ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Portal is killing college basketball. Not just Kentucky.

But Cal can't wait on Reeves and others to make their final decisions, IMO. Like wcc says, when he isn't trying to get every player under 6'6 on our roster to play the 4, we have been a guard short every year recently.

Hell, UCONN fans were complaining about why so many players transferred out before this very championship season.

RJ Cole was UCONN's leading scorer last season, but decided to forego his last season to enter the NBA Draft. He didn't make the NBA & played in Greece.

Gaffney transferred to Florida Atlantic.

Akok transferred to Georgetown.

Diggins transferred to UMASS.

It happens everywhere.

But, they signed 4 perimeter players out of the portal that ended up contributing to their title. Alleyne from VaTech, Newton from ECU, Diarra from Texas A&M and Calcaterra from San Diego.

Cal needs to stop coddling players and handlers. There are good players out there looking for a home. Don't be held hostage by current players' decisions. Don't wait too long and end up a couple of players short (again).

Yep. I do miss the old days when I stressed over what the freshmen were going to do after the classic tourney bullshit (2012 nonwithstanding)

Sad how little I care about anyone on this team anymore. Go, stay, who gives a shit. Can pretty much predict next years results already.

Lot of questionable early season losses
Nice little push in January where things are “coming together”
Early loss in SECT
Maybe get lucky and make S16 if the basketball Gods bless us while either Duke, KU, UNC, UCONN win it all

Wash, rinse, repeat

Screaming maniacally is his antidote to the total lack of prep work and meaningful practices.

I’ve never coached basketball but even his descriptions of practices sounded like they just ran drills and no real plays. It was glorified camp drills.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Dear BBN -

This season didn’t end like we wanted, but my teammates and I will never forget the experience. We are so grateful to have had the chance to be your not-so-furry parents. Each day spent with you was a blessing. We selfishly wish you were here with us. We are so grateful to Heavenly Father that you did not appear to suffer, that you were not alone on the day you passed away, and that the last person hold you was your momma on the day you left this earth. We count these as tender mercies from the Lord. The pain of your absence is swallowed up in the joy you brought us with your love and affection. We loved seeing you run in your little jungle. We know that you run now without pain and without restriction. Your parting shocked us, and we miss you so much, sweet baby girl. Thank you for teaching us how precious each day is. Each one with you was most precious. We love you. #dryyourtears #love #lookup#princessruby #wemissyou
#noregrets

Simply showing up, refusing to adapt your scheme, asinine substitution patters all the while screaming maniacally on the sidelines isn't selling me on a strong 'desire to win' mentality.
All valid points. But none of this is unique to the last 3-4 years. Cal has been this way since he first stepped foot in the Joe Craft.

Suggesting Cal is just "mailing it in" lets him off the hook way too easy. I don't think laziness is the problem. It's his pride, ego, and vanity.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I assume the only point of these “thx, bye tho” statements is to keep some kid* employed at UK to do the graphics for the release.

* it’s Brad. He’s back at UK making $250,000 a year making graphics for the statements

To all of you who think we're stuck in an impossible situation, look at UCONN. From sanctions to championships in a short time and they pay their coach 2.9 Mill a year. We aren't even starting that from that low, etiher.

So it’s fair to say then, not only should Cal stop coddling these kids and their handlers, but Mitch should stop coddling to Cal?

I do wish when he went on air with Matt Jones he’d have let it rip a little more, but mid season it would have been a horrible look.

But none of this is unique to the last 3-4 years. Cal has been this way since he first stepped foot in the Joe Craft.
You honestly think he's the same dude? I don't remember bizarro anti-basketball sub patterns causing GYERO to hemmorage < 2018.

If anything, 'pride, ego, and vanity' are all reasons *not* to turn into a dinosaur.

Dude is washed. University of Apathy until he’s gone. It’s absolutely criminal what Mitch and HOFCSJVC have turned UK into but no one is going to have to answer to anything.

Absolutely asinine. Yet par for course for ol top button.

Reactions: ULISwuzPointGod
-Gal pal surprised me with tickets to the Cards Braves game last night which was pretty damn cool of her.

Great looking park for sure, pretty decent “Wrigleyville” set up outside of it as well.

Saw a mom/gma type lady try to bring a six pack in a cooler in with her and looked befuddled when they told her she couldn’t do that and she had to go back to the car…

-Stoked for Bert Kreischer on Thursday at Rupp. Will be the second time I’ve seen him in like two years. I listen to a couple of his podcasts as well so I’m not going to lie, last time when he started into the Machine story we left. Heard it 1000x. Plus, in all honesty, the acts he brings with him are better “stand ups” than he is.

-Lunch at Applebees today and I order a margarita. Received a salted martini glass and a shaker tin full of margarita. Since when do you pour a drink yourself and a margarita come in a martini glass? Flippin Applebees man.

-You know a city has a crime problem when a group of 6 bros is walking out of the stadium saying, “Stick close guys, don’t want to get robbed.”

^still blows my mind for whatever reason when I see people smoke actual cigs. Was at a bar last and you could smoke them inside. Why?
If you feel it’s necessary to smoke I’d still rather be seen pulling on a Marlboro than some contraption and exhaling febreeze.

I’m just glad I stopped. I do miss a good heater with a beer though.

- Freaking UConn 9-1 in Final 4s. 🤦🏻‍♂️

- Getting tired of explaining the connotation of the term “blue blood” to dipshits.

- The efficiency of a Dunkin Donuts is something I aspire to in my own life.

- Airpods should light up or glow when they’re in use.

- The first season of Vanderpump Rules is the best season of any reality TV show ever.

- Rewatched “Dazed & Confused” again this weekend. An absolute masterpiece and must watch for any high school kid. And good lord that cast was cooking. 🔥 Always liked Mitch’s sister best but you couldn’t go run with any Top 5.

- I’m actually shocked Cal recruits as well as he does considering our offensive vibe.

Sunday Funday RANDOS:

* Forte is my baby, but man, watch out for Amber of Empire in the Derby. That was one of the most impressive closing runs (Arkansas Derby) I've seen.

* Speaking of horse, Friday and Saturday's cards at Keeneland look solid. As always, let me know if you fine people will be around? I bought 11 tickets and taking people there in a limo (might have 2-4 left). Also, scalped 3 for Saturday and the two people that were going, might have to back out. I plan on using my secret hook-up to get box seats. No promises.

Already looking at that ALL/2 in the early Daily Double Friday.

* Underrated snack: Whoppers out of that milk carton-looking thing. The sound of those malted milk balls rumbling out of the box, going into your hand, and then crunching in the mouth deserves more attention in the snack world.

* Give me the Bic Round Stic pens all/air over any other writing utensil. I also guarantee that lid is always chewed the hell up.

* Working in the health care field, drugs rep bring us food 2/3 times a week. I will say that I am a picky and horrible person to be judging food (in this case sides), but Red State BBQ's mac-and-cheese might be the best I've ever had.

Again, I have the palate and eating habits of an 8-year-old.

* @bradyjames, found Jordan cards that I bought 20-years-ago and wanted to know their worth. In cases and look very mint still. Also 10, Upper Deck "A Cut Above" series.

- 1992 USA Basketball Team #579
- 1990 NBA Hoops #65
- 1990 Fleer #26

Also, a '93 Ken Griffey Topps Finest that I cannot tell if it's a real refractor one. I heard those go for some good money.

* Yes, grosses me out to see people in their cars--windows rolled up--puffing on cigs. Christ.

* Hell, I'll put down $100 on the Cats at 11-1, but I seriously don't give a shit at this moment about anyone coming-or-going.

* Let's go Wonder Wheel in the Ashland Friday (Derby Oaks prep).

Sunday Funday RANDOS:

* Underrated snack: Whoppers out of that milk carton-looking thing. The sound of those malted milk balls rumbling out of the box, going into your hand, and then crunching in the mouth deserves more attention in the snack world.

* Give me the Bic Round Stic pens all/air over any other writing utensil. I also guarantee that lid is always chewed the hell up.

* Working in the health care field, drugs rep bring us food 2/3 times a week. I will say that I am a picky and horrible person to be judging food (in this case sides), but Red State BBQ's mac-and-cheese might be the best I've ever had.

Again, I have the palate and eating habits of an 8-year-old.

*MattsCatts sounds more like FattsCatts*

5'9, 160lbs if so? Best binge this body for the next days to fit in my Keeneland attire.

Last edited:
Never understood why college baseball is so irrelevant/unwatched. You’d think in the baseball obsessed 20s-80s it would’ve been extremely popular but seems like football was the main college sport.

Reactions: roguemocha
Never understood why college baseball is so irrelevant/unwatched. You’d think in the baseball obsessed 20s-80s it would’ve been extremely popular but seems like football was the main college sport.

Pretty simple- Minor League baseball.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
- Freaking UConn 9-1 in Final 4s. 🤦🏻‍♂️

- Getting tired of explaining the connotation of the term “blue blood” to dipshits.

- The efficiency of a Dunkin Donuts is something I aspire to in my own life.

- Airpods should light up or glow when they’re in use.

- The first season of Vanderpump Rules is the best season of any reality TV show ever.

- I’m actually shocked Cal recruits as well as he does considering our offensive vibe.

In order....please take notes big guy:

~"basketball players" over highlight reels

`"blue blood"...this term died off years back.

~CFA efficiency over DD by a factor of infinity

~Airpods should be outlawed for anyone over 18.

~"Reality" TV is an oxymoron if ever there was one....but to play along...Reality TV started and ended with Jackass.

~You really believe Cal recruits? SMH.

If you feel it’s necessary to smoke I’d still rather be seen pulling on a Marlboro than some contraption and exhaling febreeze.

I’m just glad I stopped. I do miss a good heater with a beer though.
I know what you mean but I disagree. Capes don’t smell like shit and make everyone around them smell like shit. And the vapor isn’t nearly as obtrusive wafting by you vs cig smoke.

Obviously, James dean wouldn’t have been caught dead smoking a vape as a “cool as hell” stereotype dude though.

In order....please take notes big guy:

~"basketball players" over highlight reels

`"blue blood"...this term died off years back.

~CFA efficiency over DD by a factor of infinity

~Airpods should be outlawed for anyone over 18.

~"Reality" TV is an oxymoron if ever there was one....but to play along...Reality TV started and ended with Jackass.

~You really believe Cal recruits? SMH.
Hold up you don’t think people should have AirPods? Not at the gym, yard work, bike ride/walk around the neighborhood, classical while reading a book, etc? Nothing?

I will say I think ACTUAL AirPods are pretty dumb. They’re super expensive and not even a great product. If they weren’t Apple no one would care about having them. I’ll take my Raycons for $40 over $200 AirPods all/air.

One of the 3 biggest regrets of my life, taking up that stupid habit. Been an extremely light smoker for the last decade. Weekend warrior etc.

But, watching your wife in anguish, as her father is dying of lung cancer, will provide the strongest motivation you can find. It would be a slap in her face to light one up now.

4 weeks.

Many hardcore MLB simply don’t like the differences (bats the highest one) and feel like it’s a vastly inferior product - imagine college basketball teams playing on 9 foot rims or college football playing on 60 yard fields - just not same game

I assumed it was mostly due to the star/most hyped players, for the most part, heading straight to professional baseball out of high school. Not to say there weren't insanely hyped college stars (Pete Incaviglia for example), but the hype generally didn't start until they were in their last year at college before becoming eligible for the draft.
Is that still the rule? That if you opt for college, you're not eligible to be drafted again until after your Junior year?

And why DOES college use aluminum bats? If it's a cost thing, then it would seem to make sense for MLB to cover the cost of wooden bats for all college teams, because their HAS to have been a lot of draft mistakes made on hitters, because of inflated aluminum bat STATS. (looking back at YOU Pete Incaviglia)

I wouldn't want move in at third base, with a RH power hitter at the plate, using an aluminum bat.

Last edited:
sick robert deniro GIF

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
It certainly helped that ESPN promoted the s*** out of the women’s tournament, for obvious reasons. If both were playing at the same time, ESPN.com had the womens game pinned to the top, while the men’s scores were buried down the page.

Very self serving, petty, and rather hilarious, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT