ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99% sure Stoops has no buyout on his end. This has come up before and it is one(more) of those things that is infuriating about Barnhart and his contracts is they are all so one-sided. He wears it like a badge of honor, "Well, if they don't want to be here, I don't want to stop them". So we have to pay exorbitant amounts for someone who can't do their job but if another place wants someone here who is successful we have no insurance to protect our investment.

I'd actually say that was probably one of the things that immediately jumped out to A&M's AD is that they could hire him and pay no buyout, some big savings after the Jimbo fiasco because every other coach who is a head coach and currently working is going to cost a pretty penny on the buyout before you even get into contract terms.

Reactions: jayroon
-both sides. Lmao. Stoops got Schianoed. He had his shit packed and was RTG, metaphorically speaking. Is what it is... don't blame him, there is a lot of money there.

two possibilities moving forward:

1. He realizes how sweet he has it ay UK...9 mil and no *truly* crazy expectations, gets thicker skin, stops saying tone deaf stuff in public and gets to work... maybe the national public ridicule/a&m fan/booster backlash will reinstall the chip on his shoulder and he will direct his anger at something other than BBN.

2. He stays mad at the fan base and jumps at the next opportunity that comes his way.

-appreciate what he's done here. My love/support is well documented. That said, the pony up/you try to coach here comments coupled with this debacle has eroded that to varying degrees amongst fans.

^just beat who you should beat and field a *disciplined* team... and bbn will have your back.

Ok I read what Jones is saying and I can see it.

A&M guys wanting to make sure if they take it to the board that he’ll accept because if they officially are all in it hurts them to be rejected.

He confirms he’d be extremely interested if the board says yes.

They come back without 100% commitment and he says fine I’m not interested, good luck!

No harm no foul.

Nobody expects Stoops to win the SEC or Natty at KY. Be really nice but reality it’s very unlikely to ever happen. Get paid Top 10 money to be a mediocre to good/disciplined team every season and beat UT and a few other teams with a pulse once in awhile and you are good at KY. It really is one of the best jobs in college football. If Stoops really wants to win a NC and be considered an elite coach then I get wanting out and going to a program like A&M but like any major job move with the highest expectations, if he thinks his stress level is high now he has no idea what he was in store for there.

Once again: Stoops makes $9 million a year in a completely comfortable, easy, stable job with bright days ahead.

His agent (Jimmy Sexton, of course) probably threw out some ridiculous offer…..”my guy would love to move to College Station. For $15 million a year totally guaranteed over 8 years.” The A&M brass tossed it around and said no. It’s not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last.

My thoughts on Stoops leaving were: whatever. Let’s see if we can continue what he’s built.

My thoughts after finding out he’s staying are: whatever. Let’s see if we can continue what he’s built.

My instinct tells me this little flirtation with other programs ain’t over. The CFB offseason will be loaded with coaching changes, program rebuilding, new conference scheduling/alignment. The carousel is just now ramping up.

There may be some other skanks at the bar and Stoops ain’t ready to go back home just yet. Just a theory. Probably wrong.

Once again: Stoops makes $9 million a year in a completely comfortable, easy, stable job with bright days ahead.

His agent (Jimmy Sexton, of course) probably threw out some ridiculous offer…..”my guy would love to move to College Station. For $15 million a year totally guaranteed over 8 years.” The A&M brass tossed it around and said no. It’s not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last.

It’s happened before alright. When Schiano got UT’s AD ran.

Stoops caught a break beating UL Saturday. Had this played out after a loss to little brother the fans wouldn’t be so desperate/forgiving. It would have been at least uncomfortable.

We can only hope A&M hires the equivalent of Jeremy Pruitt.

The most remarkable thing is Barnhart not giving Stoops extra money just because.
Knowing Mitch. He isn’t happy. He had his guy ready to take over. Stoops was going to be announced today. So this has been in the works.

It happened during all those L’s during the season. They prolly got horny for him around 5-1 or 5-2. Hell, after the UF game I wouldn’t blame A&M.

Point is, it’s terrible journalism and these A&M guys are total clowns. One idiot broke the news both that his source named Mark Stoops as the next coach, and then 12 hours later his same source confirmed Stoops would NOT be coach. Lol. Gives me PTSD flashbacks to the Greg Hoover/TCCAT days.

They don’t know s***, and that should really be a bigger story.

Have to laugh at A&M. You don’t fire a guy, pay him 90 million and have no Plan A. Stoops could not have been Plan A. Further, to end up with someone on staff as HC makes them the laughingstock of CFB.

Reactions: BristolCat
Wonder who is more disappointing this morning. Stoops or Sumerall who likely was ready to move back to Lexington. Have to think he was the guy.

After this regular season, I just don’t see how Stoops would be a hire celebrated by any fanbases at programs considered to be a significant “step up”.

It would be different if we just finished a 10 win regular season. It also would be different if he had dynamic offenses.

If he’s really ready to move on, it would have to be a parallel move to a conference he believes it’s easier to compete.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
As much crap as I've given the players for this season we *finally* saw some real toughness out of them yesterday.

Wallace and Rybka big fourth down stop.

B Brown all damn day.

Leary coming back after the pick.

Ray Davis is just a BMF.

Glad Stoops is staying for now. He's shown he isn't afraid to make changes to get ish right so hopefully this gives him some juice. Having an offensive coordinator for more than one season will help.

Seems like BBN will be out for blood on Tuesday. What a weekend.

Have to laugh at A&M. You don’t fire a guy, pay him 90 million and have no Plan A. Stoops could not have been Plan A. Further, to end up with someone on staff as HC makes them the laughingstock of CFB.
There was a post on the Aggie board where someone said a big list of names and complained that any of them would be better than Stoops. It was something like Day, Dabo, Kiffin, and a few others. The moderator responded with "I can confirm that they've been turned down by four of those names."

FOUR. Stoops was plan E at best.

There was a post on the Aggie board where someone said a big list of names and complained that any of them would be better than Stoops. It was something like Day, Dabo, Kiffin, and a few others. The moderator responded with "I can confirm that they've been turned down by four of those names."

FOUR. Stoops was plan E at best.

No chance, this was settled mid season we were told.

Hope we make it through the rest of the coaching carousel with OUR coach.

Reactions: jayroon
Take absolutely no umbrage with Stoop eyeing a move to aTm. Would’ve been a win/win for UK. Disenfranchised fan base gets some new energy and it shows UK is a program to launch a HC to a top program.

Beating UL took some heat off Stoops, but we played some remarkably bad football during that 1-5 stretch. I think it’s a legitimate concern to wonder if Stoops has peaked at UK. Does he have the same hunger he did 10yrs ago now that he’s riding a fat salary and moderate expectations? Sure as f*ck doesn’t feel like it.

But the optics of how this aTm deal went down are a lose/lose for UK. This is a pivotal offseason to lock up key players in a tough NIL/transfer environment. The negative recruiting writes itself. The bigger concern for me is how he regains the broken trust in the locker room. Players naturally don’t react well when a coach chases a prettier girl at the ball.

Maybe aTm beat writers jumped the gun and caused this fiasco. If so, I’m sympathetic to Stoops’ situation. But based on Stoops’ demeanor and his attitude with fans this year, I tend to believe he wanted to GTFO. I think it was pretty close to happening and the BoT/boosters scuttled the deal.

Either way, Stoops is in a bit of a predicament. A lot will be forgiven if we keep this roster tight and kill the transfer portal. But if things start looking rocky, the bottom is going to drop out fast.

Brohmbardi had the chutzpah to try to run on 4th down… I mean, doesn’t he watch tape? Any pass to a TE or RB against our LB’s is good for 10-15 yards.

Dumbass.
I really love Brohmbardi. May have been around for a year for all I know, first time I’ve noticed it or heard it, but it fits card nation perfectly.

I’m confident that pretty soon there will be a Brohmbardi’s Louisville banner hanging from a building.

Take absolutely no umbrage with Stoop eyeing a move to aTm. Would’ve been a win/win for UK. Disenfranchised fan base gets some new energy and it shows UK is a program to launch a HC to a top program.

Beating UL took some heat off Stoops, but we played some remarkably bad football during that 1-5 stretch. I think it’s a legitimate concern to wonder if Stoops has peaked at UK. Does he have the same hunger he did 10yrs ago now that he’s riding a fat salary and moderate expectations? Sure as f*ck doesn’t feel like it.

But the optics of how this aTm deal went down are a lose/lose for UK. This is a pivotal offseason to lock up key players in a tough NIL/transfer environment. The negative recruiting writes itself. The bigger concern for me is how he regains the broken trust in the locker room. Players naturally don’t react well when a coach chases a prettier girl at the ball.

Maybe aTm beat writers jumped the gun and caused this fiasco. If so, I’m sympathetic to Stoops’ situation. But based on Stoops’ demeanor and his attitude with fans this year, I tend to believe he wanted to GTFO. I think it was pretty close to happening and the BoT/boosters scuttled the deal.

Either way, Stoops is in a bit of a predicament. A lot will be forgiven if we keep this roster tight and kill the transfer portal. But if things start looking rocky, the bottom is going to drop out fast.

A poster on the Main Board, who has always seemed somewhat plugged in to the college football scene, basically said the same thing in regards to Stoops demeanor and drive the last 2 years. He opined that it was related directly to his divorce, that Chantel, who he called by name, was the one that sort of held things together, and you can see a dramatic difference in how he has been since.

UK and UL 🏈
All time UK 35-15
Since 94 (Governors Cup) UK 14 UL 15
Kentucky has won 5 straight our longest streak in the rivalry and tied for most in rivalry with UL years 11-15. Both teams have also won 4 straight one time apiece in the series.

A poster on the Main Board, who has always seemed somewhat plugged in to the college football scene, basically said the same thing in regards to Stoops demeanor and drive the last 2 years. He opined that it was related directly to his divorce, that Chantel, who he called by name, was the one that sort of held things together, and you can see a dramatic difference in how he has been since.
I think it is pretty bush league to comment on the guy's divorce and family, tbh.

I think after 11 years and knowing this may be his one opportunity to go to a school that “could” win a national championship, stoops decided to make a move.

It is clear however, that the fans revolt prob cost him a chance at that move.

I do think he is more than happy staying at UK. He HAS to know how good he has it here, albeit knowing he will never win a championship.

Would LOVE to have insight to Mitch’s day yday though.

Go ahead and plus that to 2000+. Bwhahahaha.

There's been nothing subtle about the flavor of the University of Kentucky football programs dominance of the University of Louisville since Lamar Jackson left town.

Cucking in Louisville extends past Norton Commons, apparently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT