ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream Theater has a cover of Achilles Last Stand (which is also my favorite Zep) that’ll blow your hair back. The Immigrant Song cover by Karen O/Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross done for Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is also one of my top 10 fav covers all time.

/zeppelin (spell it right, you goons)

Led Zeppelin ugh...

Haven't been able to listen to them in YEARS. Fatigue from constantly hearing them, being force fed them on WKQQ, enduring constant talk about them and how great they were (they weren't, Page was sloppy as hell, and ponderous)

And don't get me started on that self-indulgent piece of sh*t song, Stairway to Heaven. It's even worse than Freebird. (vomit)

an over-hyped blues cover band, like one might find at a local dive bar, or bowling alley
Wat? Sorry but unfollowed 😂

Reactions: HymanKaplan
*Food trucks last night was packed. Great weather, great people, and good music.

Anecdotal evidence points to people being done with masks. Very few were wearing them while waiting to order food or beer. Felt great.

I feel the Derby got this movement going full speed ahead. Thousands of unmasked people outside having a great time with no increase in positivity rates.

*Matt, a guy on my street was wondering if you brought him up on KSR yesterday because he said his phone was blowing up. He's your blazer guy, Jimbo.

*Father/daughter dance tonight. It's a great time to put on a suit jacket and stand against the wall while she plays with her friends.

*Still not vaccinated. At this point, I'd need to be convinced as to why I should. Seriously, open to hearing something I haven't thought of.

It isn't political either. Wasn't a fan when Trump got the vaccination fast tracked nor am I now that Biden is telling us the same thing.

Glad to see Willy and I had a similar night winning things in an auction. I think I own a field at ELL now with how many silent auction baskets I won. :oops:

No mask policy in effect at the gala. Good times. Felt like normal.

Anth did not win the Pappy raffle. According to TMFH, some guy who doesn’t drink won it.

Saturday morning randoms...

- Spent yesterday afternoon soaking up some of that sweet vitamin D by pressure washing the pool area and getting it ready for Memorial Day weekend fun. I don't know what it is but there is something visually appealing about seeing dirt and grime wash away under the water pressure. We purchased one of those small Ryobi pressure washers several years ago and it does a great job with what we need it to do.

- I'm not crazy yard or landscaping dude but I planted a small Japanese Maple about 15 years ago and it is absolutely huge and gorgeous right now. Planted another one about 2 years ago and it's doing well at the moment.

- Second all of the Zeppelin love. Been my favorite since I was a teenager but I can understand the clown's fatigue. Tesla does a fantastic cover of The Ocean which is a top 5 Zep song IMHO.

- Does it mean I eat too much Waffle House breakfast if I roll in there on Saturday or Sunday morning and the cook starts my food before I have ordered? Standard 2 eggs, toast, bacon and a double order of hash browns covered, diced, capped and peppered.

- We definitely don't deserve dogs. We put down 4 pets in one year about 5 years ago and hoo boy that was a tough year. Man enough to admit there were tears for all of them. Had quite the bill that year at BVS.

- Home renovation is just about complete. Just waiting on a new storm door to finish and hopefully this will keep the wife happy for the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:
My primary motivation for getting it was that I spend time with old and feeble relatives who refuse to get the shot and the virus would kill them. I know this is the “don’t kill grandma” motivation that was annoying as hell from the media, but it was the most effective for me, and it’s really only for my own grandparents. tbh everyone else can get pumped.

I also read about the mRNA tech and it’s AMAZING. Digging into the science helped me feel a lot more comfortable with the speed of the product launch. Most meds don’t have a bunch of test subjects right out of the gate, or that much funding (unfortunately). I get the flu shot every year anyway, and that’s developed for a new viral variant all the time too. So Marcus.

If Biden wants everyone to be vaccinated, he should start telling everyone not to get vaccinated.
Not that simple. Blacks have been vaccinated less than others. Pretty sure the majority of that group aren't right wingers.

The same group has the highest "wait and see" population. Where I am, atm.

However, to your point, Republicans and Evangelicals make up the majority of people responding they will never take the shot. Not sure how you change their minds.

GO ANDY, GO!!

Some of the most hard core liberal towns in the entire US have said basically “we’ll go along with the CDC so we’re going to full reopen status”.

I’m not wearing a mask unless the establishment requires me to. The SCIENCE says if you’re vaccinated you shouldn’t have to. It’s pointless. Period. Not to mention if you catch Covid you have 99.9% chance of surviving if you’re not vaccinated. That’s a fact.

I’m fng done with it. If anyone disagrees and they want to stay inside or keep wearing masks, that’s there right. So be it. But it’s time to get on with our lives. Oh, hey, Andy, GO TOUCH YOURSELF YOU PUSSY BITCH.

I picked a good weekend to come to Nashville, it’s like a wonderland down here packed to the brim with smiling faces.

I had a mask with me originally just in case and lost it at some point and it won’t even matter. Even the hipster breakfast place with an LGTB flag in the window said they were following the CDC.

- Deciding which Titans game to go to this year and it’s either KC on 10/24, or 49ers on 12/23. Is Nashville a shopping town, at all? Never here much about it other than the constant party.

- In a few hours a pork butt is going on the smoker. Apple/Honey dry rub, with apple pellets smoke. Should make for a great lunch Sunday with Memphis/Golden State playing to see who gets the lakers.

- Hoping to figure out a dinner spot for tonight. Volare and Lou Lou have run their course and we need something new/different.

- Distillery proposal is submitted to the bank. Stayed local and have local politics on my side too! Wife is on pins and needles, but I’ve worked so hard to get to this point I don’t even give a shit now. Felt some power bigger than me pulling me this way since it started, so up to them to finish it now.

- All this rock talk and no mention of Lynryd Skynryd? Guess I’m the only southerner in here.

- Grass is cut, and now the whole neighborhood who cut there grass Tuesday/Wednesday obviously just watched the news for weather as they are mostly at it again.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn’t get the OVW purchase? Would love to know the details of the transaction.... I’m assuming it has to be one of those “buy extremely low” purchases and flip in a few years.

Wickered chicken thighs for dinner tonight. Gonna sous vide the thighs in the sauce, then sear them on the grill.

Getting ready to mow the yard. Mowed it Monday, but this is grass growing season. Krazy would appreciate my yard skills.

I thought it went without saying that bands like The LZep and LSkyn are all timers?

Wonder who Stoops is going to put in Nashville to recruit with Clink gone. We already have a couple of 4 star commits and a lot of other interested potential talent there now. Summerall is my first guess.

Stayed in with the kids so the better half could get out with friends last night. One bourbon and bed before 11, I'm old. Still woke up groggy for 7am bottle.

Will be rolling into HHI about this time 4 weeks from today. First stop, a blacked mahi sandwich and pina colada from Frosty Frogs for lunch.

I bet Medina Spirit doesn't get top 4 today. Won't have the chemical boost with all the eyes watching.

Today feels like a Budweiser and whiskey sort of day. Yall have a good'n!

Not that simple. Blacks have been vaccinated less than others. Pretty sure the majority of that group aren't right wingers.

The same group has the highest "wait and see" population. Where I am, atm.

However, to your point, Republicans and Evangelicals make up the majority of people responding they will never take the shot. Not sure how you change their minds.
I was joking, buddy.

• Wow
Reactions: BernieSadori
If Biden wants everyone to be vaccinated, he should start telling everyone not to get vaccinated.

Sorry about your lab, Duffy. If it’s any consolation, I’m glad he died in his sleep rather than in a fire.

Reactions: HHKAT
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT