ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course vacating wins, titles, etc. is legitimate.

You play with ineligible players? Your wins don't count. Period. Otherwise, just cheat your ass off and buy a bunch of players, win a bunch of games, and when you get busted a few years down the road, so what? You have a rafter full of banners to show for it.

"I won the 2017 Boston Marathon!"

"Yeah, but you cheated by driving a car for 17 of those miles."

"SCOREBOARD!"

You play with ineligible players? Your wins don't count. Period. Otherwise, just cheat your ass off and buy a bunch of players, win a bunch of games, and when you get busted a few years down the road, so what? You have a rafter full of banners to show for it.

"SCOREBOARD!"

Agree here.

May sound cool to say "we all know who really won!!!", but it wouldn't be the same. As a fan, ALL WE HAVE is our pride and ability to smack another fan w/ a title, total, (or whatever) when needed...that getting taken away is a huge deal. It's essentially everything.

Last edited:

"SCOREBOARD!"

Rosie Ruiz in 1980. Took the subway to the finish line in the NYC Marathon just to qualify for Boston, then burst out of the crowd to cross the tape first there despite the leaders never seeing her pass them.

I still think I am dreaming when it comes to UofL's banner coming down.

It's TOO tasty for me to even comprehend.
15203217_10157793219020006_8165294610730515959_n.jpg

So I haven't been paying much attention but these Horse videos make me ask if Rex is back in good graces with the Nation?

We have our own "what if" with NCAA rules, right?

If the Kanter thing had not been deemed an issue at the time, assume he plays and we won the title in 2011. Years later, the benefits are discovered, he's deemed ineligible and the wins/title are vacated. We cool with that?

I mean, that whole thing sucks, but most of the joy in labeling UL and UNC as cheaters is the fact that we haven't been caught up in that sort of thing.

For years UofL fans called Pitino a dirty cheating SOB while he coached at Kentucky. He pretty much got the same treatment Cal gets. As soon as they get him they forget all that and he is the bastion of light. What kind of horseshit logic is that? Its is pretty damn satisfying that this all blew up on them on his watch whether he knew about it or not.

For years UofL fans called Pitino a dirty cheating SOB while he coached at Kentucky. He pretty much got the same treatment Cal gets. As soon as they get him they forget all that and he is the bastion of light. What kind of horseshit logic is that? Its is pretty damn satisfying that this all blew up on them on his watch whether he knew about it or not.
Yeah it's like a gestating infection that erupts at the worst possible time.

Herpes. I'm calling him and the UL program herpes.

KSR was complaining about the font - isn't it the same font used on all of UK's stuff now?

Which I think is a positive, and blends it in as well as possible.
Yup

I like the new logo when viewed in context of the new typeface they seem to have developed for UK (and have slapped all over the environmental graphics of the stadium renovation.)

Substanitive, imo.

Looking at it in person last night (no WS), it blends in so that it looks like it might as well be a person's name if you didn't know otherwise.

Much better than the Kroger logo, which is what I think we all envisioned / feared.

Kroger-Field-by-Joe-Mussatto_gtovgr.jpg

They need some big ol trees to cover up all that industrial jail looking grey crap. Something. Hang a couple big flat screens beside that cage thing. Put one of those cheesy urban murals on there like Lexington loves so much. Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT