ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Garnett was East African skinny when he entered the league, but became one of the all time toughest SOBs to ever play by the time he retired.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The downside risk for a GM not taking the French kid is immeasurable. If he ends up always getting hurt you can defend yourself and your job, even if Miller becomes Paul George 2.0. If you don’t take him and he becomes the Kareem-Durant hybrid everybody says he’ll be you’ll be a punchline for the next 50 years.
I've read a few articles about this. GMs and coaches are strongly incentivized not to take risks. Risks get you fired. Going with conventional wisdom, even when you think there's a better way is more defensible and easier to explain. A coach's greatest incentive should be to win, but it's actually to not get fired.

That's why innovation takes longer than it should. Coaches were hesitant to go for it on 4th down much longer and much more often than they should've been because they were sticking with the safer play that's easier to defend, even after the stat nerds had figured out they needed to go for it more.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
How about the hoodrat taunting from the LSU girl and then everyone in the woke media celebrating her…good look for everyone involved.

^ You don't have to defend the Clark girl. She was giving it in previous games as good as she received it, which might have been a bit much but not a big deal IMO.

So we now now that half our country is the most vocal about the following “values”:

Abortion
Transgender surgery for minors
Drag Queens
🇺🇦
Weed

Quite the culture we have going for us.

• Love
Reactions: WayneDougan
So we are all Aztec warriors tonight, amirite?*

Although I don’t feel very confident.

*I normally root against any California team, but we can’t have UConn winning this thing.
Thinking outside of the box - would UConn winning their 5th and 3rd while Cal was here light a fire in him or put a shitload of pressure on him? Either one works for me.

• Haha
Reactions: UKMKG and sinker16
- This is just some really shitty basketball in general.

- Why did Hank delete?

- Open practice was fun Saturday. Think we have some “dudes.” 😂

- How Ya Do Dat
Puff Puff Pass
everything else (I’ll give Tony his Bout It Bout It an HM, I mean it literally founded/funded the entire label)

- Baha Mar less than 3 months away. In Doc Bob words: Eek.

- Down 30+. No Ozempic. Eat right, lift weights.

- “Next year.” Meanwhile he and his daughter are picking internet fights again already. K. 🙄

- Go Cats?

I think Cal is too arrogant to equate what any other team is doing/winning to a failure in himself.

IMHO to Cal, it’s just all just bad luck, or parity in basketball, or the players not performing like he wants. Not his fault and anyone who disagrees is just an entitled fan who doesn’t understand the game and has unreasonable expectations.

But, as we all know, I’m no basketball, so maybe not, but whatever the case. Our basketball lives are going to suck for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT