ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyquist is a star. No doubt def the one to beat. Not getting crazy over Exaggerator beating a bunch of OK horses in the slop after Nyquist shipped east.

Think there will def be a big trifecta and super as most of the field is wide open.

I would go with

Nyquist
Destin
Gun Runner
Majesto

One thing is for sure, don't know why but everyone in Louisville is in love with Mohaymen this week. When asked in the biggest race of his life he had nothing in the tank and faded to a 4th place finish.

Reactions: wcc31
My people are not even allowed in Chevy Chase. Remember when they ran off that "urban" club? Residents said there were wild gun fights in the streets and they didn't feel safe...I think that actually kind of happened. I guess Montclair is the new Chevy Chase? Idk.

-Are you talking about that club called Black Moon or whatever? I went in there one night with KC Herschel after a football game while staying at Anth's house and left after 15 minutes when I saw a dude smoking crack in the bathroom. Not my ideal environment.

-Jeans and hair are very important to me. I have a standing hair appt at a salon every 15 days, the cost is $25, 33 with tip. Richie is weird because I look forward to the wash girl sticking her huge breasts in my face and rubbing my head with shampoo and warm water. I always wear sweatpants, too, just because of that. Have a gay guy bust my wig because they do a better job.

I get my jeans hemmed as well. 7 jeans dont come in any particular length and I dont like stepping on my jeans and ruining them. I wear jeans every day, to work, to go out, wherever, so several nice pair in the rotation is a must.

-Speaking of raising kids and finding time to do shit, BBDK has told me on more than one occasion that taking care of 2 dogs under 8 pounds is much more difficult, expensive and time consuming than raising a child.

-Chad, for the Derby Im boxing
Nyquist
Exaggerator
Majestic
Creator
Brody's Cause and
My Man Sam
in a tri then keying off a couple of them in pic 4's, Oaks/Derby doubles, etc.

so will SAE show up for Tubman's UL signing ceremony or nah?

13124788_10156850827415006_7218506336297659119_n.jpg

A GYERO horse would be fun and a good platform for the GYERO bar to evolve imo. Imagine collecting large payments each month from complete strangers would be the only obstacle.

Plus the 16 page back and forth on who showed up wearing what to the previous race would be tremendous.

(11) Exaggerator (8-1)
(13) Nyquist (3-1)
(14) Mohaymen (10-1)

$2 exacta box

(3) Creator (10-1)
(9) Destin (15-1)
(15) Outwork (15-1)

$2 exacta box

(18) Majesto (30-1)

$2 W,P,S

$30 total bet

* My wife went out last weekend and bought herself a bunch of stuff that I was planning on getting her for Mother's Day. Clothes, potted plants, Bath and Body Works Lotions, the maternal works really. She did it on purpose, and I'm sure I'm going to learn a valuable lesson, but I can't fathom what it would even be. I'll keep you posted.

* I think Mo Tom is a live "long shot." I'd bet him across the board pretty heavy because if he hits anywhere, he'll get your $ back for you.
After that I'd play Nyquist, Gun Runner, Outwork, Brody's Cause, and Suddenbreakingnews, in my exotics.

I'm not sure Nyquist can go the distance, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the money. Mohaymen, Mor Spirit, and Creator scare me, but I'm going to leave them out and hope none of them get up to upset me.

The Desourmeux's are a train wreck. They're basically the Oasis brothers of horse racing and have been very unpleasant to everyone since they got to Churchill. Based on their mood, I don't think they're real happy with Exaggerator coming into this race. His effort in the Santa Anita was a little bit of a mirage. As big of a move as he made in that race, it was in the slop against a blistering pace. The horses were fading and he made a run at them. It was visually impressive, but his last 3/8s were in a very mediocre 38 flat. I'm betting against.

Take that, Chase.

Nyquist, Exaggerator, Gun Runner tribox

Majesto as a longshot

All three could be considered for top honors. Majesto is sneaky, you could also consider SBN at a price, and Creator is another you'll get square odds on.

I also haven't dismissed Mohaymen from my tickets. You draw a nice line through that FD, and you see a horse who has done nothing wrong. I've watched every race he's ran, know what he's capable of, and that was not it. Saw a still pic of him that day in the GP Paddock, and his appearance was nothing close to the Holy Bull, or the FoY...or even his maiden score when we played Florida last September. Sure, he didnt have a good trip at Gulfstream, and I wont use that as an excuse, but I wonder if McLaughlin had him cranked for his best effort that day.../Debating...

Mentioned Mor Spirit in the other thread. Baffert has been quiet, but, never worse than second, worked three times @ 5F (2 at CD) since his last, and his running style fits in here. Could very well be right there at the end, and with odds I hope drift up and as the day goes on.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
He's definitely a quirky colt, and one who has to have that specific pace to run with/at. Whether he gets it Saturday, who knows, but I'm trying to figure out if keeping him in my wagers is out of loyalty or just being plain stubborn.

Reactions: Crankdatmustard
[laughing]

That has to be absolute rock bottom as a UK basketball player.
To be honest, it was surprising how bad he was. When I say a player sucks its relative to the other players who are all obviously better than I.

Not J dot. He just sucked. i remember watching him play in the state tournament his junior year(?)and he didn't even play. He was half a foot taller than everyone and didn't get off the bench. Didn't win the region as a senior. 7' in Kentucky high school basketball.

great kid though

Reactions: JustinSphere
who should I bet on tomorrow?

tia, gfy, diaf, etc

The 5th drew some interest. Pletcher's horse, who despite being out of a Runaway Groom mare, is a favorite I'm not totally sold on. Went looking for a price, and ended up leaning toward the 3,5,7 for a small ex bx.

All bred for the lawn, but the pedigree on the 5 is pretty sharp, and they paid $330K for him out here. Stall might be giving him a race, but putting Saez up at first asking is always a positive sign from this barn.

/ggp

The 5th drew some interest. Pletcher's horse, who despite being out of a Runaway Groom mare, is a favorite I'm not totally sold on. Went looking for a price, and ended up leaning toward the 3,5,7 for a small ex bx.

All bred for the lawn, but the pedigree on the 5 is pretty sharp, and they paid $330K for him out here. Stall might be giving him a race, but putting Saez up at first asking is always a positive sign from this barn.

/ggp
Name and race plz thx tl;dr

Animal glues are not as popular these days as synthetics, partially because dead and dying horses can be sent across the border and slaughtered for their meat, fetching much higher prices.

Happy cinco!!!

Reactions: Mashburned
I used to always go to Gameworks in Newport when I was in law school. I'd drink beer and play "Derby Owner's Club". You basically pick the attributes for your horse, choose training activities to boost skills, and run races.

Sounds incredibly lame, but damn that game was a blast. You got a little card for your horse, so you could pick up where you left off on your next visit. I had a horse named Chock-Fulla Downers that dominated. I need to find that game in Indy...

wp5xi92swhj8imifd7td.jpg

Sometimes, if all you can say about a player is - "hell of a kid, though" - it's probably time to tell them to choose another extra-curricular activity.
If I were a betting man I would bet that another activity was chosen for him. I remember asking my dad why that big tall boy wasn't playing. He was so much bigger than everyone he looked out of place.

"No way Donald Trump wins the GOP!" - Me 8 months ago.

Nothing would surprise me anymore. Hell in a handbasket or whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT