ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m aware enough to realize the landscape of basketball is going back to needing older players with solid talent to lead a winner.
I get that and usually I would agree with that idea. However, what are the odds that they both would be here 4 years? Sheppard maybe. Plus it’s clearly obvious that Cal hates KY kids and doesn’t really like to play them less they become a real fan favorite.

I guess it would be cool to have another “Unforgettable” run with a couple of white KY kids that can supposedly shoot, though.

Read the Modelo stuff back during the initial BL free fall, and had no idea it was far & away the #1 Mexican beer. Probably would have been my 3rd guess.

-Where tf do writers come up with a name like Wambsgans? Low key cracked me up all series with every mention.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSC81
I get that and usually I would agree with that idea. However, what are the odds that they both would be here 4 years? Sheppard maybe. Plus it’s clearly obvious that Cal hates KY kids and doesn’t really like to play them less they become a real fan favorite.

I guess it would be cool to have another “Unforgettable” run with a couple of white KY kids that can supposedly shoot, though.

I know the beer convo is thick, but that was the point of the original post.

No one from last year is left, no one else is coming in with any real meaning.

I truly am starting to believe the hype that this will be Cal’s last season for the first time. All the FR will be gone and the roster will be literally empty after the season.

Chris Beard, plus Perry/Sheperd and some transfer guys. That I can get behind!

Reactions: wcc31 and B.B.d.K.
Remember going to Pazzo's once and a server told us that Stella Artois has a school where they teach bartenders the proper way to pour it and they receive a certification for it once they have successfully completed this. Interesting I thought as I ordered my Miller Lite.
The dumbest thing ever, like a proper Guinness pour…you want a beer or do you want the hoopla toots?

<——- ready for life without Oscar. Wasn’t the recipe for modern team success with our current coach. He needs certain type (defensive, lob catchers) bigs. He made the correct call if he wants to develop & actually make it.

Reeves will probably be my most furious bounce to date, however. Much more telling as to the state of this program.

Livingston is too laughable to even comment on, and at least paves the way for Thiero. Still maddening, as he’s a perfect utility 2-4 year college guy.

Too bad our dipshit coach let these bums/handlers play him, yet again.

Last edited:
Also, Louisville has legit 25 breweries these days, and new ones popping up seemingly every few months. Pretty cool I suppose.

Not typically my scene, but seems many of the newer entires at least have a TV or two, dope patios/games, music, maybe a full bar, and a small kitchen or dedicated food truck. Seems like a no brainer to expand your customer base to have at least 1 of the Above.

I’ve just got nothing for a bland/awkward barebones taproom with literally nothing else going on, purposefully.

That’s Hipster Heaven, I suppose.

Anyone know someone with FU money that can go ahead and buyout Cal so we can spare the program the inevitable and move on to someone who can competently lead the best college basketball program of all time back to its rightful place?

Local breweries with TVs, board games, etc have been my go to lately when riding solo with the kids. Loud enough where we don't bother anyone, and the kids stay entertained with the games.

Have one or two and get juuuust enough time taken up until mom gets home.

Typically, some decent scenery as well.

Local breweries have been my jam for years, and I’m not even a beer snob. They’re mostly just really comfortable places to hang out, have a chill vibe, do a lot to connect with the neighborhood (run groups, yoga, bike night, etc), have some sort of food truck option, cool merch, and I’ve gotten to know the owners of most of them around my town. Very happy to support a real local business.

Honestly, F all 3 of these holdouts. Every single one of them desperately wanted to be anywhere else BUT in Lexington next season, and they dragged this drama out until the very end (ir)regardless. Totally F’d us in the portal.

Happy to see Oscar go, Livingston can eat a huge bag of dicks, and I’m trying my best not to hate Reeves right now.

Honestly, F all 3 of these holdouts. Every single one of them desperately wanted to be anywhere else BUT in Lexington next season, and they dragged this drama out until the very end (ir)regardless. Totally F’d us in the portal.

Happy to see Oscar go, Livingston can eat a huge bag of dicks, and I’m trying my best not to hate Reeves right now.
Don’t disagree but we pay someone $10mm to put a roster together and for some reason he decided to put all his eggs in these 3 baskets when it was highly speculated none would come back.

F cal

Also, Louisville has legit 25 breweries these days, and new ones popping up seemingly every few months. Pretty cool I suppose.

Not typically my scene, but seems many of the newer entires at least have a TV or two, dope patios/games, music, maybe a full bar, and a small kitchen or dedicated food truck. Seems like a no brainer to expand your customer base to have at least 1 of the Above.

I’ve just got nothing for a bland/awkward barebones taproom with literally nothing else going on, purposefully.

That’s Hipster Heaven, I suppose.
If you’re not a brewery with food/food truck, you’re gonna have a bad time.

If you’re a food truck that doesn’t get in a rotation at a brewery, you’re gonna have a bad time.

I use the Blackstone almost exclusively at this point but when I do break out the old trusty Weber Kettle I realize how much I still love it. I’d put my pork chops up against Patti’s any day of the week.

What I’m really trying to say, though, is that Cal can eat all of the dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT