ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately I had no idea who Bruce Jenner was before any of this so all of the interest/outrage is going completely over my head.

He was one of the most famous- if not THE most famous American Olympian of all-time. You really hadn't heard of him?

Never heard the name in my life.

I find this very hard to believe. If you've just happened to glance over at the cover of an US Weekly or some other equally ridiculous shit rag in the grocery store line over the last several years, you would've seen his face or name. It's almost inescapable to at least heard of him.

I swear to God, Chase. Not sure if you really understand how much I ignore certain parts of our society, but I guess this is a prime example. Guy materialized out of thin air for me. #blessed

This whole fiasco has nothing to do with whether you should have even HEARD of Bruce Jenner.

Ever heard of Carl Lewis? Mark Spitz? Michael Phelps? Dan & Dave?

Sometimes I think guys like you and me forget that not everyone in GYERO is a huge sports fan. Many are here just for the social aspects.

Are you sure you want to like this post?

What's the deal there? I mean, is Cat Paw questioning my judgment at random times? Do they think I'm attempting to like a shit-post and are trying to keep me from doing it? If I hit like, don't question me GDit. And definitely don't randomly question me for f*ck's sake.

Hmmm, rich people buying things they don't really need because "it's the best." Yeah think hard on that one Huber.

Guy I'm going to Bowlegs with has a Yeti, so I'll offer my true life story next week. He's a good ole boy from Ole Miss and keeps it on his boat or in the grove. He loves it.

Getting an oil change on the Porsche today. Did the Jeep yesterday. Guess which one cost 10x more than the other?

Congrats to Bruce or Caitlyn, whatever. Now everyone please just leave it alone.

Where's the damn sunshine?!?!?

Not really minding this weather but wish we could've saved it for a couple days in August as a sort of foreshadowing to fall. Always love those first hints.

-Messi is kind of mesmerizing for me. I don't follow soccer much outside of WC but the dude looks like a normal guy. Maybe even carrying around 5-6lbs extra weight, if you saw him in public it's very likely you wouldn't think twice. Probably similar to Steph Curry both are pretty marginal looking athletic builds but they are two of the most creatively athletic people on the planet. Strange stuff.

He's amazing. The goal he scored Saturday would've been the career highlight for 99% of the players out there, but he does that shit all the time. I can't imagine anyone being better than him - he has to be the GOAT at this point.

There's defiantly some Jessica Lange in Caitlyn.
rs_560x415-150601141505-1024.Caitlyn-Jenner-Jessica-Lange.ms.60115.jpg

good looking out, boat. let us know if that $700 cooler holds up while sitting on a vessel or tailgating.

Welp, daughter broke her elbow while at the museum on the first day of summer break. So much for soccer camp, basketball camp, pool, regular camp, etc.

Stay away from museums, folks.

So I'm talking to Yeti about becoming a dealer for their coolers. Any of you fools have an Yeti's or have an opinion on them? From all accounts I've read, they are the Schembari of coolers.
yeti_tundra_cooler.jpg

Was going to ask this very question. Guy here at work has one. His reasoning for paying $264, "it is bear proof," " it will float if turned over while rafting, even full of beer", "lifetime warranty", "It will not be damaged if it falls out of the back of a truck". "it will keep ice a week." That last was the only thing that caught my attention, but only for a minute. Uh, Hoss at $264 it will take a lot of ice saving to make up for my $20 Igloo. Will not be anywhere near bears, kayaking drunk, or throwing my cooler of beer in the back of a truck, I have a third row Tahoe, plenty of room. Now if the auto lift gate opens I could be in trouble, but I will take my chances. The one he had MIGHT hold a 12 pack.

The real question about Yeti is do they make a fridge size version that one could use to survive a nuclear explosion?

Reactions: HUBER
the brilliance of marketing is creating need where one doesnt really exist, and leading people to believe -- even insist -- that they cant live without some random benefit said product supposedly fills.

Pretty crazy that people spend money on things they want even if it may not be exactly practical. What are some other examples of this?

Reactions: HUBER
I'd go Pele, Messi, and then Maradona. Argentina would put Maradona above Messi simply for his exploits in the World Cup. But he had off the field issues, and wasn't as good of a club player as Messi. Messi has dominated Europe over the past decade. Pele is basically Babe Ruth, and did things no one else had even dreamed about...and helped the World Cup become the spectacle that it is. Hard to beat Babe Ruth.

Pretty crazy that people spend money on things they want even if it may not be exactly practical. What are some other examples of this?

The Ultimate no-no to an irresponsible life per PTI(pti).

Remember, this guy PAYS $100-300 multiple times per month to go run on public property -- well, he does get a technical Tshirt.

That said, Yeti isn't one of those expenses I can justify -- I have plenty other ones that I'm sure are just as silly to others, but worth it to me. That's why most of us work or marry women who do.

TurboK does have a Yeti CUP, though -- which actually does make sense for boating/etc, when your drink/ice melts within minutes when it's blazing. It would almost be worth it to me to have my bedside ice water remain perfectly cold throughout the night.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy

I know a hot tub that didn't have a 30" 4K 3D TV, 10 High Fidelity 5000 watt speakers, 2 20" sub woofers, and 89 high pressure jets wouldn't make my tired back and legs feel as good as a hot tub that only had 72 high pressure jets jets and no other features.

Reactions: drxman1
TurboK does have a Yeti CUP, though -- which actually does make sense for boating/etc, when your drink/ice melts within minutes when it's blazing.

I would never ever consider the cooler, but I'm probably going to get a cup. It's basically perfect for me when golfing in July/August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT