ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got up Sunday morning and was going to get in a bike ride before me and the wife went for a walk. And of course the dreaded flat. Looked up my usual bike shop, it was closed and assumed all of them were. Went for an enjoyable walk and got back on the couch and for the hell of it googled Lex bike shops. Found one open and called. Boom, open, drove down and back in an hour, bike ride accomplished. Another interesting concept in this bike, coffee, food shop but it’s a cool spot and would recommend, especially on Sundays in a pinch.

Last edited:
Mountain bike and I may get one a year. Guess I could keep a spare tube on hand and change it but in my situation it’s a tad different than yours. May go an entire season without the need so I’ve never bothered being proactive.

Prolly a good idear to keep a extree sprocket, rim, brake cable, and chain on hand also. You never know when the Ole Schwinn is gonna fall apart. Might want to even mount a little parts box on the cycle, JUST IN CASE.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
* It's gotta be awful to spend 7 - 20 months in Lexington playing on national tv every game, having a cult-like following across the state by kids and adults alike while slaying Theta's, AOPi 's and the choicest GDI poon on your off days...

...what I'm saying is, I'll believe Camelot is restored when I see it.

* Knocked out a ton yard work yesterday and caught most of Scherzer's CG on the MLB radio app and man, there's just something unique about baseball in that medium. The yarn those guys spin to fill a 3.5 hour slow moving affair is both impressive and a dying art.

* Started watching Kevin Bacon's Showtime series City on a Hill a few weeks back and still can't decide how I feel about it? Ebbs and flows from suck -> great in each episode faster than Billie Eilish's transformation (championship front court, btw).

* Scottsdale for a week on Sunday and while I'm looking forward to going to a state that treats its citizens like adults, I'm dreading the time change. Never figured out how to acclimate quickly to PST and in awe of road warriors who make it look easy. Spend most of the trip waking up at 3 a.m. chomping at the bit to go. By the time I acclimate I'm boarding a plane back home. Any cheat codes would be appreciated.

* In others printing money news - the pool industry has been raking with so many installing the outdoor oasis over the pandemic that apparently there's a chlorine shortage on the horizon. Best stock up accordingly.

Also wouldn't mind seeing footage of that chemical plant explosion.

* Figured all riders kept a spare and co2 cartridge on them? Cashier tries to throw that little flat kit in every time I check out at Scheller's. Takes no time and there's tons of youtube tutorials out there cawood.

I rarely get a flat. I have a 15 mile circle path, takes about 1:25 ish, I do from start to finish and the furthest I’m away is like 4 miles from home. Guess im
gonna have to:

occam-apex-strap_8.jpg

Never figured out how to acclimate quickly to PST and in awe of road warriors who make it look easy. Spend most of the trip waking up at 3 a.m. chomping at the bit to go. By the time I acclimate I'm boarding a plane back home. Any cheat codes would be appreciated.
Love the trips out west... the move is to stay up late the first night you are out there, take some melatonin and sleep f'ing in. Europe is what kills me. It takes me forever to adjust.

I’m not out on a time trial but I do have lights I gotta work with at a few stops. I promise you you’d have a nice work out.
I'm teasing you. I have a 5.3 mile loop... best time is 19:01 on my crappy Schwinn. I could do that 3X in like 1:10, but it wouldn't be fun. Part of the issue is the bike though. The highest gear keeps on slipping, and like PTI says the bike shops are like months out for any kind of fixes. Plus, no new bikes are avail at all.

I'm teasing you. I have a 5.3 mile loop... best time is 19:01 on my crappy Schwinn. I could do that 3X in like 1:10, but it wouldn't be fun. Part of the issue is the bike though. The highest gear keeps on slipping, and like PTI says the bike shops are like months out for any kind of fixes. Plus, no new bikes are avail at all.
I’m so basic I don’t even change gears the entire ride. Pretty high gear the whole way. One that cooperates on climbs and is good on flat parts of ride as well.

GCN or Park Tools youtube has every possible repair. Could be your high limit, also really easy. I'm talking these are like a few turns of an allen wrench easy.

I take mine in only to fix the electronic shifting on my bike because I don't have the computer software required. Everything else on a bike is pretty straight forward. Keep the chain clean and oiled, change it every couple years unless you're logging 3000 miles(like me), and that's really about it.

You're making fun of people not making their own bike repairs or fixing their own flats and you've got an electronic shifter?

Seriously, why do you have/need an electronic bike shifter?
Oh, completely unnecessary. They're just smooth af.

I'd just like to see you back on any bike and stop bailing on the b2bc. You're obligated this year.

Huh, maybe I should look into bike repair as a nice little side hustle. Can’t be be that much more complicated than taking a clock movement apart and putting it back together.

Speaking of, multiple house calls scheduled all week. Pretty much solo servicing a 75 mile radius right now.

Perfect weather the last month but I’ve had to mow twice a week for some time now. I do mow on the highest setting so as to keep my luscious grass nice and thick. In about 6 weeks I’ll be tired of that shit but I’m too anal about how the grass is cut to let anyone else do it.

I still have faith that Cal is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat but if I’m being honest my faith is getting slimmer by the day. Got a feeling once official visits are back on the table things will change.

sausage/bacon gravy, scrambled eggs, biscuits, butter and homemade dandelion jelly....it’s whats for dinner

A bike tune up costs, what, $50-75 or so? Probably takes a solid 30 minutes.

Making more $$ than welders (or SAE) before you know it.

A bike tune up costs, what, $50-75 or so? Probably takes a solid 30 minutes.

Making more $$ than welders (or SAE) before you know it.
$150 for decent, break down, clean and tune up. Not including replacing bar tape or chain. I'm sure those dudes can do it in a half hour. Takes me about an hour.

Welp, neighbor loser chick is at it again. This time she was driving down the street, must have hit a curb, took a hard right, and crashed into a combination of a high curb, a tree, and the house across the street's front steps. It was as if she was driving straight towards their front door. I got video of it from the guy next door, and how she managed to miss my NEW car (would have been the second vehicle of mine she wrecked into) is a miracle I'll never understand.

Cops and ambulance came again, and EMS determined she had a medical emergency because her blood sugar was so incredibly low. Didn't even take a breathalyzer, and I'm not sure if they'll do that at the hospital or if she'll even be arrested. Absolutely amazing. I mean I've gotten arrested before, including a DUI, and I f'ing deserved it. How this chick continues to avoid the law I simply do not know.

Welp, neighbor loser chick is at it again. This time she was driving down the street, must have hit a curb, took a hard right, and crashed into a combination of a high curb, a tree, and the house across the street's front steps. It was as if she was driving straight towards their front door. I got video of it from the guy next door, and how she managed to miss my NEW car (would have been the second vehicle of mine she wrecked into) is a miracle I'll never understand.

Cops and ambulance came again, and EMS determined she had a medical emergency because her blood sugar was so incredibly low. Didn't even take a breathalyzer, and I'm not sure if they'll do that at the hospital or if she'll even be arrested. Absolutely amazing. I mean I've gotten arrested before, including a DUI, and I f'ing deserved it. How this chick continues to avoid the law I simply do not know.

It probably has something to do with being a “chick”. That or the cops just don’t GAF anymore.

Reactions: roguemocha
Tiger drives better than this bitch.

Not to interrupt all the bike repair talk but....

--- This is probably the first time during the Calipari era that I am a little concerned. Not so much about the future as I think O/Chin/Lucas is a great combo that will get recruiting to the best level it can be going forward. But I am concerned for next year and if that doesn't go well, what it means for the fan base. They were genuinely shocked by Hickman decision and they didn't have some master plan...no matter what people say. They always wanted to add another better PG, but I think they took some solace in him as a fallback. Now they have no fallback and probably need to take two Point Guards. They have a number of good options (Carr, TyTy, etc) but none that I think is a sure thing to happen. And thus I am concerned...it will probably work out but I have never seen Cal off guard except once before (when he didn't know Zion would go to Duke). That won't happen again as O knows how to keep things organized. But it is worrisome for next year.

--- Joel being gone means the end of a lot of these reporters getting their scoops. I wasn't one that talked to him so it might just seem like sour grapes, but I do think a lot of perception problems came from Joel putting nuggets out there that weren't really the case and affecting what people thought was possible. Calipari is at his best when he KNOWS who he is going to get and who he won't. And then he can immediately cut bait when he doesn't...it then doesn't look like he gets beat and he can get another option quickly. Kenny/O/Slice were great at giving those honest evaluations. Joel was different and was overly optimistic on everyone...that was communicated to media and led to us being seen as "losing" battles that we were really never in. Now whether he genuinely believed we could win or was just trying to look good, it was a poor decision and ultimately why I didn't think it worked out here. Joel is a good recruiter but Calipari values, above anything else, loyalty and silence. I am not sure if the leaking of news over the last two years was something he wanted....and he REALLY didn't being blindsided by recruit decisions

--- Watch the F1 Netflix show if you haven't. It's awesome...and not because of F1, which is interesting but sort of very titled in success, but because it is so well done as a show. From storylines to characters to how awesome it looks visually, its as good a reality show about sports as I have ever seen....different than Last Chance U but just as compelling.

--- I have been fortunate enough to work in a number of vastly different worlds....big law, UK sports, ESPN, Restaurants, Federal Judiciary, Politics...but there is nothing weirder or more interesting/bizarre than the world of professional wrestling. The people you meet, the crazy stories and the overall daily lives of those involved is simply unparalleled in anything I have ever been a part of. My presence just begins this week on air but the behind the scenes work over the last six months is enough for a book. One day I hope all of you come out and sample it because I guarantee you will be entertained. And as it comes to reality shows, we have something on the back burner with that as well. Vince Marrow is on next Thursday night

--- WWTH hangs out with more football coaches than a 5 star recruit nowadays

--- Has anyone been to that little open market off Limestone, close to Loudon? I don't know the name of it or if it will survive but it is a cool place to have in Lexington that. I had absolutely no idea existed at all

Go Cats....Anth if you want a rematch one Thursday night at historic Davis Arena, let me know

Matt, don’t know much about what you have going on in wrestling, but you should reach out to Billy Corgan and get him on your show. Think it would be a terrific interview and I think he would do it.

Reactions: drxman1
~Bikes at the gym never have flats, I don't have to worry about sharing the road....and I have a TV.

~My guess is cawood is doping like Lance to get that time.

*bike shop*

--- They were genuinely shocked by Hickman decision and they didn't have some master plan...no matter what people say. They always wanted to add another better PG, but I think they took some solace in him as a fallback. Now they have no fallback and probably need to take two Point Guards.
Damn.

Not good.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT