ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maaaaan , touch these dudes picking QBs. Ill bet all the money in the world AR sucks in the NFL. Like literally, terrible. He couldn’t keep up with us much less the NFL. Oh but he jumps high and far! Something QBs do all the time.
His stats are HORRIBLE...
  • 6-7 as a college starter
  • 54% completion percentage

Reactions: Blueblood1975
It’s pretty obvious who his info comes from and it looks like they were played pretty good.

Matt wasn’t the only KY writer/personality saying that though. Rowland tweeted something about KY now being a top destination for QB’s based of Levis going top 5, development, etc. Plenty of egg to go around.

Once again, UK football looking like Rodney Dangerfield.
It wasn’t just me and or my sources. Kiper thought he would go 4th and I saw no major mock draft that had him lower than 11th

It is what it is. Sucks for him though. Had to be tough to go through

I’ll eat crow on Levis actually not being picked in the first, but the toe injury stuff wasn’t exactly public info until half way into the first round.

That said, my thought was he is good enough to be a first rounder and based on the 3 QBs taken could outplay them. I still believe that and where he is picked doesn’t mean that wrong.

I don’t care that a 5’10 190 pound QB went #1 he will be injured often in his career, and I think it does matter that Stroud only got an 18 on the wonderlic which is worse that Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young, and then there is Anthony Richardson who I won’t waste my time on other than as a Titans fan I couldn’t be happier he is in Indy and Levis is not!

#350 dude running a 4.7 hitting Young… you can have that dummies.

I was in a super secret text thread and told them, if he doesn’t go 4 he’s going to be Brady Quinn/Rodgers, ugh.

It’s just funny that a lot of people are laughing at Will because he slid like he isn’t going to be picked in the 2nd round and is doomed to never be good.

I don’t know him personally, but I know enough that he will use this as motivation and will be better because of it.

I for one hope like hell Tennessee moves up to get him.

It wasn’t just me and or my sources. Kiper thought he would go 4th and I saw no major mock draft that had him lower than 11th

It is what it is. Sucks for him though. Had to be tough to go through
Hence my 2nd paragraph. For whatever reason a lot of people seem to have been fed bad info about Will.

I could understand the smoke screen the first 4 teams were putting out there as part of the game. However after Indy passed at 4, and then the Titans , it was kind of obvious what was going down. Why those teams seemed so outwardly interested and then chose to go a different route has to say something. It feels like the kid, and the coaches, got played.

Tennessee fans and Louisville fans couldn't be happier that Levis slid out of the first round. Those 2 fan bases deserve each other. Losers, World Class.

I hope the Titans nab him because many of their fans are also Vols4lyfe and that would just be tasty. It would be enough for me to start pulling for that MID franchise. Seriously, they are so boring.

Early indications point to me going all-in on Angel of Empire for the Derby. I'll break it down a little more next week after the post draw, but I like what I see from him a lot. MattsCatts, Legalbeagle, seekingthegold, ctharris, and others are probably your more trusted sources for Derby, but I'll research every angle I can.

I got my ass kicked at Keeneland this meet. It's a beautiful place, but a handicapper's nightmare.

I’ll eat crow on Levis actually not being picked in the first, but the toe injury stuff wasn’t exactly public info until half way into the first round.

That said, my thought was he is good enough to be a first rounder and based on the 3 QBs taken could outplay them. I still believe that and where he is picked doesn’t mean that wrong.

I don’t care that a 5’10 190 pound QB went #1 he will be injured often in his career, and I think it does matter that Stroud only got an 18 on the wonderlic which is worse that Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young, and then there is Anthony Richardson who I won’t waste my time on other than as a Titans fan I couldn’t be happier he is in Indy and Levis is not!

Just stop and eat your crow. You were wrong, and are still wrong. Levis is a great young man and everyone wishes him the best in his career, but he was obviously misled and read his own press clippings way too often. You had him as Josh Allen from day one and you swung and missed continuously. Your incessant hyperbole is nauseating.

You can scroll down to the Levis review and learn what many saw...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/25/2...coaches#gid=ci02bd9f76b0002406&pid=will-levis

Anthony Richardson is a turd. Coaches are so haughty, they think they can hone and shape a turd into a diamond. HDW15 was 3-14 in the first half against us, before he threw 2 picks. He’s Felipe Franks/Jarrett Guarantano at best.

CJ Stroud will be a typical OSU QB who is an eventual head case and flame out.

Will will make ‘em pay. All of them. Rams may be the best landing spot.

I never thought Levis was a great QB, because he can’t make quick decisions and he struggles with accuracy — which are the two most important traits for an NFL QB. But my god, NFL GMs have been ignoring that for decades when they see a guy who’s tall, big, strong, and has a big arm.

I’m still shocked.

-someone gave the kid bad info, or he wouldn't have made the trip. Hopefully the identity of that "someone" comes to light.

-ive said it from day one: he has issues reading defenses/making quick decisions, that coupled with the worthless OC last year was damning ...others wrongly put all the blame on the o-line, but i digress.

^NFL coaching/hours of work can fix this. He'll go in the second round and do well, I think.

-Richardson is likely a bust, and I'm not sold on Stroud (system qb/college offense). If the kid from alabama stays for the most part upright...he'll do well. Gonna be hard for someone his size, but he's definitely got "it" between the ears.

-honestly, idgaf about the nfl...was hoping for a higher draft spot for recruiting clout.

-re: ut and uavel fans: **** em. Louisville is not close to being in UK's league...and vols are *literally* the worst people in the world.

Just stop and eat your crow. You were wrong, and are still wrong. Levis is a great young man and everyone wishes him the best in his career, but he was obviously misled and read his own press clippings way too often. You had him as Josh Allen from day one and you swung and missed continuously. Your incessant hyperbole is nauseating.

You can scroll down to the Levis review and learn what many saw...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/25/2...coaches#gid=ci02bd9f76b0002406&pid=will-levis

Grow a set and accept a bet when offered to you if you want to rub my nose in shit.

Otherwise you didn’t have the balls to put your money where you mouth was which tells me you didn’t believe the crap you were spewing.

Good job though, you got something right.

Levis has warts but doesn't struggle with accuracy.

He's a robot that looks amazing when things go according to script (i.e. practice, workouts, vs G5 opponents, etc.), but struggles to make reads and improvise. These flaws were exacerbated when he lost the ability to run, either due to turf toe or Rainman Scangarello. Running a complicated NFL offense with a community college OL and freshmen WRs didn't help. It meant there was a lot of improvising to do.

He also has a tendency to have absolutely horrible, Anthony Richardson-esque games. See MSU 2021 and UT 2022. Over 25% of his picks were in those two games alone.

He's also cocky and yesterday may be good for him. Was tough to watch, though.

Anthony Richardson sucked at Florida but is young and looks like Cam Newton and DK Metcalf had a kid. Worth a shot. Still can't believe Indy took him at 4, though.

Reactions: wcc31
Levis and his people definitely got played, but that was just a weird first round, period. A bunch of weird trades early, and then no WRs taken until 20? Is it 1995?

Richardson seems like a great kid, and I hope I'm wrong about him...but a subpar Kentucky defense ate his lunch. His athleticism is absolutely incredible, but athleticism does not equal phenomenal QB. I can think of a stroller-pushing Italian who fell in love with "athlete" over "player" and that hasn't worked out so well.

In some ways Levis being drafted to be the second guy to learn from another established QB seems like the best landing for him. Gives him time to learn a system, probably time to get fully healthy (because I can see the injury thing being a legitimate issue), and he won't have the pressure of immediate performance at a garbage organization with a mediocre OL. But man, I feel absolutely awful for him sitting there all night realizing he wasn't getting taken on day 1.

In some ways Levis being drafted to be the second guy to learn from another established QB seems like the best landing for him. Gives him time to learn a system, probably time to get fully healthy (because I can see the injury thing being a legitimate issue), and he won't have the pressure of immediate performance at a garbage organization with a mediocre OL. But man, I feel absolutely awful for him sitting there all night realizing he wasn't getting taken on day 1.
Sort of what Ryan Leaf said this morning. Said he thought Will won the 1st round because now he avoids the crazy expectations a 1st Round/High Pick QB gets. Mentioned how being labeled a bust has followed him for a long time and Will avoids that now. Sure, sucks for him right now but if he puts in the work and goes to the right team/coaching staff its a blessing in disguise. Take the money loss now but get that huge 2nd contract.

There were two RBs take in the first 20 picks. One of those teams, the Lions, have a stable of RB's already that are good/great players. There were 3 teams starting either journeymen or apparent busts next year (Washington, Tampa Bay, Tennessee) that in any other draft take the number 11 rated player and top 3/4 QB but, for some reason, didn't. Even my beloved Las Vegas Raiders taking a flyer on him would have made sense because Jimmy G is made of glass and the rest of our QB room looks like the Patriot retirement center.

Something was totally off about last night's draft. If you're convinced that Will Levis isn't a first round pick but Anthony Richardson is, then I guess we'll just have to wait 5 years to find out. As others have already noted, who was the last great "athletic" OSU QB that transitioned to the NFL successfully? Haskins? Smith? Fields? They're system QB's playing with NFL WR's in a shitty conference. No wonder they can't play at the next level.

Furthermore, Levis has one of the fastest releases, plays in an NFL system already and is one of the only guys to regularly take snaps under center. No major issues with intelligence came out and his measurables were markedly better than the 1/2 pick. The only thing I can think of is that they didn't like that he was about to turn 24.

You're basically assuming that Anthony Richardson is going to become Josh Allen in 3 years because that's the only comp at this point. As many scouts said, however, there's 1,000 guys that look like Josh Allen but only one that ended up being Josh Allen.

Mitch Trubisky was taken 10th and can't throw the ball to the left side of the field. That was just 4 years ago. Either Will's injury is worse than he let on or something happened in those interviews that turned people off.

In Matts defense, he gets bad info all the time, so this isn’t really unexpected.
You keep thinking Sahvir is playing and Oscar is coming back

It has taken me awhile but I have a pretty decent radar now for when we are being fed nonsense. But the Will thing is crazy. No way that kid goes there if he thought this was gonna happen. I can tell you for a fact that he thought it was 4 to the Colts.

It will be interesting to see what Happens today. The handful of people I know in NFL all reached out today with same message…not the toe, it was the interviews/personality stuff

You keep thinking Sahvir is playing and Oscar is coming back

It has taken me awhile but I have a pretty decent radar now for when we are being fed nonsense. But the Will thing is crazy. No way that kid goes there if he thought this was gonna happen. I can tell you for a fact that he thought it was 4 to the Colts.

It will be interesting to see what Happens today. The handful of people I know in NFL all reached out today with same message…not the toe, it was the interviews/personality stuff
100% thought and WAS TOLD it was the Colts at 4. That’s a fact.

Feel so bad for him. Not because he was shown 37 times on camera back there(29 times more than anybody else). That stuff builds character/fire needed to prove others wrong. But imagine thinking you are about to secure the top 5 bag and don’t even go in Round 1? Can’t even comprehend it.

So NFL people let AR 15 tell the world he is going to be a HOF’r but Will was arrogant?

Will isn’t arrogant is the thing. It’s not true. He may be an awful Qb in the NFL. I have no idea but he isn’t arrogant in all of our dealings. He was more than humble and kind behind closed doors. To people he didn’t have to be.

Last edited:
Early 2nd the Rams have a reason to take Will and after that it’s the Titans.

If it was as the above posters say, please bring that kid to Tennessee with all that orneriness to never let Indy forget last night.

Reactions: jayroon

From your perspective, is that how Levis just is or did he take a strategy going into the interviews and it didn't work out for him? For example, did he try to act arrogant when he should have been humble?

New portal option just developed....Jordan Dingle, 23.4 ppg at Penn and the Ivy League POY. Dad(Dana) played for Cal at UMass on the '96 team. Would be nice to add him to the Reeves/Wagner/Dillingham backcourt, with Sheppard as the fifth guard.

I keep reading "it's the mayo in coffee!!!" which...I don't get. Is that weird? Duh, but we all watched Tom Brady kiss his children on the mouth, right? Professional athletes ARE weird, by design. You don't get to that level without a pretty high degree of weird.

Speaking of, Jim Irsay definitely came to a prospective coach's house and then took a rancid dump like that was normal, so come on now.

I keep reading "it's the mayo in coffee!!!" which...I don't get. Is that weird? Duh, but we all watched Tom Brady kiss his children on the mouth, right? Professional athletes ARE weird, by design. You don't get to that level without a pretty high degree of weird.
You can do weird stuff like that after you become successful.

“Draft stock” isn’t real. It doesn’t exist.

It’s a completely made up concept to allow talking heads to have content but never be wrong. Instead of the so called experts being wrong, the blame is subtly shifted to the player (they slid, fell, plummeted, etc) or to the team (they reached for the player). Honestly, it’s kind of an amazing grift.

Teams are just trying to reinvent the wheel by drafting the next Patrick Mahomes. For better or worse, look at the QB's drafted of late and tell me that isn't the goal. What people don't realize is that Mahomes/Allen are hyper unique QB's in great systems/organizations with great coaches. Mahomes is a good athlete, but he isn't some super human being when it comes to mobility. Everyone wants Mahomes 2.0 but keep drafting Vick 2.0.

CJ Stroud was criticized for performance under pressure and reading the defense post snap at OSU. The dude had three 1st round picks at WR when he played there and several linemen that made the NFL (including his starting LT). If reading defenses is Will's biggest crime, he isn't the only one.

Levis, at worst, is a Masshole . Standard for where he's from-- but as rudd said- that can't be a real reason teams passed. I don't even think that turf-toe or whatever is the real issue. Front office guys outsmart themselves all the time trying to find the guy with the highest ceiling. they see Levis as a solid, maybe even good NFL QB, but passed in favor of trying to hit the lottery with another pick.

If i'm on the clock- i'm picking linemen. Only ever drafting linemen. My team will win in the trenches.

Levis just seems like a weird dude but not bc of the mayo in the coffee thing. People realize he doesn’t really do that, right? It was a TikTok gimmick. I also think his whole “I’m him” persona is a gimmick that backfired. That’s kinda another fad on TikTok for HS/college athletes. Over the top bravado and cockiness. Think Will tried to play that character in person at interviews and it cost him. But he also was just kinda meh all season and maybe he just isn’t a stud qb? Dude should’ve been a third baseman imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT