ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more than a little irritated with my representation if I were Levis.

The tenor he carried into those interviews seems to be a calculated decision, at least on the surface. Considering that everyone around the program claims that he is far from arrogant, it seemed contrived and I can't imagine he just decided to do that on his own.

Tbh, I didn’t like his “schtick” last year. The “bro” thing just isn’t cool. Plus, when he would lose his shit on teammates, rubbed me the wrong way. Lord knows how many reads and mistakes Will made. Chill out.

The draft is always fascinating. Colts take a total project/wish/hope at #4, and one the leagues best defenses adds Jalen Carter at #9.

From your perspective, is that how Levis just is or did he take a strategy going into the interviews and it didn't work out for him? For example, did he try to act arrogant when he should have been humble?
I think he is a little arrogant and maybe turned it up a notch to show “leadership.” Either way it didn’t work

Reactions: WayneDougan
He had a swiss cheese O-line and arguably the worst OC Stoops has had trying to play mad scientist all year. I'm sure that contributed to his disappointment throughout the year.

I want to see the number of interceptions he had that were tipped, it felt like 1/3 of them were. Dude was extremely unlucky.

A QB flipped out on his teammates, damn! Must of been a first, and is certainly a character flaw.

All that matter today, we will learn something about him now. If he is the entitled arrogant overbearing jackass this will send him on a negative path. But, if he comes out of this head high and works his way to be a starter and contributes(doesn’t have to be Brady, Manning, Mahomes) and helps a team win then he is who I think he is.

I can’t wait to see it for him honestly, big fan, and please let Vegas be right this time as the Titans are now the odds in favorite to draft him.

-again with the o-line thing, it was subpar by UK standards...which are pretty high at this point...but it wasn't the primary problem.

-if you wanna deflect/explain away #7's issues...I get it...blame the oc...but for God's sake falling back to the trope that everything is the line's fault is simplistic.

And they weren't just awful because they were inferior to the guys ahead of them, we ran a legitimately confusing blocking scheme that I'm pretty confident Yenser either didn't know how to coach or simply let Rich handle. Either way, when you're missing assignments vs. Miami OH and giving up the pressure we gave up, there's an issue.

I didn't say they were the only problem, but they certainly made him look like a different QB back there.

I told you all when I trained him for the No Bull shoot he couldn’t raise arms above his head. That was the week before the UT game.

He’s been hurt all year. Stoops was doing a Cal deal and protecting his QB and draft status.

Reactions: HHKAT
-got it, don't necessarily disagree...100% agree on the scheme.

^I'm thinking about the in game threads/dumbasses around me at home games that would bitch about the line when Will would roll *into* an edge rusher instead of stepping into a solidly formed pocket*...or hang on to the ball for more than 4 seconds** waiting for someone to get open (again scheme is a large part of the blame, biggest imo).

*happened a lot.
**that's what you're gonna get in the SEC.

You might think this is an Onion article but nope, it is real:

Over the last few weeks, Levis had been experiencing what automatically comes with his whiteness — privilege. Slowly, but surely, his name was skyrocketing up mock drafts, as he became an intriguing prospect that teams were starting to take more seriously. There were internet rumors that he could go as high as No. 1 overall. And ESPN’s analytics had him destined to be a Top 10 pick.

It didn’t happen. We don’t know when Levis will be drafted. It could be on Day Two or even Day Three. Your guess is as good as mine, as we’ve never quite seen anything like this, with the “coveted” white quarterback having to wait in purgatory while his Black counterparts celebrated at their draft parties.

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
Dan Orlovsky made the same point today how it’s cool the Hurts/Mahomes were the Super Bowl QBs, the top 3 QBs drafted were black and asked Stephen A to correct him if he got out of line for the statement.

Stephen A furthered it by saying it used to be all white boys and the black QB was in Levis shoes so for the script to flip is gratifying.

I mean, whatever! Until about 5 years ago 90% of the QBs were actually white so kudos!

I knew what I saw in the first 2021 Iowa bowl game with WanDale. Levis was a first rounder. His performance was sublime against a real defense (as evidenced in this years draft).

Scang, OLine, no CRod back until Will was already skiddish with injury and skinny WRs that got no separation were as green as chlorophyll. I truly feel bad for Levis. He’s a legend by my standards post-Terry.

There were plays Will got destroyed because Smoke or LaVell missing blocks… not their fault as Scangs scheme was inept. You can’t rely on tiny dudes one on one against SEC edges.

Can’t wait til Will plays in the league. Kinda bullish like UK Basketball players shine on the next level. Last year was a shit show.

Dan Orlovsky made the same point today how it’s cool the Hurts/Mahomes were the Super Bowl QBs, the top 3 QBs drafted were black and asked Stephen A to correct him if he got out of line for the statement.

Stephen A furthered it by saying it used to be all white boys and the black QB was in Levis shoes so for the script to flip is gratifying.

I mean, whatever! Until about 5 years ago 90% of the QBs were actually white so kudos!
Definitely happy for all the blacks finally getting a shot in the NFL. What a world.

How bout this. I like seeing who’s the best at their position and I don’t give a eff what color they are. If you’re a DB on the Pack you can light someone up if you can, please and thank you.

There were two RBs take in the first 20 picks. One of those teams, the Lions, have a stable of RB's already that are good/great players. There were 3 teams starting either journeymen or apparent busts next year (Washington, Tampa Bay, Tennessee) that in any other draft take the number 11 rated player and top 3/4 QB but, for some reason, didn't. Even my beloved Las Vegas Raiders taking a flyer on him would have made sense because Jimmy G is made of glass and the rest of our QB room looks like the Patriot retirement center.

Something was totally off about last night's draft. If you're convinced that Will Levis isn't a first round pick but Anthony Richardson is, then I guess we'll just have to wait 5 years to find out. As others have already noted, who was the last great "athletic" OSU QB that transitioned to the NFL successfully? Haskins? Smith? Fields? They're system QB's playing with NFL WR's in a shitty conference. No wonder they can't play at the next level.

Furthermore, Levis has one of the fastest releases, plays in an NFL system already and is one of the only guys to regularly take snaps under center. No major issues with intelligence came out and his measurables were markedly better than the 1/2 pick. The only thing I can think of is that they didn't like that he was about to turn 24.

You're basically assuming that Anthony Richardson is going to become Josh Allen in 3 years because that's the only comp at this point. As many scouts said, however, there's 1,000 guys that look like Josh Allen but only one that ended up being Josh Allen.

Mitch Trubisky was taken 10th and can't throw the ball to the left side of the field. That was just 4 years ago. Either Will's injury is worse than he let on or something happened in those interviews that turned people off.

QBs are more or less a crapshoot. Always have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT