ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally are decent in basketball and Vince is going to be stuck at A&M basketball games.
I get what you're saying, but the sentiment that Kentucky is "finally decent at basketball" struck me as sadly humorous. LOL

Also, Marrow, upon seeing that Vaught endorsed him, probably thought, "Do me a favor, and please stop trying to help..."

Honestly, this seems like a terrible move. There has to be something else at play here. Some reason that staying at UK is not a tolerable option, because they're going to eat him alive.
I reckon he would be thinking that the coach and competitor in him is saying you can’t actually win the SEC here, I mean maybe if all the stars aligned ONE time.

There he has the possibility of at least having a shot at it.

But he’s not getting the statue and stadium named after him if that was ever going to happen. Could’ve stayed here for ten more years and easily solidified his legacy as the greatest coach here ever.

No one would’ve likely matched his record in any of our lifetimes and he’s at least a Kentucky legend and bourbon magnate. I worry for him he’s going the Pitino route and will look back in 3-4 years and say, “What the hell was I thinking? I ran the city and had dump trucks of money already. Now I’m homeless and jobless.”

One thing is for sure, I hope someone was keeping tabs on everyone that said it was time for Stoops to go because were quickly going to find out what happens when you FAFO.

I think rogue is right: You'd better enjoy yesterday's win, because it' probably way more likely than not, that it's going to be gloomy at Commonwealth again.

Nothing is certain, but UK screwing up football is damn near as close as it gets.

I believe you, but rogue was talking about the folks that have been stupidly grumbling that UK could do better than Stoops. And you're not one of those.

Also, if you have been around since 1975, like I have been, this season is far from miserable. UK football is capable of exponentially more misery than a 7 win season.

Ok, it would really suck for us, but it would be objectively hilarious for 119 other fanbases if it happened. (I know it’s not McMurphy, but it’s a real post)

I believe you, but rogue was talking about the folks that have been stupidly been grumbling that UK could do better than Stoops. And you're not one of those.

Also, if you have been around since 1975, like I have been, this season is far from miserable. UK football is capable of exponentially more misery than a 7 win season.
Honestly, I have thought we could do better than him. Didn’t want him fired or anything. Just if something like this happened I’m ok with it.

He seemed like he needs a refresh the past two seasons. I want a coach that wants us too. Us against the world.

Point: UT fans did successfully prevent the school from hiring Schiano

Counterpoint: They hired Jeremy Pruitt instead.

Ok is Brady actually in the know or just wanna make it seem like he is?

The it’s Summerall seemed to indicate he is.

I’d like it if he was in the know actually.

Reactions: UKMKG
My god we are a fickle bunch.

It’s been gloomy!

A&M is making a mistake lol, mark gonna suck.

Also we’re gonna suck and all our players will leave because the guy that made us suck is leaving!

Freaking poosay’s.

We’ll be fine.
I understand what you're attempting to convey, but it's blatantly reductionist. I do think that the odds of Stoops succeeding at A&M amount to a lottery ticket.

And really... cavalierly stating that UK Football "will be fine" is an empty-headed optimism that flies in the face of reality, history, and facts.

Last edited:
I've bitched about UK football, but fvck, that's what I DO. I've always maintained though, that Stoops is as good as it's going to get here. And I firmly believe it.
We will never know. No school will hire him because their fans would revolt. He’s obviously game to leave. That part is obvious.

Stoops felt under appreciated at UK…….Took one look at those A&M comment sections and said “Nah, I’m good.”

Is he obviously game to leave or was this just a premature report from A&M’s version of Marc Maggard/Greg Hoover?

In 80 years, we won the SEC twice, and one of those times, we ended up on probation. 2 (only one that counts) times in 4 generations...
And neither was coached by Mark Stoops. Get a grip. He’s not a legendary coach. Have you watched the games this year or did you take a nap during all of them.

The first person to put the brakes on the story was the T A&M beat writer for the Houston Chronicle .who said Stoops being a done deal.was.misleading and inaccurate about 50 minutes ago so I wonder which side pulled the plug

The only thing I’d offer to Stoops is a buyout for Brad White.

Other than that, we’ve done enough and appreciate everything you’ve done as well but if this doesn’t work for you we understand hoss.

So TAMU insiders saying the BoT rejected the hire….

I admittedly wasn’t a huge Stoops fan before tonight. If he wants out, just let him f*cking leave. Dude has more than enough $$$ to eat and drink himself into oblivion. Standing 7pm daily resy at Jeff Ruby’s.

We’re not your Plan B. Sorry your other gig fell through, but GTFO.

Once again, I'm not leaving. And Hank is the guy with the guy with the mustache.

leonardo-dicaprio-wolf-of-wallstreet.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT