ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Oscar and Kofi together with Wheeler…

My Cal PTSD just flared up again.

GDI

But how many games will Oscar get saddled with 3 fouls for being too big for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: Dwayne Camacho
I think JRowland had a good point, there may be 15 guys on the roster but, obviously, not all have the same talent and will be on the bench more than thought before this influx of talent. Dontaie Allen, good luck.

Allen got 25+ minutes in exactly 3 games, where he was actually allowed to PLAY like a normal key guy, through mistakes/misses, and settle into a game rhythm.

He scored:

...and was 15-29 from deep in those 3 games. He absolutely deserves a role on this team. We have enough shooters that we will be able to go with the hot hand, which will surely be his plenty of times if he's given the opportunity.

Allen got 25+ minutes in exactly 3 games, where he was actually allowed to PLAY like a normal key guy, through mistakes/misses, etc.

He scored:

...and was 15-29 from deep in those 3 games. He absolutely deserves a role on this team. We have enough shooters that we will be able to go with the hot hand, which will surely be his plenty of times if he's given the opportunity.
Man... F Cal. We're going to suck again this year. I'm done with this fat bastard.

It would shock the hell out of me if we don’t get Cockburn. What that means for this team, I don’t really know. Depends if Cal stays Cal or changes things up a bit.

Reactions: WayneDougan
510443.jpg

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Toppin is now 6’9” and has been working out with some renowned trainer this summer that his brother and other NBA players work with. Sounds like he’s been busting his ass working on bettering his catch and shoot skills. Dude is a crazy athlete and his little jumper coming off curls ( at UT) was one the very few bright spots for me last year. His brother, Obi, was a total late bloomer.

IM POPPIN WITH TOPPIN. RIDE OR DIE. ONNNNNNNNNNNE HUNDDDDDDREDDDDDDD PERCCCCCENNNNNT.

To say that Toppin has as high of a ceiling as anyone on the team is absolutely preposterous.

FYI: it’s hard to be a “late bloomer” when you average 14.4 points, 5.6 boards (led his team in both categories) and 1.8 assists as a freshman. Which is what Obi did. 1st team A-10, too.

Some of y’all are blind and drunk on blue juice or something.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Again, ^ this is where the game is. Having both Cockburn and Tschibwe out there trying to guard on an island is a recipe for disaster.
remember that time Dakari Johnson was getting switched up top onto Shabazz Napier in the national title game?

That was fun.

I also think it’s fun to stick needles in my pee hole so.

To say that Toppin has as high of a ceiling as anyone on the team is absolutely preposterous.

FYI: it’s hard to be a “late bloomer” when you average 14.4 points, 5.6 boards (led his team in both categories) and 1.8 assists as a freshman. Which is what Obi did. 1st team A-10, too.

For the upcoming season? We have 12 pretty evenly average college basketball players. I don't think it's preposterous at all. Who has a higher ceiling? Maybe... Brooks or Grady I guess.

Well Daimion Collins is skinny and raw and hasn’t played a game yet but is still projected as a lottery pick. Wanna start with him?

PTI literally does not watch sports anymore in favor of running, but he sure has the BoxScores on lock.

I've never seen Collins play, but his UK stats reveal he's never scored a point, grabbed a board, or blocked a shot in college. As mentioned numerous times, I'm done projecting our prospects.

Yes, Toppin's ceiling is pretty much limitless with his size, athleticism, and skillset - it's right there with anyone we have. Doesn't mean he will reach it. Do you know what a ceiling is?

Allen got 25+ minutes in exactly 3 games, where he was actually allowed to PLAY like a normal key guy, through mistakes/misses, and settle into a game rhythm.

He scored:

Didn’t Cal get run in one of those games?

PTI literally does not watch sports anymore in favor of running, but he sure has the BoxScores on lock.

I've never seen Collins play, but his UK stats reveal he's never scored a point, grabbed a board, or blocked a shot in college. As mentioned numerous times, I'm done projecting our prospects.

Yes, Toppin's ceiling is pretty much limitless with his size, athleticism, and skillset - it's right there with anyone we have. Doesn't mean he will reach it. Do you know what a ceiling is?
PTI's floor is his ceiling.

• Sad
Reactions: PTI (pti)
I played in a celebrity softball game one time where the celebrities were local news people and JD Shelburne. I felt like the people who went to go see it really didn't get their money's worth.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
Hate to say it, but Pitino would one hundred percent KILL it with the roster we have assembled (currently).
I have only a glimmer of hope with Cal's style of play.

Oscar, Keion, and Jacob Toppin are about to re-create the scene in Miracle where the team leaders are trying to convince Herb Brooks not to add the new player to the team after they have already bonded.

Of course, Cal ain't Herb Brooks and is all about his shiny new toys....especially when they are 7'0"/290.

O/U on how long it takes Cal to compare Tschibwe/Cockburn to Bowie/Turpin? First press conference.

(sigh)
Cal has no idea who Bowie/Turpin are.

Who is JD Shelburne

I only recognize JD Wentworth
In the celebrity softball game they announced him as "Country Music Star JD Shelburne". But his twitter page brags about having 34K facebook followers, so I don't think "star" is the right word.

If he’s not a top 10 pick and player of the year this year like his brother he’s definitely a failure. Might as well cut him.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT