ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it 73's birthday get-together where wcc got run from Drake's for wearing a hat?

🤣

In true GYEROMAN fashion, I don't think a single one of us stuck it for him. The consensus was basically "dude, you're 30 years old. Grow up and quit wearing a hat out to bars."

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
Was it 73's birthday get-together where wcc got run from Drake's for wearing a hat?

🤣

In true GYEROMAN fashion, I don't think a single one of us stuck it for him. The consensus was basically "dude, you're 30 years old. Grow up and quit wearing a hat out to bars."

It was. He had his patented fitted UK hat on backwards. This was when the Drake’s in St Matthews was becoming a glorified club at night so they started some dress code or something.

They told him to remove it and IIRC he got pissy and stormed out. Somebody rolled out with him. I think they posted up at Saint’s or Molly’s for a bit until everyone finished eating.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Harry’s Lansdowne was perfect location from Mt Vernon Dr to call in to-go order, drive 2 miles, drink a beer while waiting, drive 2 miles home. Total time = 20 minutes. Chicken cordon bleu minis, lexingtonian salad, extra bread. Was my go to a lot of hungover Sundays.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Other great moments in GYERO History:

* Rob rolling up to the 2011 Christmas Extrav parking his tank of a Tahoe in PTI’s front yard steps from his front door, walking in and blistering PTI for not providing free booze at the party calling him a cheap ass.

* The Christmas exchange party in 2010. PC was not the theme of the party that year.

* Anth almost kicking Drew Deener’s ass at Gerstle’s after the 2011 GYEROLYMPICS.

* The entire inaugural GYEROLYMPICS. Everything about it. Absurd.

* Wodie rapping in public at Saint’s in 2013 while watching the UK vs Auburn game and WCC becoming irate as he was “trying to get something done”.

Been thoroughly enjoying this SEC baseball tourney. Vandy-Ole Miss was great last night, plus UT got screwed yesterday on a technically correct, but BS interference call that resulted in their walk-off run being voided. Then they lost in extra innings. Love that. #1 Arkansas vs. Vandy tonight with Kumar Rocker on the mound.

* Rob rolling up to the 2011 Christmas Extrav parking his tank of a Tahoe in PTI’s front yard steps from his front door, walking in and blistering PTI for not providing free booze at the party calling him a cheap ass.

* The Christmas exchange party in 2010. PC was not the theme of the party that year.

* Anth almost kicking Drew Deener’s ass at Gerstle’s after the 2011 GYEROLYMPICS.

* Wodie rapping in public at Saint’s in 2013 while watching the UK vs Auburn game and WCC becoming irate as he was “trying to get something done”.
73 kicking the ball in anger at one of the early Gyero open gyms.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
- Drew Deener is a name I had completely forgotten about. What happened to that guy? His Twitter account has 88 followers, so he's got that going for him.

- A Lexingtonian salad actually sounds really good right about now.

- Went with a jar of Rao's last night when making family dinner. Closest I'll ever get to being SAE.

- Amazing how quickly NBA guys can get their shots off in such tight space. Easily the most fascinating thing about the current game to me. Feels like they shouldn't even be able to see the rim on half of the shots from beyond the arc, but guys like Dame and Steph make it look so easy.

- MSG and the Palestra (Philly) are the only two arenas on my sports bucket list. Are there really even any other "historic" arenas still in regular use for basketball? The Forum in Inglewood still holds concerts, but that's the only one I can think of.

• Memorial Day Ribs, icy-cold domestos and rain. Still sounds glorious.
  • Wife cleans house night before cleaning lady shows up in the morning. “Well, I want her to clean... she can’t clean through a mess!” WTF... I mean, scrub the toilets and save $120 FFS. ...
  • Contractor shot me a text saying he’s ready to address my Punch List. Sorry, chum - projects done. 1 month that dude ghosted us. GGP.
  • Doggie is recovering. Peppy puppy and eating like a Viking. Stitches out next week.
  • Went to City yesterday, people driving like road-raging assholes. Yep, it’s returning to normal. Streets looked cleaner though.
  • Across the street 29-yo. neighbor guy, and former music teacher in grammar school was busted yesterday for child sexual abuse. He’s musical! And a complete humongous freakin fruitcake. Scumbag. The article in paper dropped in that he’s 6’-5” and 300lbs. No mention of his calves, however.
  • Wife was a leave-replacement teacher this past year and is not being retained. Moms and Karen’s alike are storming the tower. Hopefully, they rethink that pisspoor decision.
  • Sixers v Jazz in finals.

🤣

If you want to outlaw hats, fine, BUT we started drinking there at 1pm. Am I not F’ing grandfathered in with my $150 tab by 7pm?

F’ing dbags. You’re in St. Matthews you pretentious pieces of shit.

I'm down for trying the finer things in life, but a 2.99 bottle of Prego Traditional with a shot of dry vermouth mixed in is better than a $8.99 bottle of Rao's.

#teamchad

You want to kick people out for baggy ass clothes sagging below their ass, cool! But a damn hat(assuming the bill is broke in and not flat), wtf?

Knob Creek twice barreled rye is solid.

Honorable Mention:

The rise and fall of the GYERO website. Should be a 30 for 30 on those 2 weeks...

*PTI's Xmas parties. When the invite says to be as non-PC as possible, you get my immediate attention.

I do hope whatever lucky soul got my gift is still being kept warm by it to this day.

*Decided to get my daughter a dog 4 or 5 weeks ago. Since it's a pup, we can't pick her up until next month. They been sending pictures each week so we can see her progress and stay emotionally invested.

Anyway, my daughter had no clue until today. My wife made her a book with all the pictures we received and included a few "can't wait to see you" types of quotes. SHE FELL APART. Cried tears of joy for 20 minutes. #gooddadday

*PTI's Xmas parties. When the invite says to be as non-PC as possible, you get my immediate attention.

I do hope whatever lucky soul got my gift is still being kept warm by it to this day.

*Decided to get my daughter a dog 4 or 5 weeks ago. Since it's a pup, we can't pick her up until next month. They been sending pictures each week so we can see her progress and stay emotionally invested.

Anyway, my daughter had no clue until today. My wife made her a book with all the pictures we received and included a few "can't wait to see you" types of quotes. SHE FELL APART. Cried tears of joy for 20 minutes. #gooddadday
So what kind of dog is it, Bernie?

After hearing about the circus that took place last Saturday night after the concert with the after party at K NED’s house involving a fight, the police being called and UL football coaches I think I’ll pass.
That's all in the North Village where Bernie lives. You and the Mrs. are South Village people. The trees are bigger on this side too.

Gyerolympics were so much fun. I don’t seem to recall any near fights, but details were blurry.

Pti Christmas party was an all timer. Still have the witness picture. I miss that house, think I smashed in every room.

Looking back, blasting Motörhead down the Watterson in speeds only your classic Jag could achieve on the way out of the Nation may have been a questionable decision. Everything else that day was definitely on point.

10 year anniversary is July 23rd. Who's achilles, shoulders, liver and ego are up for a repeat?

Last edited:
Would definitely have to eliminate the 40yd dash. The home run derby didn't really work, that could go. Who on here could actually do a pull up? Throw that out. The 1/2 mile should probably go as well.

We'd really have to rethink things so we don't end up krazy-ing ourselves.

Maybe sub in a horsey handicapping contest.

Reactions: wcc31 and Bonzo Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT