ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to video games and mac and cheese, I used to like rap. But damn, a rap concert always sucked. It’s just a much better sound from a studio. So we should give Malcolm Vern a pass here.

I've seen them twice and plan on seeing them again. I wouldn't characterize what I've seen in person as a geriatric show. They get onstage, play kick ass rock and roll for 2+ hours, and it's freaking awesome imo.

Appears another digital catfish. Got a notice from SeatGeek with June 4th date but when you drill down, they say "pending reschedule" 🤬

Keith Richards plays great licks. But Mick Jagger can get all the pumps. With the notable exception of "Gimme Shelter," which I love, I change the channel as soon as that melonheaded weirdo starts yowling. He was fantastic on the Simpsons Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp, though, and by all accounts he's always been an incredible performer. I just got NUTHIN for his musical output.

The Who >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Stones. Who's Next and Quadrophenia wreck anything the Stones ever did.

Reactions: rudd1 and PTI (pti)
Hadn't read GYERO in forever. Decided I'd go back 10 pages and catch up. Ended up 45 pages deep to see what had led to the discussion on the current page. This thread might be even better in reverse.

Congratulations, condolences and GGPs where appropriate in your lives over the past several months.

-heartbreaker
-under my thumb
-paint it black
-sympathy for the devil
-ruby Tuesday

-prefer the who to the stones and Beatles, but they're still the stones and Beatles.

-dig wings and McCartney solo stuff more that the Beatles stuff *in general*.

-so UK is getting deeper in bed with the chicoms? Great.

-not to cast aspersions...but adult gaming is only ok if you're doing so as a bonding activity with your children...or on your phone while you poop and gyero is slow.

The disdain for video gaming and lust for the stones is really showing GYEROs age today. I play vidya quite a bit and, while not lacking respect for the greats, find much more enjoyment with modern music.

Speaking of good rock and roll, Greta van Fleet sucks ass.

It’s official - I don’t understand what the f*** is going on anymore.

-fyi...I did the interiors for that cornerstone project. that illuminated wall panel (as well as 2 other walls and 600ish sf ceiling) behind the "team" ran a cool 100k, material only.

I realize The Beatles are considered one of the all time greats but their sound does nothing for me.
Listen to the White Album some time and tell me if you feel the same. If so, then it wasn't meant to be. They may not be for everybody but they usually have something for everybody if given the chance.

Beatles songs that should be played more often:

If I Fell
Things We Said Today
I'll Be Back
No Reply
Savoy Truffle
Long, Long, Long
Taxman
Good Day Sunshine
Hey Bulldog
Baby, You're a Rich Man

They were an acquired taste for me, but they have some absolutely incredible songs. They also have some absolutely dogshit songs.

-dogshit is a bridge too far...some are just ok. But the good stuff just hits differently.

-participated in a Lennon tribute back in the day at the dame...we did help/revolution/Helter skelter in that order. We killed it....so much fun.

Douche
112cd744-9afc-460b-ae40-812ea39d41f4-Credit__AlysseGafkjen.GVF_097_1.jpg

Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT