ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Planned a last minute, end-of-summer trip to Chicago with the whole family. Doing the usual family stuff (aquarium, zoo, etc.), but the highlight for me will be taking CF and CE to their first game at Wrigley. Decent seats behind the Cubs dugout. Will be playing your (most of you, anyway) Cincinnati Reds.

- Turns out I’ve been drinking next to ol’ @cawoodsct at the same bar for years. Great guy.

- Black Widow was dope. Didn’t have strong feelings one way or the other going in, walked away a much bigger fan of the character and story.

- Got CF his first set of “real” clubs for his recent birthday, so took him out to Meadowbrook (par 3) for his first trip to a course. We got through about 7 before he checked out, convinced him to walk out and finish the front 9 with me, at least. We’ll get there.

- Love having The Open and a hometown PGA event on the same weekend. A little bummed that I got offered hospitality tent tickets for the Barbasol on Saturday but can’t take advantage due to being out of town for a friend’s 40th. Crushing domestos at Top Golf and ribs at Montgomery will more than make up for it, though.

- Had been doing well, then summer hit and I got fat again. Eh well, still time to be in my best shape by my 40th in November.

- The numbing effect of a warm radiator beer would’ve been a nice respite from bows & toes and chins & knees.

- Never like to wish away the summer, but ready to start hearing the drumline practice while out in the yard. Feelings of being “ready to run through a brick wall,” atkot. We SEC now.

- The Secret of My Success is an absolutely underrated and forgotten about 80’s treasure, both the movie and soundtrack.

- I remember when “woke” was just a term I first heard/learned about in the CM/MP/UGK masterpiece “Akickdoe.” Certainly was not a term with the meaning/connotation it carries today.

- From the outside, “business talk” is insufferable. “We’ll circle back around and talk logistics.” K. That said . . . I’m as guilty of it as anybody.

Last edited:
6601468b-8e85-4e09-a3d3-015876907129_screenshot.jpg

I will drink Bourbon whenever the f*** I please.

Richie and Anth need to inform the bourbon industry that they should reschedule the bourbon festival. Can't be doing that in September or before 8pm. That first month of football is going to feel weird now that we aren't supposed to consume the brown water.

🤮

Reactions: bradyjames
*Sat out the Thursday night concert last night and I feel great this morning. My wife cannot say the same. Her and the hens came in around 11 clucking up the house for a few minutes driving me nuts.

*Wodie, you know Tim R from South Park? He's my kind of people out here in NC.

*Good call on "Secret to My Success." It was way ahead of its time with the banging of the Aunt.

*As far as the CHALLENGER goes, I was not for it. My first car was an 85 Bronco II with north of 100K miles on it. My wife, however, got a new car when for her senior year of HS. We came at this decision from two different perspectives. Her's won.

I will be placing GPS tracker in the car that will report speed and driving habits. That was the concession I got from my wife. He starts acting like his father, he's losing his ride.

*Crazy some farmer is pulling guns on joggers. No way that's legal, right?

*Bourbon is to be consumed whenever the consumer wants to consume. That said, a cold beer is my choice no matter the temperature.

*Forgot to mention the Safeties coach, Greg Gasparato (I think) for UL ended up at my house for the 4th of July party (which was awesome).

Conversation went as follows:

Hey, this is Greg, he's coaches the safety coach for UL.

Me: Thank you.
Greg: You a UL fan too?
Me: No, UK fan.
Greg: Confused look for a few then starts laughing.

He was a good sport about it and seemed to be a good dude. Only talked to him 5 minutes so who knows.

Scotch is absolutely wonderful and what I drink year round. Will order Johnnie Walker or JandB on the rocks at the bar as my go to order and slam that shit starting at noon summer or winter. When I feel like bourbon I’ll order a shitty scotch and put 2 packets of Splenda in it.

Bruichladdich Black Arts... simply the best Scotch out there. It’s on the level of WLW bourbon. The absolute best (to me).

Drinking (good) whiskey is ultimately more refreshing than pounding quantities of beer because I can’t stand feeling “full”, which ostensibly happens to me after 4 beers or so. [85° is my whiskey cutoff, however.]

Pair that bitch with a San Lontano oval stogie... drink like a goddamn man. #nopussies

Another thing...

nevermind masks in restaurants, there should be a ban on open-toed sandalflops for men. I’d rather catch Covid again than to look down at some busted-ass, hairy, man toes as I’m about to eat a meal. FOH.

I’m curious if Brooks and Bryson are actually boys and are just messing with everyone, or if they really do hate each other. Either or, it’s the second most entertaining thing in golf right now behind CPG.

Reactions: Col. Angus
You serious?

There is no need to be curious. Bryson is the worst, Brooks looks better every day despite being an over-the-top asshole about it. He absolutely loathes him, and for good reason.

Read the quotes from his own Cobra tour rep in this article lol. He’s the biggest douche in sports, shit like this is nearly a weekly occurrence.

Last edited:
I’m aware. When watching The Match the other night, it was pretty clear that Bryson just doesn’t fit in with anyone. He was trying to be cool and talk the talk, but those other guys just weren’t having it.

But Brooks doesn’t seem to be that far off from that. Maybe it’s like the movie Step Brothers. Maybe they’re best friends and they don’t even know it.

* Would love to see Dustin or, more importantly, Paulina get one of those Therabody “personal massagers” endorsements.

At a vacation home with the in-laws which includes several young children. One of the kids spends about 6 hours a day crying and screaming at the top of his lungs and another one does that for about 3 hours a day. It doesn't really bother me too much; if it gets too intense I'll just go outside. But I'm not sure how the parents deal with it. And there's a look in each of the mom's eyes... a dark look... a dangerous look. Anyway, looking forward to going back to work!

You serious?

There is no need to be curious. Bryson is the worst, Brooks looks better every day despite being an over-the-top asshole about it. He absolutely loathes him, and for good reason.

Read the quotes from his own Cobra tour rep in this article lol. He’s the biggest douche in sports, shit like this is nearly a weekly occurrence.

Yep - and next time Bryson is in contention- and every time after- you golf nerds will be rooting for him, forming some bullshit narrative, gentlemen’s sport and whatnot, to root for him.

F golf.

Hard not to root for Bryson here, he really seems humbled and has been embracing this crowd. Had some really tough shots. Can’t help but embrace this great comeback story.

Reactions: wcc31
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT