ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now we are in a predicament of having these FR and nothing else, so Cal really has a clean break from us where he can literally leave nothing behind after this year.

I’m ok with this as long as it’s moved on quickly to get a chance of Perry/Sheperd backcourt.

There are simply too many transfers every year to care whether the great recruiter is here anymore. Other coaches land transfer too.

Chris Beard back to #1 yet?

We've reached the blurry recruit photo portion of the downfall. Cal going to offer a middle schooler before the Summer is over?

Reactions: WayneDougan
You made your bed John Calipari, now lie in it...

Let's get this out of the way first. Pat Forde is a miserable excuse for a human-being.

With that said, it's pretty sobering reading this article 9 years later. It maybe was a little ahead of its time, but it wasn't wrong...

Q: What happened to this plan: "What we're going to have is unbelievable competition. We may have three teams, so 15 guys that can play. Let's go." That was the antidote for a "hijacking" – the bench. Guys who were not playing well were going to sit.

Projecting 9 scholarship players with 5 freshman (albeit talented) is a f*cking joke. Maybe we pick up a few stray transfers so we can actually scrimmage 5 vs 5.

Q: Kentucky fans used to derisively call Tubby Smith "Ten-Loss Tubby." You are two defeats away from a second straight season with double-digit losses. If the moniker "Ten-Loss Cal" starts being thrown around, how will you take it?

3 seasons in the past 6 with 10+ losses for the Grand Poobah. 9-16, followed by opening weekend losses to St. Peter's and K State. GTFO.

Q: But if it's not the players' fault, and they weren't all massively overrated coming out of high school, who hasn't done the job of coalescing them into a team?

Here's a list of outbound transfers in the last 5 years:
  1. CJ Fredrick - Cincinnati
  2. Sahvir Wheeler - Washington
  3. Damion Collins - LSU
  4. Lance Ware - Villanova
  5. Dontaie Allen - WKU
  6. Keion Brooks Jr. - Washington
  7. Bryce Hopkins - Providence
  8. Devin Askew - Texas / Cal
  9. Cam'Ron Fletcher - FSU
  10. Johnny Juzang - UCLA
  11. Quade Green - Washington
  12. Jemarl Baker - Arizona
Not to mention Ashton Hagans, Olivier Sarr, and EJ Montgomery going undrafted.

Certainly not suggesting that losing some of these players wasn't addition by subtraction, but that's 15 players gone in 5 years that destroyed any semblance of roster continuity and/or depth.

Q: In October you proclaimed, "We are college basketball." Does that mean this entire college basketball season has been a disappointment? Because it doesn't feel that way, but we want to be sure.

This program went from eating first to not even having a seat at the table. While lashing out at everybody else, Cal can't even begin to fathom that he's the f*cking problem.

He's just so ass backwards. You can't go find role players in the portal. You have to build, develop, and retain those guys.

Oscar and Reeves were perfect role players for a “traditional” Cal team featuring 3-4 first round phenoms.

The mfer sucks and can’t recruit. All these guys leaving should have never been prominent pieces to a Cal team. Idk how or why he fell off so fast, but he did, and people are reluctant to admit that. HES GOT A TOP WHATEVER RECRUITING CLASS!!!

Y’all say this next class is a vintage “get shit right” Cal class, and if that is true, we’ll add some portal pieces and run to a an embarrassing E8 loss with a roster full of stupid talent. Again.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The best thing about the whole opioid epidemic was that it’s been found, studied, and verified hundreds of times in the last five years that taking 600 mg of ibuprofen (3 Advils) plus 500 mg of acetaminophen (2 Tylenols) together is SIGNIFICANTLY AND BY MULTIPLES a better pain killer and more effective at reducing pain than opioids. Like 5 times stronger at pain relief than an oxy. So not only was this massive epidemic started by these pharma companies, the whole point (pain relief) wasn’t even true! The whole thing was just completely f*cking made up. People could’ve just been taking advil and Tylenol and had better pain relief the whole time.
That’s actually cool to know. I can’t recall the last time I had to use an opioid. Just good fortune and not because of some particular badassery on my part. But good to know.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
WHATS YO FAVRIT COLOR BABY!
31120D2600000578-0-image-a-5_1455152039699.jpg

Gonna be funny AF when Oscar makes his huge announcement with a big ass grin on his face and thanks Jesus and all that BS and then the crowd boos his ass.

Reactions: rudd1
Hold on.....has krazy lost hope?

Chad falling was a surprise but now if krazy has lost hope then its inevitable.

I’ve lost hope in Cal. I believe in this last FR class, and honestly feel like even short handed it’s best for the head dumbass to not trip over himself with goofy lineups.

I hate that Collins left but I get it. I want Reeves and Livingston but to be honest I do not want Oscar anywhere around this group.

I’m ok with this as long as it’s moved on quickly to get a chance of Perry/Sheperd backcourt.

Not sure if you are serious or not but you keep pumping up the Perry kid. I’ve seen him play, he is a nice ball player, but I just don’t see it. He is more J.P. Blevins than Anthony Epps. Both small school KY guards, not highly rated, not the best player on the floor. However one was the straw and one was the cup. Perry and Sheppard are both cups.

• Cal is not a serious person.
  • Props to Al Pacino- about to be a dad again at aged 83, with a 29 year old gal. Good luck to him on those tough overnight feedings for the first few months- it can be exhausting!
  • Do the Heat get this far with a healthy Herro and his history of poor outside shooting in late season situations (h/t to WCC for that stat)
  • The national media making it sound like Lexington is the epicenter of the entertainment universe bc of the hotel situation. "HOW CAN SO MUCH BE GOING ON IN ONE PLACE???!!!" Its bizarre. There are also hotels in between Lexington and Louisville as well that were an option. Booker could have hosted an entire team on his plantation too.
  • I had a few Anheuser Busch products over the long weekend and they were still fine. My distributor pal basically said most of whats been lost from his BL sells has been leveled off with increases in Michelob, Stella, and Estrella Jalisco
  • Milktoast

• I had a few Anheuser Busch products over the long weekend and they were still fine. My distributor pal basically said most of whats been lost from his BL sells has been leveled off with increases in Michelob, Stella, and Estrella Jalisco
Yeah, not a surprise. Bud Light guy was never going craft beer route. He'd rather stomp on handlebar mustache guy than drink his swill.

Not sure if you are serious or not but you keep pumping up the Perry kid. I’ve seen him play, he is a nice ball player, but I just don’t see it. He is more J.P. Blevins than Anthony Epps. Both small school KY guards, not highly rated, not the best player on the floor. However one was the straw and one was the cup. Perry and Sheppard are both cups.

Well I’m dead serious. I want some solid kids that want to be at UK and can help rebuild what we were when I was younger. Some kids with pride into the school and not just themselves.

Both of those kids can play, and with the right coach they’d be perfect JR/SR combo.

I’m aware enough to realize the landscape of basketball is going back to needing older players with solid talent to lead a winner.

I had a few Anheuser Busch products over the long weekend and they were still fine. My distributor pal basically said most of whats been lost from his BL sells has been leveled off with increases in Michelob, Stella, and Estrella Jalisco

I love the Bud Light news story from a business strategy perspective:
  • Bud Light execs were saying it's a dying brand and they needed to course correct, but basically the segment overall (mid-tier light beer) was facing headwinds (move to craft, spirits and seltzers).
  • But if you have a portfolio of products (i.e., other beers and seltzers), should you be overly concerned if one brand goes down provided that the people were leaving it for your other brands (e.g., switching from BL to Estrella Jalico or White Claw)?
  • BL's strategy seemed to be trying to pull in people who don't normally drink mid-tier light beer (women, transgender people, GDIs) - but that seems like a tough move.
  • Wouldn't the easier move be just trying to take share away from Miller Lite and Coors, which to me would mean going hard at the core constituents of light beer drinkers (red staters, frat guys)?
  • I wonder if they even care at this point - especially - as you mention above, people seem to have moved on to other brands that they own?
  • As an aside, I'm still shocked Michelob dodget a bullet here. I get people not knowing Stella is a AB product, but Michelob was always the "premium" AB beer.

Modelo and Pacifico have been my go to's lately when grabbing some suds.

Havent touched scotch in over a year now. Put the G&T back on top of the rotation.

Stella sells WAY more beer than I realize, I guess. Not sure I’ve ever even thought about ordering one ever in my entire life. Weird.

Yeah, the Bud Light decision was made with only two things in mind - DEI and their ESG score.

They can't let their biggest brand fail but fail it will. Will create a good buying opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT