ADVERTISEMENT

Global Climate Changes

Summer temperatures have warmed significantly since Olympians gathered in Paris a century ago during the summer of 1924, reported Climate Central, a U.S. nonprofit that also co-authored “Rings of Fire."

• Average temperatures for the period of July 26-Aug. 11, the dates of this year's Games, warmed 5.5 degrees.
  • Temperatures of 86 degrees or higher were reported 188 days over the past decade, compared with 69 for 1924-1933.
  • Overnight temperatures remained at 68 degrees or above 84 nights between 2014-2023, compared with only 4 for 1924-1933

Wouldn’t it be better for the environment to just cancel the Olympics altogether? No telling how much CO2 is put into the environment by the athletes coming and going. And did you see that French flag made of smoke in the opening ceremony?

Summer temperatures have warmed significantly since Olympians gathered in Paris a century ago during the summer of 1924, reported Climate Central, a U.S. nonprofit that also co-authored “Rings of Fire."

• Average temperatures for the period of July 26-Aug. 11, the dates of this year's Games, warmed 5.5 degrees.
  • Temperatures of 86 degrees or higher were reported 188 days over the past decade, compared with 69 for 1924-1933.
  • Overnight temperatures remained at 68 degrees or above 84 nights between 2014-2023, compared with only 4 for 1924-1933
How strange that you didn’t report the averages after 1933.

Peculiar, that.

Wouldn’t it be better for the environment to just cancel the Olympics altogether? No telling how much CO2 is put into the environment by the athletes coming and going. And did you see that French flag made of smoke in the opening ceremony?
The population of earth 100 years ago was less than 2 billion. Today it exceeds 8 billion. It would be better if people stopped breeding at will. That would cure all of earth’s problems.

images

Reactions: Kingseve1
Charlatans like Judith Curry?
Why would you think of her as a charlatan? Her credentials are sound. She has a major issue with the process of climatology research. She dislikes the groupthink that she sees and wants reform. Nothing wrong with that; it’s how science works.

From Scientific American:

For most of her career, Curry, who heads the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, has been known for her work on hurricanes, Arctic ice dynamics and other climate-related topics. But over the past year or so she has become better known for something that annoys, even infuriates, many of her scientific colleagues. Curry has been engaging actively with the climate change skeptic community, largely by participating on outsider blogs such as Climate Audit, the Air Vent and the Blackboard. Along the way, she has come to question how climatologists react to those who question the science, no matter how well established it is. Although many of the skeptics recycle critiques that have long since been disproved, others, she believes, bring up valid points—and by lumping the good with the bad, climate researchers not only miss out on a chance to improve their science, they come across to the public as haughty. “Yes, there’s a lot of crankology out there,” Curry says. “But not all of it is. If only 1 percent of it or 10 percent of what the skeptics say is right, that is time well spent because we have just been too encumbered by groupthink.”

Yes of course if they remove the colder days/years then the numbers will show what they want.

As discussed numerous times, their entire ploy was literally in the leaked emails from nearly 20 years ago. Remove stats they don't like, call them outliers, produce desired results, get sweet monies.

Yes of course if they remove the colder days/years then the numbers will show what they want.
Not sure what you mean, each bar on the graph represents a year, the years are charted separately and none of them have been skipped. The trend is obvious
As discussed numerous times, their entire ploy was literally in the leaked emails from nearly 20 years ago. Remove stats they don't like, call them outliers, produce desired results, get sweet monies.
Not sure who you are referring to. This is from the National Oceanographic and Atmospherics Administration (NOAA). It's a scientific organization which is as credible of a source that I know of. I'm pretty sure they aren't a part of some conspiracy. Anyway you said you want to see increases over the prescribed period of time, well there it is. The data speaks for itself.

Reactions: Kingseve1
Not sure what you mean, each bar on the graph represents a year, the years are charted separately and none of them have been skipped. The trend is obvious

Not sure who you are referring to. This is from the National Oceanographic and Atmospherics Administration (NOAA). It's a scientific organization which is as credible of a source that I know of. I'm pretty sure they aren't a part of some conspiracy. Anyway you said you want to see increases over the prescribed period of time, well there it is. The data speaks for itself.

Yes. Its weird how no climate cultist remembers any of that trove of leaked emails. The ones that literally said what i posted.

Yes. Its weird how no climate cultist remembers any of that trove of leaked emails. The ones that literally said what i posted.
I do not follow climate change closely and had not heard of this issue, so I googled to learn. Is this what you are referring to ?? If so, it appears to have been thoroughly researched by a number of scientific organizations and explained, as I assume this wiki to be credible and accurate, based on many other links, like those listed.

Last edited:
I do not follow climate change closely and had not heard of this issue, so I googled to learn. Is this what you are referring to ?? If so, it appears to have been thoroughly researched by a number of scientific organizations and explained, as I assume this wiki to be credible and accurate, based on many other links, like those listed.

Only one I clicked on was the bbc link. It had an expert trying to explain why you shouldn't believe the things you read in those emails, so I assume the others are the same.

Yes you definitely should not believe the emails experts sent to one another in private explaining exactly how they were manipulating the data. Instead you should definitely believe experts that say none of that matters and you should believe them anyway because dont question the science and we're all in this together.

The last two things sound much better when everyone chants them in unison. Or so it seems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT