ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the media and academics are full of lefties for the same reason business and the military are full of righties - because that’s what their wiring/aptitudes lead them to. Nothing really conspiratorial about it. I’m sure it annoys people but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
I used to think everyone in wealth management was a righty, but after a decade working in DC, that's far from the norm.

Bizarre thing about our economy is everyone needs money. Those who have a lot of it prefer financial advice from folks with a similar mindset and outlook on life as them, so they tend to mirror their clients.

As I'm sure you could understand a lot of wealthy liberals out there and they aren't going to listen to a FNC viewer give them financial advice, even if their strategies have a proven 13% lifetime return.

I think the media and academics are full of lefties for the same reason business and the military are full of righties - because that’s what their wiring/aptitudes lead them to. Nothing really conspiratorial about it. I’m sure it annoys people but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
I wouldn't care that the media is made up of 90 plus percent leftists. But they ARE supposed to be, you know, journalists. Which they're not. By a long shot...

-100%. The problem is the disproportionate weight we give to opinions from academics and the media...as if they *are* inherent truth.

-a more interesting aspect of your post is the notion that lefties don't really *do* anything...just talk/analysis/critique...whilst the righties protect our freedoms and drive the economy, interesting.

-100%. The problem is the disproportionate weight we give to opinions from academics and the media...as if they *are* inherent truth.

-a more interesting aspect of your post is the notion that lefties don't really *do* anything...just talk/analysis/critique...whilst the righties protect our freedoms and drive the economy, interesting.
"Doctor" (lol) Kolb thinks we should keep wearing masks.

But that’s all a matter of perspective - again, wiring/aptitudes. Does “productivity” equal “value” or “worth”? To many, yes. To many others, no. Shrug.

Last edited:
Bezos, Gates, Jobs, Buffett, Brin, Dorsey, Musk, Zuckerberg - some of the largest or most profitable businesses in the US, one's that have a monopoly on their sector that's reached harmful levels, were started and run by folks that aren't really pillars of the conservative community.

What I'm saying is, everyone likes money. That's why they call it money.

The way I interpret it, we're following the 'vaccinated people don't need to wear masks' guidance immediately and removing the full mask mandate for everyone on June 11. It's still ridiculous, but the delay until June doesn't really mean shit from a practical standpoint. Continued capacity restrictions are another story...

* Hey QAnonzo Cat, I went down a Led Zep covers wormhole yesterday and thought of you.

4 Non Blondes cover of Misty Mountain Hop is fantastic. I also saw a Van Halen live cover of Rock & Roll that I hadn't seen before.

Led Zeppelin is the best rock band of all-time and I don't think that is debatable.

Some of the music takes on here in the past week were ignorant at best.

The Rolling Stones are fantastic.

* Oh, Andy. LOL. My Buckeye governor is giving me a million dollars since I got vaccinated.

* Do we still need to get vaccinated if we injected bleach in our bloodstream or if we know that the covid-19 virus goes away when it gets warm out? #DoctorsAreSurprisedAtHowMuchIKnow

* Anybody not getting vaccinated is an asshole and slowing down the process of making this shit go away, but it is time to open everything back up. Old Folks homes, hospitals, etc should be the exception. But, put me in Commonwealth (Kroger). Put me in Rupp. Open the doors like Elsa in Frozen (without the eternal winter).

* I think Hardy is a pipe dream and the odds of Jackson coming back are minuscule. But what about Mintz? I'd like for that dude to be able to experience a real Kentucky MBB season.

* This time next week, I'll be nailing a 50-yr old. How did I get so old so fast?

* I'm probably shooting a commercial in Midway mother-effing Kentucky later this year. Going to Nashville/Franklin, Traverse City, MI & Seattle/Tacoma as well.

* My wife insisted on this little cat-door attachment for our sliding patio screen door. It's been up one day and 2 decapitated birds and a chipmunk have already been left in front of it as gifts to the Gods.

* Gonna have 50 maskless people at my house next Saturday. Probably Brisket and pulled pork. I'm going to need one helluva baked potato bar.

* Cheers, internet friends. Have a good Friday.

Someone on here used the word evolve for classic artists, which is what makes them great.
The Who went from Can't Explain to Won't Get Fooled Again to Who Are You
Stones across the board, a lot of songs sounded like Honly Tonk Woman but you had Gimme Shelter, Heartbreaker, Sympathy etc,.
Zep went from Whole Lotta Love to Rock and Roll to Fool in the Rain, with some folk stuff mixed in.
They evolved and still sounded great. Peace and have a good weekend.

* Hey QAnonzo Cat, I went down a Led Zep covers wormhole yesterday and thought of you.

4 Non Blondes cover of Misty Mountain Hop is fantastic. I also saw a Van Halen live cover of Rock & Roll that I hadn't seen before.

Led Zeppelin is the best rock band of all-time and I don't think that is debatable.
Add this Alice in Chains cover of Kashmir to the top of your viewing list and enjoy, if that’s possible for a Marxist, pinko bootlicker.

Take your FoxNews bullshit to the F’ing FoxNews wackjob thread pinned at the top.

You MFers sit here and bitch about the Kyle Tuckers yet do the same thing- use good news for our country- be it later than you would have like or not - as an opportunity to spread your one-way bullshit.

It’s the same F’ing thing and I’m not surprised in the least ol’ Middle-of-the-Road Anth is right there stirring it up.

Have you heard about lumber prices? Your side doing anything to remedy that any time soon because this shit is insane!

I don't care that you have a different opinion and welcome it. You've said a lot of dumb shit I disagree with like "the Reds are awesome!" or "Cincy > Louisville" or "Pearl Jam's best song is Betterman" (it's Porch).

I just digest it, shurg it off and shift to topics we both agree on like bourbon or short, stacked & classies.

TF? Nothingman is Pearl Jam’s best song with Porch a solid #2. Betterman lol

Reactions: chitown87
Friday 5 that remind me of other posters:
Ride Captain Ride-Blues Image (73)
Simple Man-Skynard (80)
I Wish-Skee Lo (BBdk)
Mo Murda-Bone (Killa)
House of the Rising Sun-The Animals (pti)
I guess “Right Here” from Sisters with Voices (Wayne Dougan) would have been #6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT