ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had several errands to run tonight around Lexington. Quick rundown on masks:

Meijer Reynolds - Asked me when I walked in if I had a mask. Told them I was fully vaccinated and to check the news. Nothing else was said. Probably 10% didn't have it on throughout store.

Total wine LG - No issues until check out line. Told me to put it on, store policy. I just put the f'ing thing on so I could check out and leave.

Proof Fitness - No mask entire time, nothing said to me. Probably 15% no mask.

Kroger Boston - Mask required/store policy. I kept walking and nothing was said thereafter. I was the only one without one for the 10 minutes I was there. Weird feeling admittedly.

Going to be one hell of an interesting stretch coming up.

Had several errands to run tonight around Lexington. Quick rundown on masks:

Meijer Reynolds - Asked me when I walked in if I had a mask. Told them I was fully vaccinated and to check the news. Nothing else was said. Probably 10% didn't have it on throughout store.

Total wine LG - No issues until check out line. Told me to put it on, store policy. I just put the f'ing thing on so I could check out and leave.

Proof Fitness - No mask entire time, nothing said to me. Probably 15% no mask.

Kroger Boston - Mask required/store policy. I kept walking and nothing was said thereafter. I was the only one without one for the 10 minutes I was there. Weird feeling admittedly.

Going to be one hell of an interesting stretch coming up.

I understand but I think it’s important to realize you’re dealing with people just trying to do their freaking jobs. Not saying you were one but no need to be a dick to these folks.

I understand but I think it’s important to realize you’re dealing with people just trying to do their freaking jobs. Not saying you were one but no need to be a dick to these folks.

Which is why I just put it on at TW. Didn't give them any trouble. Their life is going to be living ish for the foreseeable future until the individual stores figure out how they want to handle it.

Reactions: wcc31
Well that’s what the GM at Hyatt said. How can you ask someone about their medical history? Idk, just saying what I was told. I think big corporate places are going to keep it rolling for a bit to look like they care.

Paint It Black=one of my favorite all time songs.

Zepplin is my favorite rock and roll band of all time. They are THE definition of rock as far as I’m concerned.

You old nellies that care about kids hair are dorks. These kids aren’t going to look like their dads anymore. Let the boys express themselves. I’m bunned up or long hair out the back of the hat these days. Covid cut and whatnot.

My fave is the mask bitchiness.

Damnit, have a mask handy and if the establishment has a sign or asks you to put it on, put the damn thing on!

Jeez.

If you want to protest and go somewhere else? Go! It's your money!

Drama, drama, drama.

Nobody cares you are offended over masks....

Oh shit! CDC sure had an about face!

Conspiracy!

Reactions: roguemocha
I had a client two days ago tell me she wasn’t comfortable staying at my place of business because she asked my 21 year old employee if she was vaccinated and she said no. She told me she felt it was reckless and that I should require it. There’s an incredible amount of people that are still scared and for some reason those people seem louder and more aggressive. So I don’t see all places all of a sudden opening up this week due to the fear of losing those people. However I think it’s great it was announced a couple weeks before Memorial Day to let people slowly get used to it and hopefully 99% of people to stop acting like morons by July 4th.

Speaking of Nolan Ryan or even Pedro, how are today’s pitchers not even coming close to yesteryears guys? It’s truly amazing what older guys went through compared to now as far as longevity.

That SmokeWagon is a pretty tasty MGP product.

I’ve still only know of about 20-40 Covid cases personally. Only know of 1 who dies which was my mom. She also was disbetic(type 2) and had pulmonary hypertension, awful COPD and was overweight.

I’m still not getting the vaccine. Not because of some conspiracy belief, but because I’m ok taking my chances, and always have been.

NBA Playoffs starting this weekend? Maybe next weekend. Regardless, it’s going to carry thru the summer, which is fantastic!

Late to this, but unmentioned 90's crushes:

Toni Braxton. GD. She's so hot in You're Making Me High.
Carmen Electra. At least until Rodman f#cked her.
Jennifer Connelly. Specifically, in Opportunity Knocks riding the toy horse.
Neve Campbell. Total worship in Wild Things and Three to Tango.
Daisy Fuentes. Back when MTV didn't show Ridiculousness 24/7.

If you’d rather have anyone besides Ryan in the 70s/80s you’re on crack. Pedro was the man in the 90s, early 2000s.

Really wish Dusty didn’t burn out Wood and Prior. He crushed two SOLID careers.

pretty sure Wood was the youngest with 20 Ks. Remember that game like it was yesterday.

I (fully vaccinated) ate at a restaurant tonight without a mask. I hadn’t set foot in a restaurant since March 2030. It is time for vaccinated people to live a normal life again.

That said, I get really angry about people who downplay the devastating effect Covid had on the world. It wasn’t just obese old people who died. It was teenagers, nurses and doctors of all ages, people who never thought they would be at risk etc. Millions of people.

Yes, this stupid virus didn’t kill most people who got it, but for Christ’s sake, when did we become so jaded and blasé that we just are ok with any person’s death? Any death that we could have helped avoid by doing some simple things that were a minor annoyance.

It just makes me so sad and disappointed in the human race which is silly because I truly know, people are stupid and people are selfish and don’t care.

I am aware that this won’t be a popular post, but just suck it up buttercup, or scroll on by.
#Mexicandinnermargarittanight

Last edited:
I (fully vaccinated) ate at a restaurant tonight without a mask. I hadn’t set foot in a restaurant since March 2030. It is time for vaccinated people to live a normal life again.

That said, I get really angry about people who downplay the devastating effect Covid had on the world. It wasn’t just obese old people who died. It was teenagers, nurses and doctors of all ages, people who never thought they would be at risk etc. Millions of people.

Yes, this stupid virus didn’t kill most people who got it, but for Christ’s sake, when did we become so jaded and blasé that we just are ok with any person’s death? Any death that we could have helped avoid by doing some simple things that were a minor annoyance.

It just makes me so sad and disappointed in the human race which is silly because I truly know, people are stupid and people are selfish and don’t care.

I am aware that this won’t be a popular post, but just suck it up buttercup, or scroll on by.
#Mexicandinnermargarittanight
Over 3 million deaths annually in this country alone. Many of which could be prevented if we weren’t the fattest country in the world. If we wanted to prevent death we should start with our BMI

Beach Boys are pap

Roger Clemens > Randy Johnson > Pedro
Nolan Ryan - 0 Cy Youngs

Underrated 70s Bands:
The Band
Little Feat
Zappa & Capt Beefheart

best Canadian:
M Neil Young
F kd Lang (best pipes out there)

best dog breed:
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Lab

best Stones song:
Paint it Black

best post-punk bands:
Strokes
Franz Ferdinand
Interpol
Editors
Green Day sucks my balls

best emo band:
The Smiths

best cheap domesto:
High Life Grenade

Best luxury vehicle brand:
Mercedes Benz

I'm just curious why the CDC felt urgency to backtrack this week. Interesting timing to say the least.

Same day Pfizer EUA covers to 12 year olds. Were we waiting for kids to have access to the vaccine before following science? Which if you follow science, kids don't need a covid vaccine.

Reactions: blubo
* Covid is over. Somehow it was the most divisive issue of our time and divided people according to whether they valued liberty v. cooperation.

A strange social happening, I guess, but do whatever the eff you want at this point and anyone bitching can have a coke, a smile, and STFU. If you aren't vaccinated then that's your fault and if you get the Kung Flu then is no one's fault but your own. So moving on.

Hopefully adult Americans can go back to being idiots without all the oversight.

* If I need to get my head together for something stressful there are only two songs I listen to -- Gimme Shelter and Copperhead Road.

* Savhir Wheeler looks solid. A touch of Khalid El-Amin there. Here's to Calipari dropping the stupid leather jacket and getting back to running a maverick program with guards who drop nuts.

We can't rely on a freshman whose recruitment is, uh, interesting as our lone point guard. We got a guy from Arizona? Damn straight.

* Shaq and Lebron are the two greatest physical marvels we've seen. Height is scarce. There are (relatively) tons of short, quick guys who can absolutely devastate people. If you want to go old school you can go with Arvydas Sabonis. Dude was a 7'3 deer.

* Sharon Stone is the 90s, man. Racing stripe and all.

Speaking of Nolan Ryan or even Pedro, how are today’s pitchers not even coming close to yesteryears guys? It’s truly amazing what older guys went through compared to now as far as longevity.
Most likely a product of how pitchers are treated these days compared to the old days. Pitch counts and 5-man rotations. Bob Gibson would have physically assaulted the manager if he was taken out because of a pitch count.

Probably had nothing to do with Colonial Pipeline, Hamas vs. Israel, or inflation rising. Just purely coincidental.

Take your FoxNews bullshit to the F’ing FoxNews wackjob thread pinned at the top.

You MFers sit here and bitch about the Kyle Tuckers yet do the same thing- use good news for our country- be it later than you would have like or not - as an opportunity to spread your one-way bullshit.

It’s the same F’ing thing and I’m not surprised in the least ol’ Middle-of-the-Road Anth is right there stirring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT