ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- “If Your Girl Only Knew” is a damn sexy song, tho.

- How underrated are water chestnuts? Great addition to a stir fry.

- I’m a throwback- I like my potato chips potato chip flavored and my bubble gum bubble gum flavored.

- Not much of a bird watcher, but pretty cool seeing a woodpecker out in the wild. Handsome birds.

- Hoping these Duke rumors turn out true. I’d imagine Scheyer would be K’s successor and something tells me he’ll be a good one.

- Wife and baby staying the night at my in-laws which means extended Friday happy hour and no 7am wakeup for Dad. BOOM

- I miss two guys playing guitars and singing songs I knew the words to at Kitty’s patio back in the day.

- Wife and MIL get shot #2 Monday and that’s a wrap for the folks I really care about. This summer is going to be awesome.

Lumber question for Krazy because I live around a lot of loggers.

Where is the price difference coming in? I know there aren’t any less trees being cut and ran down the road and I also know the ones cutting them down and sending them on their way aren’t seeing much of the spoils

We are in the middle of logging a section right now. Price per board foot is the highest I've ever seen it. Loggers even giving us a 60-40 split instead of the normal 50-50. Loggers are definitely getting some of it.
The loggers around here also aren't cutting for lumber they are cutting wood for furniture, flooring,whiskey barrels, cabinets etc. Most residential lumber comes from soft wood, spruce, fir, pine ( SPF in lumber stands for spruce, pine, fur) etc. We have hardwoods in ky not softwoods. The soft woods are in the south, Bama, Miss, Carolinas etc.
The vast majority of logging in ky right now is for white oaks, almost all for whiskey barrels. The bourbon industry has really increased the price for white oaks.

We are in the middle of logging a section right now. Price per board foot is the highest I've ever seen it. Loggers even giving us a 60-40 split instead of the normal 50-50. Loggers are definitely getting some of it.
The loggers around here also aren't cutting for lumber they are cutting wood for furniture, flooring,whiskey barrels, cabinets etc. Most residential lumber comes from soft wood, fir, pine etc. We have hardwoods in ky not softwoods. The soft woods are in the south, Bama, Miss, Carolinas etc.
The vast majority of logging in ky right now is for white oaks, almost all for whiskey barrels. The bourbon industry has really increased the price for white oaks.

I’ve heard the increased prevalence of mountain lions in Kentucky and surrounding areas is another key factor. Can’t find enough loggers willing to risk mauling.

The loggers around here also aren't cutting for lumber they are cutting wood for furniture, flooring,whiskey barrels, cabinets etc. Most residential lumber comes from soft wood, spruce, fir, pine ( SPF in lumber stands for spruce, pine, fur) etc. We have hardwoods in ky not softwoods. The soft woods are in the south, Bama, Miss, Carolinas etc.
This is why they pay you the big bucks in here, Rob. I knew a country boy like yourself would come through for me

Reactions: UKRob 73
Always put Sliverstone, Applegate and Swanson in the same category but give the nod to Swanson for the tasteful PB spread.

Can't see a scenario where K retires immediately, instead of announcing ahead of time, "this will be my last year," so that he can be fawned over incessantly all season everywhere he goes.
That's the most likely scenario. Boeheim should exit with him. Syracuse should then ignore the hiring alumni trend with Hopkins or Autry and go straight to Kevin Willard. He's made Seton Hall the 2nd best program in the Big East behind Nova. He's about to have another good team that includes Syracuse transfer and NBA prospect Kadary Richmond. He would be fantastic at Syracuse.

I mean, you should be able to include your top 5 list based on what you think you’re top 5 are...why does everything require diversity?

But if I were to add some color, I’d go Halle Berry, Vivica Fox, and Jada Pinket.
No shit... chili and Aaliyah aren’t even top five if you were just talking about black singers from the 90’s.

For your 90's ebony fix, there's Tyra Banks then everyone else.
You're probably right, but she eventually started talking and lost her appeal.
I mean, you should be able to include your top 5 list based on what you think you’re top 5 are...why does everything require diversity?

But if I were to add some color, I’d go Halle Berry, Vivica Fox, and Jada Pinket.
You're right. I didn't mean to imply diversity was required. I was just tossing in my two cents. Don't forget about Stacy Dash.

Reactions: drxman1
When it comes to 90s hotties, that kind of is my thing.

Top 5 in no order:
Jenny McCarthy
Tyra Banks
Elizabeth Hurly
Denise Richards
Salma Hayek

*Honorable Mentions
-Shannon Elizabeth (Late Addition, American Pie Came out in 1999)
-Tiffani Thiessen
-Jennifer Love Hewitt
-Nicole Eggert
-Shania Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT