ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really see a strategy here from Miami. It’s almost like they don’t know UConn has shot blockers at the rim though.

Getting TRIPLED UP in titles by UCONN under Cal's "dynasty"
Even more infuriating when you consider our 2011 and 2014 losses to them, where we scored 54 and 55 points.

We shot a combined 47% from the FT line in those two games (4-12 and 13-24), and lost by a combined 7pts. Classic f*cking Cal....

In the 8 years since UConn's last National Championship in 2014:
  1. They missed the NCAAT 4 times
  2. Won exactly 1 NCAAT game (Colorado in 2016)
  3. Lost in the 1st round 3 times, to a 10, and 12 seed in the last 2 years
Just uncanny how they can be completely irrelevant for nearly a decade, then absolutely dominate the tournament. Oh, and assuming they win on Monday, their last 3 NC games will be won against a 5 and two 8 seeds....

:rolleyes:

He'd be closer to 5K than to Rose's total.

What in gods name are you talking about??

He had 3100 hits in 19 years. You really think he could have collected another 1900 before age 27?? No.

Career best for one season was 262, so I suppose if he gets to the bigs at age 19 and immediately has 7 straight seasons BETTER than that….

[laughing]

5,000 hits = [laughing][laughing][laughing]

In the 8 years since UConn's last National Championship in 2014:
  1. They missed the NCAAT 4 times
  2. Won exactly 1 NCAAT game (Colorado in 2016)
  3. Lost in the 1st round 3 times, to a 10, and 12 seed in the last 2 years
Just uncanny how they can be completely irrelevant for nearly a decade, then absolutely dominate the tournament. Oh, and assuming they win on Monday, their last 3 NC games will be won against a 5 and two 8 seeds....

:rolleyes:
IOW - When the bracket "opens up for them" they actually, you know, DO something with it.

^ Assuming they close it out Monday, their last 4 championships have been won in Texas.

2025 is in San Antonio.

Getting TRIPLED UP in titles by UCONN under Cal's "dynasty"

That's a bit of hard cheese to swallow. (Jealous as hell)

60 years old and I've never been more discouraged with the state of UK basketball.

Obviously I’m pissed off too but this is nonsense:

- Probation - rockbottom
- Tubby era middle
- Tubby era late
- Gillispie

chad - yes, those were all dark times, but with the possible exception of Tubby, you could see a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone knew Pitino was going to kill it here, and it was a foregone conclusion that BCG was gone.
In this instance, there is no foreseeable end to the misery. And we ARE, I believe, in an historically unprecedented stretch of bad UK basketball. Worse than Tubby at even HIS worst.

Ruby’s stunk last night. Kids rolled in to meet me at 10:20. I was hammered and pissed then watched them eat their dinner. Levis rolled in at 9:00. Anyone like the Lockbox restaurant?

21c is nice because of proximity to everything. I was walking everywhere. Downtown Lex is pretty nice, actually. Tried to go to Palm Sunday mass at St Paul’s but 10:00, not 9:00 as per site. Too bad I didn’t pack a fuggin parka. Forgot about the relentless temp swings of central KY.

Good restaurant and bar selections for sure. One might meet a nice female down there, if not ugly or stupid.

Nate’s Coffee Hideaway is a gem. Terrific espresso. Bought a bag of beans and joined sub.

Off to Trackside Kitchen for brekky.

UCONN fan is in my Top7 for most hated.

UofL
Carolina
Tennessee
Duke
Indiana
Georgia
UCONN

Peace.

It was final four or bust this year too. Once we secure a five seed and lose in the round of 32 again next year it will be final four or just the year after that as well.

Reactions: sinker16
-Sadly, we don't determine when he goes.

^I was expecting e8 at a minimum at the beginning of last season, tbh I'd have fired him after st Peter's loss... fresh on the heels of 9 and 16 and missing the tournament.

-this is his chance, he's got the no1 class coming in...at least that's what the sunshine brigade is hanging their hopes on, if he fails with "his type of players" he will lose the balance of the fans and be down to friends/family in his corner.

-SDSU’s entire athletic budget is the same as UK Bball. Get it together Cal.

-Bedroom tv has become an enormous white noise machine basically these days and I love it. Birds chirping at 5:30a outside my window on a Sunday? Turn that rain up.

-Visited my WV family yesterday. Great time but every time I go it reminds how bad off some people have it, man they’re poor over there.

-Wild what you can wear to church these days. Jeans, hoodie, ball cap, let’s roll. I have to keep it traditional though personally.

-Anyone know anything about companies that rent and maintain properties for you? Not trying to sell my house, going to keep it.

#Stupid&Ugly

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Highly recommend The Offer on Paramount if you haven’t seen it. About the making of The Godfather. Matthew Goode as Paramount exec Robert Evans and Juno Temple as the assistant are phenomenal. One of the best series I’ve seen in awhile. If you are a sucker for period pieces this one is for you.

Last edited:
-Sadly, we don't determine when he goes.
This is the worst part. We can bitch and moan but so long as we have that dork Barnhart in charge of the athletics department, it doesn't matter.

It isn't even clear to the BBN if the Athletics Department thinks there is a problem with the basketball program. For all we know, they think everything is grand.

Last edited:
Agree with the clown on this one. Probation was bad, but it was short-lived. And we had CM Newton, not Mitch Barnhart.

The Tubby era late through BCG was discouraging, but it was so bad that we knew it wasn't going to last. Neither Tubby nor BCG had lifetime contracts with absurd buyouts.

The current state is worse because it's like death by a thousand cuts. We have a coach who openly disdains and condescends to the fanbase, alienates boosters, and barely talks to the AD. He consistently underachieves with the players and resources that he has. He stubbornly clings to an outdated offense, regardless of personnel. And worst of all - we can't get rid of him. He'll be here until he wants to stop being paid an un-incentivized $9mm per year. Yes, we have a very talented class coming in next season, but what have we seen lately to give us hope that the result will be anything but underachievement and a tourney flame-out?

Trump : GOP :: Cal : UK Basketball

Highly recommend The Offer on Paramount if you haven’t seen it. About the making of The Godfather. Matthew Goode as Paramount exec Robert Evans and Juno Temple as the assistant are phenomenal. One of the best series I’ve seen in awhile. If you are a sucker for period pieces this one is for you.

The thing about it for me as I watching it was there is NO way this is true/accurate. Looked it up as I was watching it and yep, it was accurate. Amazing story & movie.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Is it on Paramount+? Just looked at the Paramount channel and that is either Bar Rescue or a movie from 8am to midnight...every night. Throw in some original programming every now and then.

- Tetris on Apple+ is very good. The true story behind Tetris becoming a worldwide phenomenon. Feels like Atomic Blonde for video games.

I'll tell you what is NOT worth watching, IMO anyway, is Lucky Hank.

It's not the worst thing ever but it's just, well, unambitious.
The quirkiness of the characters is so forced that it's actually awkward to watch. The story line, so far, is as tired as Lili VonSchtupp, and Odenkirk seems out of his element (he does hit his stride in a few scenes, but they're few and far between)

What's the standard "playlist"/rotation at KPP?

Chicken Dance?

Everybody clap you hands

Macarena?

YMCA? (I'll admit to actually liking that one, because watching old, white, homophobic evangelical Christians, unwittingly get down to gay anthems is gold)

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT