ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really ever drink while I play golf. Blasphemous, I know, but I seriously can't play while drunk. It's possible I'd snap a shaft hitting it so fat. For my use, a full cup of ice lasting 18 holes would be incredible.

I can't play drunk either, but I've gotten to where I can drink on the course and still be good.

Start with 2 beers, grab 4 at the turn, finishing the last one at the 19th while counting scores/bets/post round Keno/etc. Pretty much do that every time I play these days...just enough for a slight buzz and to feel super cool about drinking beer, but that's about it.

^ applies to my morning/daytime golfing. If I'm finishing late, I'll typically just have a few random beers throughout the round

Ulis always looks high.

CGgQlHlVAAAOBqV.png
Hands and arms are so awkward in posed photos. What do you do with them? Not sure why they become so big and bulky and awkward.

Anyone been to Brendan's Catch 23 yet? Typically a bit skeptical of restaurants that have a corporate or hotel association, which I believe this one loosely does, although it seems to be chef-driven & a legit standalone restaurant for the most part.

TurboK's review.

Dude, its legit. Do not wait to get there.

It was a Monday so it was really dead….But Play slow jam r&b music entire time we were there. I suspect on weekends it’s a little more upbeat. The space is just huge and elaborate. All brand new.

Food was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. Ruby’s caliber. I had 14 oz Prime strip that was every bit as good as any I have had. Not as thick as Ruby’s but top 3% prime meat you can get and it showed in taste and visual. I also had lobster tail which was the surf and turf.

Brussel sprouts in jam and bacon were unreal.

Lobster mac and cheese was very good but not as creamy as I would like.

Alex got Sea bass that was the size of my steak which is very rare. It was huge, and taste was unreal.

They print a new menu every day in-house. Different specials every day.

We got a king crab app that was basically pulled king crab put in a mason jar of hot butter. Was ridic..

Be a perfect spot for group dinner… Lots of TV’s in bar area which can be seen throughout the entire place. Has a very Chicago steak house feel. I really really liked it.

$$$$ Tho.

Oh, we're not allowed to mock a $500 cooler on GYERO, huh? F'ing yuppies.

Welp, daughter broke her elbow while at the museum on the first day of summer break. So much for soccer camp, basketball camp, pool, regular camp, etc.

Stay away from museums, folks.

With the med pay from their insurance quote you can finance 90% of a Yeti cooler. Sounds like a lose win to me.

Oh, we're not allowed to mock a $500 cooler on GYERO, huh? F'ing yuppies.
What am I supposed to do if the ice melts in a cooler for poors, Chad? Go up to f***ing Alaska and get some more ice? Don't think so! $500 bucks for all-day frozen water sounds like a bargain now, doesn't it?

My new Yeti cooler did a great job keeping her ice packs cold though.

Of course we couldn't afford the traditional plaster cast and just went with the cheaper bubble wrap alternative.

Chad did tons of shots Saturday, fwiw.

I will say, though, that CinnamonRhino shot at RhineHaus or whatever is the best shot of all time.

Cinnamon Rhino
- rum chata + fireball

House made Rum Horchata mixed with Fireball, comes out like tasting something like Bailey's w/ hint of cinnamon spice -- not too unlike Geese's signature fall shots. 10/10

Believe we're actually giving one away in the WLEX contest soon. There ya go.

But $250 for the smallest one. Yikes. Even the king of excess thinks that's a bit much.

Reactions: HUBER
Speaking or poors- it looks like i got snubbed out of a parking pass altogether per my last phone call. I havent made any other donations to the athletic department aside from the mandatory one when you order tickets- but i really thought 10 years of tickets would have put me in good shape. Guess not.

EDIT: they followed up with an email saying not all parking was assigned yet, so I may still have a pass- but NOBODY KNOWS

Last edited:
Reactions: Geese Feeder
I really don't care much for the 3d TV stuff. Movie theater maybe, but the home stuff just isn't that exciting. Fogs up under the bubbles

Yeti is awesome for those of us that need it. Gafs like BBDK that don't venture past their wife's side, not so much.

So the people in Prospect respect his outdoorieness and when he pulls up to the gas stations near his lodge the locals know he's a rich douche from the city.

We have a cabin with no refrigeration, 20 miles from the nearest place for ice. Stay there up to 5 days in a row.
I'm one of the people its actually intended for. An actual outdoorsman, not someone like Anth who tries to pay for the title one weekend.

So I'm talking to Yeti about becoming a dealer for their coolers. Any of you fools have an Yeti's or have an opinion on them? From all accounts I've read, they are the Schembari of coolers.
yeti_tundra_cooler.jpg

They're great, one of the founders is a client of ours too, dude sold a cash cow business to strictly work on Yeti, which says a lot

so now would be a good time for UNC to release their NOA what with Sepp Blatter resigning and all

Speaking or poors- it looks like i got snubbed out of a parking pass altogether per my last phone call. I havent made any other donations to the athletic department aside from the mandatory one when you order tickets- but i really thought 10 years of tickets would have put me in good shape. Guess not.

Send them a shit ton of Yeti coolers, keep dat damn Gatorade cold for the team, save money on ice. Boom, they will probably valet park you.

I'm one of the people its actually intended for.

That is very true. Rich suburbanites trying to prove they're something they're not and just dumb enough to buy a $700 cooler.

Also, I never pretend to be an outdoorsman. I hate camping. I have little desire to sleep anywhere that is not properly heated/cooled or bedded. Don't hunt and haven't fished regularly since I was young.

Haha- just found out we got the lass's work seats at Riverbend for Dave Matthews Friday night, and the aforementioned JaRule free show on Saturday. Take me back to 2000.

freaking beezid. won a 19-inch tube tv for only $6, but still have to pay $29.95 shipping and handling. AND, it's gonna take 3 weeks go get here.

Beavis_BeavisandButtHead.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT