ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Malone’s tomorrow for the first time. Anything signature GYERO recommends or just pick what looks good?

• Went to the Summit Malone's last night.
    • Ambiance: A+: Beautiful place, especially for the Summit. Had a table of four Instagram model wannabes and some clown taking their pictures the whole time sitting next to us. That was entertaining. The blonde was fire, but the others were clearly the B team.
    • Service: B: They weren't exactly on point with who ordered what, but it came out in a timely manner
    • Food: C+: Apps were good, but they overcooked my steak and the sides were closer to the Texas Roadhouse side of the the steakhouse world. EDIT: The crab dip app was awesome.
    • Wine List: F: Step up the "by the glass" list, Malone's. C'mon.
    • Inventory Management: D-: They were out of 8 oz and 5 oz filets. And half of their menu items are for those size filets. Yet they had tons of 12 oz filets, so why not just cut the effer in half?
  • I'm enjoying the soap opera that is ESPN right now. But I feel like little is being said about Jalen Rose's daughter completely trashing her dad's co-worker on a TikTok. That's a bullshit move. Control your goddamn dependents, Jalen.
  • There are only a handful of personalities who move the ratings needle at ESPN, yet these clowns are acting like #1 in the world hit making pop divas. Wouldn't Disney have some sort of analytics to show sideline reporters that nobody is watching a game because of them?
  • Determined to kick this week's ass at work. Then I didn't sleep well last night and soccer was on. Maybe next week.

Malones is the hot new spot in Louisville, so much that they’re selling them out of steak, and Lexington is the cow town?

Reactions: 80 Proof
Took the granddaughter to Venture River water park in delightful little town of Eddyville, just the two of us. A whole lot of fats(myself included), a few smoke shows which some I am fairly certain they were younger than they looked, and a bunch of meh. Oh well, wasn’t there for that.
The very first ride, lug the damn raft up what felt like 10 stories, get on facing each other, old gals asks if we are ready, gives us a shove, we go about 18 inches and drop of what had to be a 92 degree drop damn near straight down, up the other side about 40ft, back up and settle in. Scared the shit out of me the first time. I don’t easily scare on rides but I was pretty sure I was going to fly head first out of that bad boy. We rode it 6 more times.

17 total slide rides, nachos, dipping dots, countless times in the wave pool. I am now currently sitting out back, 3rd strong brown water pour of the night, worn THFO.

I’m fairly certain I won’t be able to use my right arm tomorrow. Lugging those big ass inflatable death slides up multiple layers of steps, 17 times, will wear an old man out. And that is what I am at this point, an oulde. But, we both had a blast, nice to have a day with her to myself. Will do it again but not any time soon.

lol you poor.
You can knock me for not buying a full bottle of wine, fine. I'll take that. But we were drinking cocktails before hand and my wife ordered seafood, so I wanted a glass of Cab with my steak. It was all run-of-the-mill stuff you can buy at Walgreens. At least throw in one or two pretty standard $45/bottle retail options like Jordan and charge $22 a glass or something.

Malones is the hot new spot in Louisville, so much that they’re selling them out of steak, and Lexington is the cow town?

No. Malone’s is fine based on where it is because it’s located in cookie cutter suburbia that needed a non chain option and it will crush it in that local.

I like it and the space looks dope but it won’t crack Louisville’s top 20 if we’re being honest.

No. Malone’s is fine based on where it is because it’s located in cookie cutter suburbia that needed a non chain option and it will crush it in that local.

I like it and the space looks dope but it won’t crack Louisville’s top 20 if we’re being honest.
Counterpoint: Fewer of us have to venture into that shithole you call a downtown. It will be top 15 no doubt.

Enjoy traffic, shitty restaurants and generic looking neighborhoods. Bonus points for grown men getting in fights after free concerts. Congratulations.
We have traffic because we're now the cultural and business center of Louisville. It's already happened. Hard-working families don't like looting and BLM my man. You're an Oldham Co man at heart, Richie. Come to your home.

We have traffic because we're now the cultural and business center of Louisville. It's already happened. Hard-working families don't like looting and BLM my man. You're an Oldham Co man at heart, Richie. Come to your home.

Nothing screams culture like big box stores, Olive Garden, and Red Robin. Not to mention neighborhoods with no mature trees and 3 floor plans to choose from.

Let’s face it. Richie is a gentrified, handle bar mustache sporting, antique bicycle riding, unnecessary vest wearing, craft cocktail sipping, NULU loving, arm sleeve tat rocking hipster at this point. And I love it.

PS White Wayne sucks.

Based on my experience most of the patrons along East Market are yuppy morons like myself. The lines have gotten blurred. It’s a cool area that’s unique to here and sure as heck beats sitting in some chain restaurant bar or a
BW3’s in a strip center.

• Love
Reactions: PTI (pti)
SAE is gonna (rightfully) post a pic of a teenage Pat Riley in a varsity letter jacket shortly.

Slow your roll. That’s what I’m saying.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT