball and chuck up 4 point shots? Do I really want to watch GNR or U2 with everyone recording the event on their cell phones? Fat Axl Rose?

No sir, I don't like it. I can't do it. That was a special moment in time and I'm going to keep it that way.

GNR.jpg

Why are you even debating going or not going? It is universally known that whatever event that you attend will be the most electric and awesome event ever.

-Imagine a time when Chad would have a party hosted by Pope (of all people), and not single one of this crew was invited?

He brought his own crew. 8-10 people is about all I care to take out at a time, comfortably anyway. Learn Boats.

Chad also spent a good chunk of the weekend talking about how much he didn't like you. So there's that...

Really struggling over this GNR concert at the YUM! decision, as I did with U2's recent concert (which I did not go to). I've seen them both several times...in the early 90s. They were the biggest bands in the world. I just don't know if those concert experiences can be topped for those particular bands. Like watching Jordan with the Bulls, or Curry with the Warriors. Or the C A T S CATS CATS CATS!!! in 1996. The best of the best.

You need to get out more....err....should have gotten out more. Regardless, you are either a fan or you aren't. Go or don't...but you can't base expectations on what you experienced 20+ years ago. It won't be the same even if they play superbly. Go to enjoy it...not to compare.

I saw GnR at Coachella last year. I didn't go to see them as I hate 80s hair metal but they happened to be playing at a stage next to a group I actually wanted to see so I had to hear the tail end of their set. Axl rose was in a wheelchair. It was awful, but for all I know it was the best concert they ever played because no matter what I would think it was awful because their music is garbage.

He brought his own crew. 8-10 people is about all I care to take out at a time, comfortably anyway. Learn Boats.

Chad also spent a good chunk of the weekend talking about how much he didn't like you. So there's that...
Plus, BBdK is golfing 24/7 and wouldn't have time to come visit anyone anyways.

GYERO, I apologize for not posting already, but I walked by last night when it was just "Kroger" up there. They've also removed "Commonwealth Stadium" from the Nich. Rd side of the field and painted it blue (the new bright blue that doesn't match the sign above it - the same sign that caused an uproar 2 years ago and went to vote of the general public on what to put up there).

(from the PA)"Welcome to CM Newton Field, at Go Eff Yourself Stadium!"
(from stadium speakers) WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR, BABY!
Matthew Mitchell appears on the jumbotron. Dances.
Sundy Best begins set in old Purple Lot, current Construction Zone
Same kids still trying to sell you candy bars outside stadium for their team uniforms
A small plane flies over Go Eff Yourself Stadium, Scratch jumps out. Parachute opens. He lands.
The crowd is electric as their CATS take the field.
(from stadium speakers) "Mony Mony" ends, fades into "Livin with the crazies and the ol' Wildcats..."

--end pregame--

Reactions: SAECATFAN
@B.B.d.K. - you catch The Defiant Ones 4-part doc on HBO? It's about Iodine and Dre. Tremendous.

Iodine's career is just stupid. Worked with John Lennon, Springsteen on "Born to Run," Tom Petty before he completely blew up, in-her-prime Stevie Nicks, U2 before they blew up, Dre as "The Chronic" came out, etc. [laughing] Absurd.

::scratch jumps up on to the goal post and encourages fans to drink some ice cold cocolar from the official souvenir cup. We do. He toasts the fans, the fans who helped defeat Louisville and the heisman trophy winner on their own field, the same fans who cheered the football team who had a quarterback tackle hisself in the pocket, and skip a game to take the bar exam. His tone grows sterner, more apathetic. Fans begin coughing in the stands. He toasts to the fans who watched a conference USA player cuck their favorite team on national television, in prime time. Fans are now vomiting blood. He continues, toasting the same fans who joyfully exaulted when they thought Tim Tebow had died on our believed CM newton field. The faithful are now mostly dead in the stands, those who sit in the upper deck are flailing over the new seat backs and landing on the loge roof. Scratch pans the scene and slowly removes his head. It's Arya Stark. She turns to Mitch Barnhart. "When they ask what happened here, tell them it was the folks from big ass fans. They really wanted those dang naming rights."
[a male cheer leader takes the mega phone] ITS FOOOOOOTBALLL TIIIIMMMME IN THE BLUUUEEGRASSSSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT