ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa Diamond's on Romany is a nice, classic barber shop. Or maybe try Anth's personal hair stylist at the salon...

Traditional Trims on Chinoe or Landsdowne Barber Shop. That's serious advice, B Rax.

Seriously, why in the world would a grown man with normal length hair spend $50+ on a haircut? I honestly don't understand.

Reactions: B Rax
*Dr. Porsche Boat reads GYERO in delight as steak juice drips down his tittiies and the hot bubbly jets fluff his wiener*

Well you guys say what you want but Instagram told me that you don't make excuses, you make results. And those little signs that say that seem pretty legit.

Honestly, I know I won't be able to workout like I do now after kids. But I hate missing the gym and just don't ever see myself just saying well I don't have time. I mean we meal prep all the time so we always have healthy ready food. Doesn't mean we don't order out or get Wendy's on occasion.

I guess we can't actually pay players but what about opening a slush fund to seed NBA front offices to give bad feedback to some of our guys like Briscoe, etc. so they come back?

-$30 pair of clippers every 5 years and cut the hair myself.

- Buy a stationery bike or elliptical for your house and hit it 30-45 minutes during some TV show or game. If your not the lazy type it shouldn't be hard.

- I remember the NBA Eastern Conference being bad, or the Bulls being a lock etc but this is flat out awful playoff competition.

- Want to pay players, and do a solid for the NBA? Be creative and let kids enter the draft anytime but if said kid prefers to go to college based on his teams instruction, then their pay scale during those years is (x) dollars and it's the same for every player/team during college years. Then those insurance policies are bought by the team not the player. But the only catch is if you start the season playing in college you must finish.......it's not the minors where the kid can be allied up at any time hurting the college game.

That's is real life practical, why is this so damn hard?

Let's be honest, if I fix that then you have one less bullet in the gun to shoot my way. Do you really want that?

I'd hate for you to run out of material.

-lol

- $40 including tip every 3rd week.

-those of you single really make too much out of marriage and kids. It's actually really wodie having a family. Wouldn't trade it for anything. #blessed

-I work out minimum 5-6 times per week and balance it with my workout obsessed wife. We mostly run though or I hit the gym at lunch for 45 minutes. There's time in the day to keep the body in check. Diet is where it's hard.

-Derby really is the best time of the year. It's magical.

-Briscoe will be back. I mean he should be back.

-lol at uk hoops. They're trying to disband it from the inside out. I love it. #clubsport

-Trying to digest so much information after a long hiatus. Since when did GYERO threads stop truncating after the 1000th post? Shows you how out of touch I am.

- Speaking of out of touch, the most random clothes shoppers are here. Buy Levis, insanely overpriced Duck Head clothing and brag about a 10 dollar haircut. o_O

Reactions: wcc31
* Wife works flexible job/stay at home some days so I hit the gym at 6am before work and she handles our 11 month old.

Of course all of this is made possible since our little angel is sleeping 12 hours a night now. Prior to that I rolled out of bed 30 min before work from exhaustion.

*$30 & $40 for a men's haircut? LOLZ

Got that $46 stylist haircut, and yet here I am in Levi's 527's.

Reactions: wcc31
My haircuts are free, courtesy of an every other day Wahl buzz. I just don't really like having hair, basically.

But paying good cash for a trim makes sense. For post collegiate dudes, it's less about style and more about titties. If you could somehow get hot crazy chick titties rubbed in your face when you mow the lawn, take the trash out, clean the house, wash your car, walk your dog, or spread mulch.....well, by god we'd likely find ways to overpay for those services, too.

Tailored Affliction shirts or capes, haircuts, hot tubs and boats, whatever - I'm pretty sure it's a thread requirement to blatantly overpay for something, then post about it and dig in...

Main haircut goal is to walk around without it being obvious how little you paid for said haircut.

Hey man, you still got Sergio coming over to rake leaves every couple weeks? What's that dude charge, like 30 bucks?

Nah, bro. Cyndee actually does that for me now. She's got a bible verse tat on her rib cage, dates an ex con, has purple highlights in her hair, and throws her DDs in my face for a few minutes before she gets down to business. It's $100, but totally worth it.

While I'm at it, there is ZERO chance I'll be stricken with white guilt over celebrating today's most authentic Mexican holiday in a most Americanly offensive caricature fashion.

Sombreros, margaritas, Americanized faux-Hispanic cheesy, greasy food. Hell, I may hang out at Lowes and try to pick up an add job while I'm at it. Happy Cinqo de Mayo, y'all.

-$20 w/tip at Gingers downtown once/month.

- Lotta Mothers Day ads I've heard and seen this year are strangely similar to Valentines ads with roses/jewelry/chocolate covered strawberries/etc. That's weird.

Looks like I'm going to Tampa to get married, have kids, stop working out, add some lbs(not the good kind) and generally hate my life so I can see what all the hubbub is around here.

P***y-> still undefeated.

Same boat. Looking forward to being miserable and also wheezing due to my new pet cat! :pray:

Once you have kids it's basically just another Valentine's Day for your wife. And you still gotta get mom something. It's ridiculous. Push present, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, anniversary, Christmas. If your old lady plans it out right she'll be getting a gift about once a month.

You know what moms/wives like? They like purses. And wallets. Never can go wrong with either.
I never went down that road. Figured it would be the equivalent of her going to get me a set of golf clubs without really knowing what to get. Great thought- but the execution could go wrong.

While I'm at it, there is ZERO chance I'll be stricken with white guilt over celebrating today's most authentic Mexican holiday in a most Americanly offensive caricature fashion.

Sombreros, margaritas, Americanized faux-Hispanic cheesy, greasy food. Hell, I may hang out at Lowes and try to pick up an add job while I'm at it. Happy Cinqo de Mayo, y'all.
[laughing]

Marcus rake some leaves and patch up a couple of roofs while you're at it.

I was single this year, but my Valentine's play was always a "spa day". Times up perfect with March bball. By the time she got home, I was well bent and she didn't even mind the cigarette ashes all over the back porch.

:okay:

Thursday Randoms:

- I haven't been superduper workout guy for about a decade- no tracking gains or taking creatine or whatever the hell Gym Bro takes, but I have a hard time believing I'll ever be cool with getting totally out of shape. I'll have to do something. I'm way too vain, and exercise of some sort has become way too big of part of my routine for the last 20 years.

- That said, I'll never blame Dad Guy for not working out. I know too many, including my own, who spend every minute of their day working or catering to their children- ballgames, recitals, etc. Can't blame them for not valuing a 45-minute gym routine 3 nights a week.

- In the Cheesedick Days of my early-to-mid 20s, I'd go to a salon, have a hot betty trim me up and pay too much, but then I realized that Super Cuts did 80% of the job for 50% of the price. Nowadays, I just buzz that shit and I love it. Best Me-Move of the last decade. I miss my lettuce, but this look is as good as any once you start thinning out a bit.

- "In Color" is such a damn good tune.

- It'll never change for me- the best music is 1-2 dudes live, with guitars, singing songs I know the words to- be it Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds or two randos at some dive bar.

- Shorts 90% of the time May-August. I've never been a casual chinos guy, so the other 10%, it's jeans.

- Vogel's a helluva coach, but isn't his offensive system just turrible and boring?

- I've got no time for terrible tippers or people who treat the wait staff poorly.

- I know algorithms can probably do 10x the job these days, but I love listening to handicappers and scouts discuss sports.

- Haven't felt comfortable with whitey's Cinco de Mayo celebrations for awhile now. It'd be different if people in general didn't look so down upon Mexicans, but as it is, the whole mustaches and get-up just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not offended, but I won't take part.

- Good to see the charges were dropped against that dick-out high school football player. Give him a 3-day suspension and call it a lesson learned.

First time checking out the Chow Wagon last night. Same walks of life as its always been, but noticed a lot more young girls with tattoos. Like, if you saw a 16 year old without ink, you spotted a unicorn.

Also, took down a footlong corn dog after slamming tall boy True Pilsner's trying to warm up. Paying dearly for that decision this morning :flush:

No clue how you f**kers eat fast food all the time and have such affinity for those places? Garbage, all of it.

-Rax, here's another vote for Papa Diamond's Mustache on Romany. You'd like that place. Boys would too, probably.

-Was just rolling with spa certificates for a while there, until I realized that she had three of them backed up in her purse. My daughter getting older helps, as she's an extra set of eyes/ears and can gauge what gift might be appropriate. There's a place called Charming Charlie over in Lexington Green that is all the rage for the Mom set these days, apparently...at least in our circles. Guess that's where I'll go.

-Can't imagine many fanbases that have been on more of a roller coaster over the past 3-4 years than Texas A&M football. Just seems like it's one thing after another, positive and negative.

-Chad nailed it with his take on coworkers ordering vegetarian options when having food delivered to the office. Athenian Grill catered yesterday. Grilled chicken? Gone. Pita bread? Mostly gone. Spanakopita(spinach pie) and marinated vegetables? Might sit in the breakroom fridge for three years, untouched(no GYERO).

-KPrep testing for my kid this week. On the drive to school she said all the kids were excited about taking the test papers out of the folders and immediately smelling them. Those kids GET it.

* Healthy, vegetarian options sit around uneaten in Llamas office? Say it isn't so!!

Just assumed you'd waddle in there and tear that shit up.

* I actually have no clue how Dad Guy finds the time to exercise. You really have to make a major commitment, so you'll get a pass from me. The rest of you are just lazy.

* Hank, what was the name of that pron star you mentioned??

Looking forward to adding you as an E-skimo brother.

* Gotta go rent/buy a tux for tomorrow night. Pretty stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT