ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Richie so fully embrace his Nulu loving hipster vibe. Don’t be surprised if you see him riding to work on an antique bicycle sporting a long beard and an unnecessary vest with a typewriter in his basket. Cheers!

I still refuse to patron Garage Bar. I find the staff at West 6th and Ten 20 to be very pleasant. They also have the right mind to employ some smoke and not some snot nosed arm sleeved asshole trying to lecture me on craft beer.

I'm not 100% sure I'd take the Rickie bet. He's pretty damn overrated generally, and he's not someone I'm certain will ever win a Major.

His fans are still riding on his magical 2014-15 seasons. He hasn't shown any consistency whatsoever the last few years that would show he can even sniff a Sunday title at a major. Many others ahead of him at this stage in the "next to win" category.

-nice to see the crowds at the PGA. Fine with Phil...koepka has always struck me as a bitch, whatevs.

-fancy cocktail shindig Friday night in honor of some folks that are moving to Sea Island. Got to visit with folks I haven't seen in a bit*. Twas nice. Devolved into a drunken urologist and gastroenterologist telling "emergency room stories", people put lots of odd stuff in their butts and dongs, gang.

*is pinhook good bourbon? Buddy from back in the day is the proprietor.

-chad...the chicken livers are the best thing on the menu at heirloom.

-outdoor tennis Saturday(clay) and Sunday. 3rd set yesterday was a challenge, loved every minute of it.

^got home and had a cramp in my right quad *and* right calf. They don't make a stretch for that.

-basement studio/gym getting *real* close to completion.

-yardwork sat am. Pleased to discover a "volunteer" redbud tree has taken root near the ac compressors

Seriously doubt Chad is a chicken livers kind of guy. Very High in cholesterol too. Fried chicken is the GOAT at Heirloom.

I am not a fan of Pinhook bourbon. Very young, maybe as it ages will give another shot. Cawood probably worships.

Pinhook isn’t bad but hasn’t had that “OMG the nerds will love this shit” release yet.

On a different note, I had some Fiddler’s “something or other” brand this weekend and I got to say I was impressed. They make their own oak staves so instead of “toasting” they can create their own unique finishing flavor.

Richie going to Louisville FC games

Richie's next evolution

LCFC2.jpeg

Look… As a 42 year old man surrounded by high strung estrogen at the home when provided the opportunity to take in a live sporting event with some buddies knowing the ice cold domestos will be flowing coupled with some PGA action on a patio beforehand you do it.

I’m a soccer simpleton but the atmosphere at the new stadium is really cool.

Richie going to Louisville FC games and embracing NULU is definitely an upset, but I think thats just a standard evolution- plenty of others are on the same path. Its when you see him show up to a meeting wearing fun-socks that we'll know something is a bit off.

Or really any socks Memorial Day-Labor Day.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Look… As a 42 year old man surrounded by high strung estrogen at the home when provided the opportunity to take in a live sporting event with some buddies knowing the ice cold domestos will be flowing coupled with some PGA action on a patio beforehand you do it.

That stadium is dope af. I need to check it out.

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Welp, I guess I'm in a facebook beef with the Lighthouse Bakery on Dauphin Island, Alabama. Lass and I went there yesterday afternoon. It was 90+ degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and humid af. We got a couple pastries, and a couple iced coffees. We got the pastries.......and two hot coffees with ice put in them. 🤣 🤮

I'm absolutely baffled by this, that a successful pastry/breakfast/coffee shop doesn't know how to make an iced coffee. Particularly in an area where the average year round temperature is probably 80 degrees.

Review:

me = Pastries were great, but it was 90 degrees outside and we ordered iced coffee. We got drip coffee that was cooled down with ice. I’m no coffee snob, but goodness. That’s bad. Surely they don’t think that’s the same thing.....do they??

them = Good morning! So glad you enjoyed our pastries.
❤
If you'd like an extra cold coffee beverage, we do serve blended frozen Frappuccino drinks. We don't serve Cold brew coffee. However, iced coffee is in fact just that, drip coffee over ice.
🤷‍♀️
We hope to serve you again during your next visit.

(then linked this wikipedia page: iced coffee definition)

me = Lighthouse Bakery, LLP oh my goodness thank you for linking a Wikipedia page. I appreciate the enlightenment from such a knowledgeable source!! So how about this? Taking hot coffee and adding ice is disgusting. Your coffee was gross. So despite Wikipedia offering multiple options, I suggest you follow suit with every other legitimate coffee shop in the world I’ve ever visited and actually make an iced coffee. Your way is disgusting.

So anyways. They should tell every other coffee shop in America how to make iced coffee. 3 stars.

I always felt the Euro soccer houligans would be more likely to adopt real football (i.e., gridiron football), as opposed to our undesirables (e.g., the weirdos who dress up for Louisville FC games) getting so into soccer. Soccer’s a cool sport and all, but it truly lacks the violence of football. And for those psychotic wackos over in Europe should be all in on a sport based on advancing into your opponent’s territory while physically dominating them.

Soccer, for viewing, is great because it comes on in the morning, flick between that and Euro golf. Sets up well for afternoon of pro or college football, golf, baseball, etc. Live soccer, in US, with inferior product, not so much.

I think PTI should have ordered a cold brew. And I am on PTI’s side on this one. Who the f would want hot coffee poured over ice, so the coffee shop needs to show some goddamn common sense.

A little research around the community and Fisher Homes bought this property.

Cheap ass vinyl homes sheathed in cardboard which is so weak an average sized fella could punch straight through past the drywall, easily.

And that’s what is going up instead of a distillery!

MF’er!

*Great weekend. Good to see Wayne, The Beans, Mike, and the Berry's.

*Still feeling the effects of Saturday night. The concert was awesome, I think. I spent most of my time jumping from one tent to another.

*Post concert got a little fuzzy. Went to a street party that ended up with 20 of us drinking bourbon in the basement of Kevin Harned. Super cool dude.

*While down there someone comes down saying there was a fight in the alley. I mean, come on. I'm pretty red, but I also know I'm 45. Someone would have to threaten my family for me to SCRAP again. Hard to believe it happened, but there were UL FB coaches there...so who knows.

*I want nothing more than to stay home tonight. Ain't happening. MIL wants to take us to Capt. Quarters. Normally, I'd be all in. Not so much today.

*Phil. My favorite golfer (documeted) for 20 years or so. Was an awesome sight.

I can relate to PTI’s dilemma. Ordered a hot ice cream cone and they just waved a blow dryer over it.:chairshot: The sadistic bastards know you have to let the sun melt it and then put it in the cone.

-only left one bad internet review in my life: sushi joint in Chicago. Not a good experience. I remember this line: "it has the ambiance/vibe of a gay disco in Las Vegas."

Clearly very few of you have emptied the contents of the coffee pot into a 32 oz cup full of ice and drank it.

Let me tell you, as this is the staple after mowing the lawn and it's already 95 degrees by 9 am here - it tastes the same but you can drink it faster and not get all extry hot inside.

The people who where on the winning side of the bet, how many of you actually thought Phil would be the one to seal the deal ? I would think most figured Tiger would.

I would be on the side of Ricky does NOT win a major bet, but not because of where his game is NOW, look at Phil's game and current ranking going into the PGA. He was falling fast and was a mess. My favorite golfer and yesterday was just a amazing day to just sit back and watch. Not going to lie, I thought he was going to choke it away after the end of round 3, blowing the 5 shot lead, then again after #1 yesterday, and again after 13. Dude made me nervous a a whore in church.

I am glad it was Koepka he was paired with and beat. Dude is a little bitch, he talked shit about DJ and the other guys on top of the leader board last time he was in contention. And like yesterday, he got washed like a dirty dish. Could not have happened to a bigger asshole, hope he never contends for another major, loathe the hell out of him. Hey Brooks, how does Phil's nuts taste ? He drug them all over you Saturday and Sunday.

It would really be an amazing story and hopefully he would ride off into the sunset if Phil was to get the ever elusive US Open he has been chasing every since he blew it at Winged Foot in 2006, up 2 shots with 3 holes to play.(it would have been his 3rd consecutive Major win after taking forever to win his 1st) I would think it would be safe to say, he would trade ALL of his major wins for ONE US Open. He finished 2nd six times, blew another win in 2004 at Shinnecock Hills, leading until the 17th hole, a par 3 in which he double bogeyed by 3 putting from five feet.

Bernie left a review for a former boss on his way out the door/being fired, telling him he was “half a phag.”

10+ years later I still don’t know what it means, and yet it’s still an outstanding put down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT