ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thumper!

On Tuesday, after cleaning her apt, my 87 yo Aunt Joan dropped by a mint 1989 fraternity party Tshirt I designed. Us and SAE’s with “Exquisite Fashion” as the Band. 🤭

Those dudes thought they were on a one way trip to stardom. Bless their hearts.

Reactions: rudd1 and SAECATFAN
Would definitely have to eliminate the 40yd dash. The home run derby didn't really work, that could go. Who on here could actually do a pull up? Throw that out. The 1/2 mile should probably go as well.

We'd really have to rethink things so we don't end up krazy-ing ourselves.

Maybe sub in a horsey handicapping contest.
Agree. Since basketball is the topic we talk about most, then we should include more basketball events.

Would definitely have to eliminate the 40yd dash. The home run derby didn't really work, that could go. Who on here could actually do a pull up? Throw that out. The 1/2 mile should probably go as well.

We'd really have to rethink things so we don't end up krazy-ing ourselves.

Maybe sub in a horsey handicapping contest.
Work in one of these contests from bowl season:

Screen-Shot-2017-12-02-at-3.51.35-PM-e1512247949212.png

Lakeday shorts-

Took the boy fishing with my parents today. Caught a nice little mess of fish so they can have a fish fry this weekend.

Forgot a hat, didnt use sunscreen, got burnt

Thinking about doing some ribs for memorial day.

Drakes is good for lunch and happy hour. Food is okay, prices are high, crowd is pretentious... is what it is.

Great GYERO moments has to include 73 ordering a scotch egg at Molly's late one night while we were all throwing down.

I love Ja Morant. One of my favorite non-UK guys in a while.

Back down to pre-covid weight. Just getting started bro!

Sad to hear about Sawyer's closing. I've had a lot of burgers there before UK games over the years.

Friday eve, go on and get some!

TBH, I'd much prefer just together as a big crew and drink some cold beer. Make fun of each other and shit. With all the kids in gyero getting everyone a full day/night off is going to be a tough ask.
It's a perfect spot for that too. We could have a monster game of HORSE.

I believe it was Rob talking shit. You were your usual happy-go-lucky pre-COVID self.

It wasn't me dumbfocks, Deener was my classmate at StX, know him well. I remember Anth and someone coming out of the bathroom and saying anth was talking shit to Deener, but the guy wouldn't admit he was Deener.

Reactions: wcc31
1) free throw contest
2) longest drive
3) closest to the pin
4) 100m dash
5) most push-ups in a minute
6) most sit-ups in a minute
7) football accuracy throw (dr pepper challenge)
8) punt, pass, and kick contest
9) chugging 1 beer
10) 6-12-18-24

Okay I’m stuck on 9 real events. But it needs to happen. I think we raised like $1-2,000 for the Cancer Ride.

Edit: suicide drill w/or w/out a basketball

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
Specifically remember Rob talking smack to Deener, then bragging about it exhaustively afterwards. One of you hoes go track down those posts down. I don’t remember a near fight involved, but more like “I’ve known that dude since high school and went up and told him Louisville sucks.” Pretty underwhelming to everyone but him. But it definitely happened.

Ladder situation = brain damage

Reactions: 80 Proof
-Spent the morning on the phone with the VA trying to get home health set up for my old man. He is still “capable” of taking care of himself but better to get the ball rolling. What a PITA.

-Spent another hour trying to unclog all of the dayum ear wax that has built up in his ears. Damn things are clogged. 2, 20 minute, trips to his house to pour hydrogen peroxide and water in them, which doesn’t seem to be working out very well. Going to try the ear candle trick tomorrow.

-I’m sure newborns are a job, never had one, but man taking care of an elderly parent has to be up there. Taking care of my mom for 2.5 years with ALS was hard but I swear the old man is on another level. Takes his medicine when he feels like it, showers when he feels like it, wears the same clothes however many days he feels like it, doesn’t throw shit away, etc. Oh well, like I always say he wiped my butt plenty of times, circle of life and shit.

-Got the yard mowed. Like doing it on Thursday so it looks nice and don’t have to do it on the weekend. Horizontal in the front, vertical in the back. Getting a nice diamond look.

-Chicken Stir-Fry on the Blackstone along with a brown water or two in the freshly cut back yard. Also, my neighbor apparently has busted out his bagpipes and is playing “Amazing Grace”. Not a much better tune when played correctly, and this ole boy is good.

Nice way to finish of the day.

So the old man neighbor, who plays the bagpipes, came over and I talked him into playing a few tunes. Sure enough a few other neighbors show up and he is putting on a show.

Turns out my next door neighbor plays drums so he grabs an old wash tub I’ve got laying around and a pair of wooden spoons from my kitchen and joins in. Amazing Grace, Scotland the Brave, Dawning of the Day and a few Scottish/Irish marches. Once they got in sync it was pretty incredible. Just a group of neighbors, sans masks, enjoying each other’s company. Then the storms clouds rolled in and put an end to pretty cool evening. I know I’m an oulde and I DGAF.

-sporting clays* and fly casting would be nice age appropriate additions.

* @HUBER has a nice 5 stand setup, iirc.

-sae's Calcutta fundraiser idea is great. Lotta fun, opportunity to talk shit. Used to participate in one that started in my buddy's basement and ended up in the back room of the tulip...the prices got stupid in the end, as some pro gambler types started to use it as an opportunity to hedge bets. I stopped going when 1 seeds started going for 3k+...and I heard it got worse until the original dudes just shitcanned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HUBER
It wasn't me dumbfocks, Deener was my classmate at StX, know him well. I remember Anth and someone coming out of the bathroom and saying anth was talking shit to Deener, but the guy wouldn't admit he was Deener.

Pretty confident in my memory that evening, bud. I only had 75 Millers Lite in 97 degree heat at BonzoNation that day.

Reactions: UKRob 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT