ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a bag of Cheetos, chocolate milk, skittles, and a pound of beef.....make an entree, you have 30 minutes....GO!
I love the ones where it's like, "here's some obscure fruit only 0.0003% of the global population has ever heard of", and when the contestant goes before the judges they get feedback like, "ooh, you're chopped because when you cook with this little known fruit, you need to extract the microscopic seeds otherwise they'll kill anybody who hasn't built up natural immunity to them".

Reactions: roguemocha
YAGpXPd.png

I know nobody cares about UKnonbasketballnonfootballsucka, but Mitch's last two coaching decisions...

- Take the interim tag off the women's coach even though she had yet to demonstrate that she was ready to lead a Top 25 program, and subsequently went 9-6 in conference and bowed out in the round of 32 despite having the greatest player in program history.

- Extend the contract of the baseball coach who hasn't made the NCAA Tournament since 2017 and hasn't reached .500 in SEC play since then.

Were the Soviets complete pussies to America back in the day? Or is this just an American-I-want-to-get-paid thing?

Notes from an aspiring Barista......

- took a random/last minute getaway weekend. wanted to take the dog, and also had to stay fairly close by. Saturday we were in Fairhope, Alabama, which is shockingly one of the nicer small towns I've ever seen in my life. Sunday we drove down to Dauphin Island, which has all the geographic ability of Key West, it's just a million times sleepier.

- Chap Stick power rankings: #1 = the one that comes in the green tube.

- My only regret about The Bet, obvi, is that I didn't set the o/u much higher. Not just because I lost, but because I could have thrown out 5 or 6 or 7 just on Tiger alone back in 2011 and still found some action. Oh well. Ten freaking years.

- Mags and OVW = that guy worked his ass off and struck gold with KSR. So now he's 40ish, and probably doesn't have "never has to work again" money, but likely does have "doesn't have to work very hard" money. Every single one of us should be aiming to achieve a point in our lives that we can work for pure pleasure as opposed to necessity. It's why old men happily make $8/hour at the golf course or the hardware store. Only he owns a gd pro wrestling league. So freaking cool.

- A couple major updates just happened in kiddie sports. #1 = Oak Hill/IMG/La Lumiere/Sunrise Christian/Wasatch and 1 unannounced squad just formed a high school super league. #2 = Scoot Henderson is skipping his senior season to go to the G League. The NCAA is done, y'all.

- krazy --> your Bitcoinstonk is down 50% in a week. Sorry, bub.

- is UKDallas/chiefpaduke alive? SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY.

- Man, Kentucky is gonna be SOOOO hype in 3 weeks when that mask mandate gets lifted. Hang in there, guys. You can see the finish line!!!

- Penis.

-sucking communist Chinese c*ck appears to be very lucrative.

-on another note Jaimie Lee Curtis looks to be in great shape for her age.

Last edited:
Meh UK women's coach did OK, they where 16-7 in the regular season. 5 of 7 losses on the road, home losses to Ole Miss and South Carolina (no shame there, they went 26-5 and lost on a last second shot in the final 4.)
The greatest women's player ever did not carry her team in 5 of the losses :
@Depaul - 18 points - 2/8 from 3, 6 TO's, team shot 6/24 from 3, 23 TO's. Not coaches fault.
@UT - 14 points on 5/22 (23%) shooting.
@Ole Miss - 26 points, but 7/26 FG and 2/10 3FG.
@South Carolina - 12 points - 2/11 FG, 2/8 3FG
Ole Miss - 21 points, but 6/25 FG, 0/5 3FG.

In the loss to Iowa UK was horrible in the first half. Down 49-22 (not coaches fault and Howard didn't do shit)
1st qtr. - 4/22 FG 1/6 3FG (11 points) Howard 2 pts. on 2 FT's
2nd qtr. - 4/15 FG 1/7 3FG (11 points) Howard 5 pts. 2 FT's / 1 3 pointer
Combined 8/37 (22%) FG 2/13 3FG (16%) Howard 7 pts. (4 FT's / 1 3FG) I FG in the whole first half, ONE.

3rd qtr. 8/18 (40%) 2/7 3FG (28%) Howard 7 pts. 2 FT's / 3FG / layup

After 3 quarters UK down 70-46 Howard did score 7 in the 3rd qtr. but all ready down 27 before 2nd half started.
So thru 3 quarters she had 14 points - 2 3FG's / 1 layup / 6 FT's. 3 total FG's in the first 3 quarters combined. So as great as Rhyne Howard is, she was actually responsible, or a big part of many of the losses, can't put it all on the coach, but when your leader, best player plays bad, hard to fault the coach. She was responsible for a ton of the wins, but also most of the losses. Jesus, I wasted 15 minutes with this useless garbage.

Meh UK women's coach did OK, they where 16-7 in the regular season. 5 of 7 losses on the road, home losses to Ole Miss and South Carolina (no shame there, they went 26-5 and lost on a last second shot in the final 4.)
The greatest women's player ever did not carry her team in 5 of the losses :
@Depaul - 18 points - 2/8 from 3, 6 TO's, team shot 6/24 from 3, 23 TO's. Not coaches fault.
@UT - 14 points on 5/22 (23%) shooting.
@Ole Miss - 26 points, but 7/26 FG and 2/10 3FG.
@South Carolina - 12 points - 2/11 FG, 2/8 3FG
Ole Miss - 21 points, but 6/25 FG, 0/5 3FG.

In the loss to Iowa UK was horrible in the first half. Down 49-22 (not coaches fault and Howard didn't do shit)
1st qtr. - 4/22 FG 1/6 3FG (11 points) Howard 2 pts. on 2 FT's
2nd qtr. - 4/15 FG 1/7 3FG (11 points) Howard 5 pts. 2 FT's / 1 3 pointer
Combined 8/37 (22%) FG 2/13 3FG (16%) Howard 7 pts. (4 FT's / 1 3FG) I FG in the whole first half, ONE.

3rd qtr. 8/18 (40%) 2/7 3FG (28%) Howard 7 pts. 2 FT's / 3FG / layup

After 3 quarters UK down 70-46 Howard did score 7 in the 3rd qtr. but all ready down 27 before 2nd half started.
So thru 3 quarters she had 14 points - 2 3FG's / 1 layup / 6 FT's. 3 total FG's in the first 3 quarters combined. So as great as Rhyne Howard is, she was actually responsible, or a big part of many of the losses, can't put it all on the coach, but when your leader, best player plays bad, hard to fault the coach. She was responsible for a ton of the wins, but also most of the losses. Jesus, I wasted 15 minutes with this useless garbage.
Gaf

- Man touch MLB and their arcane blackout rules. Pay for the season pass and can't watch this epic Reds v. Nats series because the River City apparently falls in the Queen City's market.

As Maggie O'Hooligan said, "tanks fur nuthin'!"

- Stopped by the rents to check out the old mans new grill and Christ are the cicadas on another level in the Highlands. Sitting outside and you can barely hear the hair metal over their mating calls.

- Rewatching Deadwood for the umpteenth time. Pound for pound one of the best series ever made.

- Who are the BatCats alumni that can pull Mitch aside and the light with Mingione? Might be time to call those illuminaries in.

- Heritage Hills is a beautiful course. Too bad it is secluded away down in Shepherdsville. Have to think it'd be a go-to spot in Jefferson Co.

- Was down at the Evan Williams distillery two weeks ago and while Nulu may be humming, the area around the Galt House, which seems to be choice real estate, had enough plywood and FOR RENT signs to raise and eyebrow.

- Nice little Memorial Weekend on tap with some kayaking and Seviche Saturday, Landsdowne with my Montclair buddy Sunday and tee time Monday.

God bless the start of a normal summer!

Windscribe VPN Bonzo. Not sure how much it costs anymore but works like a dream. Just connect to server in Dallas and watch all the Reds baseball you want!

Gets very seriously overlooked: the National Champion UK Rifle Coach was also moonlighting as the head bartender at Two Keys Tavern when we were in school. Not sure about his current employment status, as that’s been — ugh — 20 years.

Love that guy.

That's what happens when you have a 5 year, $35 million contract for a player who's been a net-neutral at worst for most of his career. That contract was one of the best values in the NBA and with the amount of absurdly bad contracts out there, led to him being an easily tradeable asset.

I’ve gotten maybe 2 reds games all year. On the flip side, I’ve basically gotten every Braves game. My oldest is a full on Braves fan now, and I can’t blame him. Those dudes are just fun. So many kid friendly superstars in the league right now. Acuna, Tatis, Judge, Ohtani, Machado, Mookie, Lindor. Best crop in several years imo

It’s strange how strange not wearing a mask into the Kroger’s felt. Kept in my pocket (just in case) but once I noticed 90% of the store employees weren’t wearing them I realized we did it. We beat f*cken covid man.

My 9yr old hit a game tying triple, then stole home to win our game tonight. Got rushed by his teammates at the plate. Today was also his last day of 4th grade. Then he went and watched his girlfriend play softball. Came home, ate some ice cream and played wiffle ball. He doesn’t even realize it but his life just won’t get any better. Almost feel sad for him.

I highly recommend Hey Dudes for your next casual summer shoe. It’s all the rage right now. Cricket probably knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT