ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Won one race yesterday. One.

I did draw the Derby winner out-of the pit, but I had already promised the ticket to a little girl that lives across the street that if he won, I'd give her the ticket.

Man, it was worth the $30 in tickets to see her win $190 bucks. She's rich!

*Two friends that live next door to each other opened their homes and had a big ass party. Perfect setup.

*Not hungover like I thought I would be. I stayed with Ole trusty Miller Lite all day. It wasn't until we hit up the neighborhood Mexican restaurant did I partake in 2 shots of tequila.

*Smoking ribs today. Coupling them with some prime tenderloin cuts later. As of now, no sides..who needs em.

*Phantom shades are up and there's a perfect airflow throughout the house. Sitting on the porch, watching golf and sipping a Pilsner Urquell.

*Too bad I missed Candy getting booed. He's a bitch. Reminds me of the cuckold boyfriend in Van Wilder that wore tighty whities, finished in 5 seconds, and thought the taste of dog jizz was delicious.

McDs messed up my order and gave me a McGriddle instead of a McMuffin. What an abortion of a sandwich. That shit is awful.

200.gif

I drank wayyy too many jueleps yesterday. Probably had the correct amount of bourbon neat, but also had too many beers. Could have just done without the wine at dinner.

Awesome day at the Downs, and I don't think I booed the governor, but if I had seen him I would have.

Got out of Louisville around 10 am, drove back to Lexington at a high rate of speed.

Underrated derby tradition for me is seeing all the trashed cars along the interstate/highways out of town. About 8 or 9 of them along 64 East this morning. A few just slammed up against the concrete barriers, one wrecked car was missing it's tires/wheels. A few years back on the way to Bardstown after Derby, we saw 3 cars that had burned out along the way.

Baffert is at the top of the game, no one has ever been better at dosing up horses than that guy!

Man the Reds are so trash. Cincinnati teams must bread that. That pitcher is garbage and finally gets a strikeout and acts like it’s his first ever. You’re in the Bigs, act like it you tool.

Can’t wait to see/meet ol Willy. We’ll have some fun and I’ll pour some stuff ass drinks.

Full day charter today. What a blast. People from Iowa are cool as hell.

If you all want to go out Willy I can make it “cheaper” if you book through me. Save you 10% or gas. Bout a $100 either way.

- Picked up my FIL early morning to roll to Belterra to make some bets

My daughter, born on the 8th, of course insisted I put some dough on #8. Put $10 down and now we need a piggy bank. Wife won that one too.

Based solely upon names, my MIL put four horses into a tri and won $1700. More surprisingly, if she would have just played the super, would have won that too.

- Mint Juleps and High Lifes for dad. Felt fine this morning. Much better than my old Derby days with BBdK, that’s for sure.

- I love “trying” to hire contractors for home improvement jobs because there’s nothing more fun than having to rely upon the unreliable.

- You BETTER not pay college basketball recruits because IF you do and the NCAA finds out via recorded phone calls, they WILL (possibly) come after you 6-7 years down the line! And there will be hell to pay after you make $15-20M more dollars!

Watched the Macho Man Biography on A&E last night. I's a sucker for 80's/90's documentaries. But man it really brought out everything that is bad about the wrestling business. The whole domestic violence heel angle really would not go so far today. Plus I really did not need to hear about Macho Man being a over possessive creep and video spying on Gorgeous George. I completely forgot that it was Lex Luger killed Miss Elizabeth.

*Won one race yesterday. One.
Bernie I was going to Tweet you the picture but was drunk and couldn't remember whatever you changed your current Twitter handle to. Anyways, I saw your severely delayed Bronco parked in front of the odds board and took a picture of it at Churchill. They sure are showing them off for not sending them out to people that paid for them a year ago.

I completely forgot that it was Lex Luger killed Miss Elizabeth.
Miss Elizabeth is buried in Frankfort Cemetery. Her whole family is from here. I visited the cemetery a few years back and stopped by and saw her grave. Sad story how she came from a big family and a stable home and got sucked into the bad side of the business and pretty much bounced around between a bunch of mostly bad guys. I'm a huge Macho Man fan but he's not the kind of guy I would want my daughter to end up with, to say the least.

-This GYERO started on a Monday morning post Derby. I'm feeling much better than that day which is kinda surprising. As 80 said, we drank a lot of the booze. Mixing in a GTS mid-afternoon seemed like a good idea but that's rocket fuel.

-That Derby weather though, goodness.

-The actual event was awesome. Everyone was just happy. Staff would just say, "have a drink in your hand and don't worry about masks." So great being around a shit ton of people, waiting in lines, acting... normal.

-Crushed on Derby, bound to happen, last 2 actual Derby's were really good to me. We had the p6 going into Derby, so we had a chance to make some real $$ and missed. Leaving Baff off was pretty dumb on my part.

-Turned 40 last week. 😥Don't feel any different but it is kinda surreal. Like, "how the hell did that happen?" 40 just always seemed 1,000,000 miles away.

-Ky definitely needs to protect it's reputation. Lol. I always thought we were in the "f*ck off" stage of relationships with all the other states that look down on us. If you can't get boo'd, for jumping on TV to grab more screen time at an event with 60k unmasked people, meanwhile still imposing ridiculous EO restrictions on businesses and schools.... then what does it take to get boo'd? Count me a surprised HK is on that side of the argument.

-I need some BernieSandori drunk hang out time. Miss that guy.

-Friday Tee Ball, G with a grand slam, double, and 3 really nice outs to secure the win Then I roll into the post game huddle to give him the game ball and the whole team has silly string. I've never seen so much silly string in my life, they just completely covered me. Asst coach simultaneously hands me a dixie cup beer. Made my birthday, couldn't ask for more. Thanks to all involved.

-Closed the weekend with an agreeable meal, wine, and a dram. Out cold by 10p. All American weekend.

Last edited:
I mean as long as we get 7 or 8 of Washington, Carr, Smith, Jenkins, Lawson, Flint, Williams, Stoner, Eldridge, Burke, Buchanan, Johnson, Underwood, Caldwell, Cagle, Henderson, Frey, Ishaq, Lunsford, Sanders, Paul, Trebes, and Weinland I think we'll be fine. LEGGO!!!
Don’t forget we still have a shot at Tiffany, Heather, Cody, Dylan, Dermot, Jordan, Taylor, Brittany, Wesley, Rumer, Scout, Cassidy, Zoe, Chloe, Max, Hunter, Kendall, Caitlin, Noah, Sasha, Morgan, Kyra, Ian, Lauren, Cubert, and Phil.

We may end up with a good class, but if we do it's going to be more of a Tubby Smith stumble into it situation. That John Wall class? To a high school senior that was back in the stone ages. Think of when you were 18... stuff that happened when you were six was like in another generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT