ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually really do enjoy The Beautiful Game now. I even find myself watching Euro games on channels I didn't even know I had.

It still pales in comparison with football and basketball for me, but it is almost up there with baseball.

Unless Tiger is playing, I have next to zero interest in golf. I don't get into hockey. Soccer is a legit #4 for me and I enjoy watching it.

Different strokes for different folks ATKOT.

But if I ever call it The Beautiful Game again, wcc has permission to kick me square in the nuts.

We looked at houses out in the farther suburbs, getting into the country area awhile ago mainly because my wife thought that's what she wanted. But after living about 5 minutes from downtown Cincinnati for the last 10 years I don't think we can ever move that far out. It would hurt my yuppie/hipster cred. Plus most of the close suburbs have a ishload of old parks for running/biking/kids stuff.

wcc -- I'm only going to say this one time:

Cut this shit out.

Long term planning. Always refering to "we" and "us." Home shopping. Thinking about your future.

Bad look, bro. Bad mf'ing look.

Football =

Tailgating- easily the most fun social experience when it comes to sports, although MaxPowerrr would probably argue in favor of going to Molly Malones at 7am on a Sunday morning to watch Man U

GAMBOL- between fantasy and lines, easily the best sport for this

Centralized viewing- Saturdays for 99% of CFB games, can watch games for 12-13 hours straight and not have to worry about work the next day

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
We looked at houses out in the farther suburbs, getting into the country area awhile ago mainly because my wife thought that's what she wanted. But after living about 5 minutes from downtown Cincinnati for the last 10 years I don't think we can ever move that far out. It would hurt my yuppie/hipster cred. Plus most of the close suburbs have a ishload of old parks for running/biking/kids stuff.

Yeah, I lean this way, as well.

Thoughts on living out in the country vs. the immediate suburbs?

I grew up about a half hour from Cincinnati. My parents have 5 acres and live on a huge hill that has about 10 other houses. My aunt and uncle live across the street. My uncle's brother lives down the street. We pretty much know everybody. Our dogs run loose and we know all the neighbors' dogs, too. My cousin's building up there. It has some beautiful views of the country side and is peaceful and quiet. We grew up playing in the woods, playing baseball, football and basketball all the time. When I was a teenager, I could have huge parties and never have any problems with police or neighbors. It was a great place to grow up and I still enjoy going out there.

There are a couple houses for sale out that way. We looked at one yesterday on a whim while hanging out at my folk's house. Honestly, I never considered living that far out again, but it was her idea to give it a look. It would be an adjustment for me going back to having to drive 30 minutes every time we wanted to have a social activity, but I'd get used to it. Would be nice being close to the family. I think it would be a huge adjustment for the lass- the drive, not being able to just grab an Uber, etc. I was she even brought it up. I could see it in a few years, but not sure today.
Anthony likes this post.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
We looked at one yesterday on a whim while hanging out at my folk's house. Honestly, I never considered living that far out again, but it was her idea to give it a look.

If it was her idea to give it a look, it wasn't a whim. She wants a house, and that was prepping you for the idea in your comfort zone.

Might wanna hit that home loan thread. She'll have what she wants before the next NBA Draft. That, or you'll be moving again in three years.

Congratulations.

I'll watch for late game drama, but football is pretty dumb if we're being honest. I mean nobody, including the referees, knows what a catch is.

Favorites to watch:

1 - Basketball
1a - Football

2. Horse racing (The big, graded stakes - not the everyday 3k claiming races)

3. Golf
4. Baseball (a little higher when Reds are in the mix)

5. Olympic type sports (really like swimming/diving)

6. Hot dog eating contest

7. Soccer
8. Hockey

My options are pretty limited, particularly when compared to the above post. This city is just very, very urban....and I love it. Everywhere I go is a $6 uber, a streetcar ride, or walkable. I like being in close proximity to stuff way too much to live elsewhere.

If I want space and nature, that's what weekend escapes are for, imo.

Reactions: anthonys735
wcc, I am about 30 minutes from downtown. I miss being closer sometimes, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I live in a nice subdivision that is 5 minutes from "the country" and less than that from the small town charm of downtown Loveland.

I've got multiple restaurants, bars, one of the world's best bike trails & the Little Miami River within a mile.

I'm less than 15 minutes from Harper's Point and the Fields Ertel/Mason Montgomery areas.

There are really cool areas that can give you the best of both worlds if you look, young man.

I can't see you straying too far from KY, so I picture you settling in the Cold Spring area. Close enough for your urban lass to still feel like she's part of the action.

My options are pretty limited, particularly when compared to the above post. This city is just very, very urban....and I love it. Everywhere I go is a $6 uber, a streetcar ride, or walkable. I like being in close proximity to stuff way too much to live elsewhere.

If I want space and nature, that's what weekend escapes are for, imo.

If you're single, there's no way in hell I'd live anywhere further than 10 minutes from downtown.

Let's keep the Eli stuff to a minimum. Please. Could care less about Adrian playing video games in his Uncle's garage and a Par 3 contest that feeds into a Mexican joint overlooking the green.

Thanks.

Eh, I dont mind reading about the shenanigans..

What I did mind was the thread that jack bump started a few years back, who kept asking for "Those Eli updates...1!"

Thoughts on living out in the country vs. the immediate suburbs?

I grew up about a half hour from Cincinnati. My parents have 5 acres and live on a huge hill that has about 10 other houses. My aunt and uncle live across the street. My uncle's brother lives down the street. We pretty much know everybody. Our dogs run loose and we know all the neighbors' dogs, too. My cousin's building up there. It has some beautiful views of the country side and is peaceful and quiet. We grew up playing in the woods, playing baseball, football and basketball all the time. When I was a teenager, I could have huge parties and never have any problems with police or neighbors. It was a great place to grow up and I still enjoy going out there.

There are a couple houses for sale out that way. We looked at one yesterday on a whim while hanging out at my folk's house. Honestly, I never considered living that far out again, but it was her idea to give it a look. It would be an adjustment for me going back to having to drive 30 minutes every time we wanted to have a social activity, but I'd get used to it. Would be nice being close to the family. I think it would be a huge adjustment for the lass- the drive, not being able to just grab an Uber, etc. I was she even brought it up. I could see it in a few years, but not sure today.

We moved out to the country last year and I don't regret it. However I'm about 7-8 years older and have 4 kids. When you are "settled down" its awesome to not have someone living right on top of you. We are still about 20 minutes from Lexington so still close enough to make a trek if needed. Plus Uber does come out to my house still although I've only used it once. Kids can run around and you don't have people in your shit.

Reactions: wcc31
[laughing]

Email from #NoLayingUp customer service department after inquiring about my DHL tracking # being bunk.

Adrian,

Sorry about the delay. DHL tracking sucks...type your code into google, and it should give you a USPS tracking option.

It looks like your order is between the DHL fulfillment center and your local post office. If you don't see it early next week, let me know. It's on the way...Here's a discount for free shipping if you want to snag something else from us in the future: ABaldwinSauce17

Best,

Neil

Reactions: cawoodsct
What about Nike not making golf equipment anymore? Was that abrupt or not?

Let's keep the Eli stuff to a minimum. Please.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Oh, you legitimately wiped your rotten ass with a golf towel on #11? Oh, you had some little newspaper intern follow you hacks around and put your name in the paper? Oh, you are pissed because 'cabin night' with degenerates X, Y, & Z didn't work out this year? TELL ME MORE. Which one of you gaffots is going to send for his wife to come pick him up this year after throwing a hissy fit on the course? [eyeroll]

Third rate golf tourney in BFE WKY - what a hoot.

Hope the chips/salsa are dope.

Lol. Yeah, GYERO has been :fire: lately. Need more Murfreesboro rundowns for sure.

Eli will forever be a part of this thread the 1st week of August. The more it annoys certain dbag posters the better. :100points:

We could always talk about Geese's 40lbs he's gained, if you wanna liven things up a bit old school GYERO style. Let me know, I'll be here til 2pm or so.

Chad seems like he's aged 7-8 years in the last few months. He's almost as old as me now. Btw chad - @oldrowradchicks. yw

I currently live in a Ball Home neighborhood and have about .000025 acres. Not a lot when you have 3 kids that spend 10 hours a day socking dingers and being generally disruptive. Would love to get about an acre or two somewhere so they have #roomtoberowdy. Grandparents have 90 acres in Nonsuch that I would love to have one day. My oldest has already begun designing a baseball field behind their house. Can't even imagine.

Reactions: Mashburned
Things I have problems with lately but have not mentioned and letting slide:

-Anth's "Family Dinner" or whatever the hell that is.
-Chad's unbridled optimism about this year's basketball team.
-Adrian's ambiguity about where he's moving.
-Strokin's uncharacteristic chippiness.
-Willy designing the soccer team's uniforms to look exactly like the USMNT's and then taking some kind of odd creative pride in it.
-73's lack of dragging UK football through the mud (ticket prices not withstanding)
-Nobody roasted me for openly suggesting UofL football is a better product than UK football.
-Rob's disappearance.

There's more, believe me.

Nothing more disappointing than the post-Eli wrap-up that only talked about the winners and scores from the weekend. If there wasn't a meltdown, fight, reporter describing the crude behavior word for word, shit-stained golf towel, something, then why bother going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT