ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to lunch on a vendor’s dime at Grandam inside the new Manchester Hotel. I had the steak salad and it was really good. The caramelized onions pair nicely with the bleu cheese crumbles and sauce. The old Ruby’s GM is Director of Food and Beverage so it was nice to see him. I had to rush out for a meeting so I didn’t get to see the whole place, but the lobby bar and restaurant are beautiful. Will be back soon for dinner and rooftop drinks for sure.

The best thing about the whole opioid epidemic was that it’s been found, studied, and verified hundreds of times in the last five years that taking 600 mg of ibuprofen (3 Advils) plus 500 mg of acetaminophen (2 Tylenols) together is SIGNIFICANTLY AND BY MULTIPLES a better pain killer and more effective at reducing pain than opioids. Like 5 times stronger at pain relief than an oxy. So not only was this massive epidemic started by these pharma companies, the whole point (pain relief) wasn’t even true! The whole thing was just completely f*cking made up. People could’ve just been taking advil and Tylenol and had better pain relief the whole time.
Big thanks for this. I ended up tweaking my back, so I tried this Tylenol/ibuprofen cocktail and it worked like a charm.

Big thanks for this. I ended up tweaking my back, so I tried this Tylenol/ibuprofen cocktail and it worked like a charm.

RIP to your kidneys and/or liver.

(On that note, Ron's dosing is all effed up. One Tylenol is 325mg. One extra strength Tylenol is 500mg. So 500mg of acetaminophen is ONE extra strength Tylenol, not two. And three Ibuprofen tablets (totaling 600mg) is above the recommended amount of 400mg in any 6 hour window. What he probably saw: https://health.ri.gov/publications/instructions/ManagingPainAfterDentalSurgery.pdf )

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus

(On that note, Ron's dosing is all effed up. One Tylenol is 325mg. One extra strength Tylenol is 500mg. So 500mg of acetaminophen is ONE extra strength Tylenol, not two. And three Ibuprofen tablets (totaling 600mg) is above the recommended amount of 400mg in any 6 hour window. What he probably saw: https://health.ri.gov/publications/instructions/ManagingPainAfterDentalSurgery.pdf )

It's probably better for your liver and kidneys than sucking d*ck for cash and then using said cash to injest some shady Chinese-Mexican fentanyl into your body.

You can use as little as 200mg ibuprofen and as much as 1000 mg acetaminophen but the main point is all those combinations are MULTIPLE more times effective at pain relief than 2 Percocet or other addictive opioids. Already we’ve had two people effectively use it in this thread. As long as we’re spreading the good word my friend it’s a bonus! As always, if you need severe pain killers for more than 5 days consult your physician, as taking these LONG TERM could potentially harm your kidneys or liver as Beave has so helpfully pointed out.

Next thing you know his son, Jonathan Carroll, the teacher and coach at Shelby County High, was going after him.

Photos were taken by Sentinel-News sports editor Derek Brightwell of the incident.

“Your own son charged you?” I asked.

“Yes he did,” Carroll said. “Very disheartening. Very heartbreaking. I don’t know what happened to him. I’ve never seen that part of him in my lifetime. He charges me. Umpire tries to get in his way. He shoves the home plate umpire two, three times, and the next thing I know, two deputy sheriffs go through the gate to try to corral him.”

DLQzJ_zUQAEPjA2.jpg

We’ve ruined kids sports.
“We” haven’t done shit. The bottom 10%-20% has and ruins most things.

The Little League fields were just down from the house back in the day. I would go over to just people watch. Some of the parents don’t deserve kids.

The day my son is trying to kick my ass at home plate is the day I look in the mirror and make some changes.

“We” haven’t done shit. The bottom 10%-20% has and ruins most things.

The Little League fields were just down from the house back in the day. I would go over to just people watch. Some of the parents don’t deserve kids.

The day my son is trying to kick my ass at home plate is the day I look in the mirror and make some changes.
… after you kick his ass for dad’s honor you mean

• Haha
Reactions: krazykats
You can use as little as 200mg ibuprofen and as much as 1000 mg acetaminophen but the main point is all those combinations are MULTIPLE more times effective at pain relief than 2 Percocet or other addictive opioids. Already we’ve had two people effectively use it in this thread. As long as we’re spreading the good word my friend it’s a bonus! As always, if you need severe pain killers for more than 5 days consult your physician, as taking these LONG TERM could potentially harm your kidneys or liver as Beave has so helpfully pointed out.
Yeah. I wasn’t too concerned about my one time prescription strength dosage of Ibuorofen and a Tylenol.

I run or through Veterans Park nearly every night through the week and always turn down my headphones when I go through the baseball fields. It's strange to hear parents heckling 9-10 year old's saying they're scared or rattled or can't handle the pressure.

Parents shit-talking other kids at baseball games is nothing new. Hell, they did that when I played. I distinctly remember arguing with a parent from another team one time while I was standing on second base. It was genuinely stupid, but I was 11. Not sure what his excuse was.

Reactions: jayroon
It’s amazing how shitty parents are.

Our local grammar school has to send a comprehensive letter to parents twice a day about what the school is doing about the air quality issue caused by Canadian forest fires… I get it, you have to be proactive - but this problem is ubiquitous. If you send the brats home, you are breathing the same air. Nothing can be done. Parents bitch and complain about EVERYTHING. So I’m here to bitch about it.

Not playing Shinnecock next week. Beat.

My nephews wedding was held at a Golf club so exclusive, I live 15 minutes away from it and never knew it existed. What an enclave. Elite. Cocktail hour with 8’ paella bar, seafood towers, Japanese dudes cutting sushi… top shelf burb and cigars. Dinner was ridiculous.

Down 45.

Friday 5:

Easter Bunny: St Paul & The Broken Bones
Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love to Town : Cake
Lovin You, Baby: Charles Bradley
Back to Life : Soul II Soul
Old Friends : Pinegrove

I know it's always happened it's just more strange now that I'm an adult with kids of my own.

My nephews wedding was held at a Golf club so exclusive, I live 15 minutes away from it and never knew it existed.
Northeast has a few of these. AIG owns/owned a course on NY/CT border called Morefar. Only used by execs and sales people, which meant it got little traffic on a weekly basis. Old man played it years ago. If I recall correctly, there was a "shack" that contained food/beverages self-serve. Those were the amenities.

Course officials do not cooperate with the press seeking information about the facility.

I still think baseball has a long way to catch-up to those AAU basketball videos. Do better.

Baggy wind shirt tee and wrap around glasses are also preferred wear of softball guy. Awful.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
I saw him having dinner with then-recruit Tobias Harris at the pizza place that replaced Bravo Pitino’s so yeah that tracks.

Platonic is solid. Seth Rogen isn't in the top tier, but rarely misses for me. Dependable comedic actor. Plus Rose Byrne 🔥.

RE: I Think You Should Leave... I laugh out loud for two episodes and then it wears off. Have to wait a day to watch two more. Nothing makes me laugh more, even if it has to be in small doses.

Elly strikes out every time I watch a live at bat.

Basketball is ruined for me. I still watch every game but can't imagine giving a single shit about recruiting/roster building any more. I've bought into too many rosters that were misused and sucked taint.

The College World Series rules.

Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT