ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTown is awful. The 75 south trek to Lex can be the worst 15 miles in history at certain times of the day, and if you have to take Gtown Rd to Lex then you are still miles from civilization. And there is that magical weather line separating Lex and Scott Co....they always get it worse than we do in the winter months. But they are the home of the Camry, and they have the best high school athletic recruiting program this side of St X and Trinity.

-andover area is best bang for buck...especially if you need lots o bedrooms/sq footage.

-briar hill is beautiful. Not sure if is Douglass/or brian station hs...that will make a difference. Family farms near by on muir station.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Prices have been dropping like crazy, and most homes are for sale in the area. Now is a great time to get in!

Georgetown NEEDS Wyvern.

Like others have said, it's blowing up here. And the commute is a piece of cake.

Besides, I'd sleep better at night, being able to monitor, errrr, keep a watchful eye on errrr, see him coming in advance. LOL

Plus, you could party with the Clown.

Oh shite
I had ...no idea

This just gets more and more interesting

hey SCI-Atomal Clown ...if I get into Lexington this Wednesday for a f2f interview...would you be around late afternoon for cocktails?

ps: I DID have an aunt (and her ex) who were in Chevy chase ...you could hear the band playing at commonwealth from their backyard....

probably outside my range AND social abilities though

GTown is awful. The 75 south trek to Lex can be the worst 15 miles in history at certain times of the day, and if you have to take Gtown Rd to Lex then you are still miles from civilization. And there is that magical weather line separating Lex and Scott Co....they always get it worse than we do in the winter months. But they are the home of the Camry, and they have the best high school athletic recruiting program this side of St X and Trinity.

That's strange. Nobody let me know the commute is awful. I make it everyday, with almost NEVER a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Wish we had moved to Versailles right when we had our first kid. Small town vibe and close to Lexington. Great schools. I live out in the county and get to Palomar in 15 minutes. 15 minutes to the airport. 25 minutes to downtown. It takes a while to get to Hamburg but why in the hell would I want to go there?

And its not Nicholasville.

-After binge watching "Living With Yourself" the Tom Brady thing was fine. The whole plot is based off the massage parlor. Decent series but plenty weird.

-So a coach can't grab a player by the face mask? GTFO, and I hate UT/Pruitt.

-Live stream of that night time Dallas tornado was pretty surreal.

-GTown is great and it's situated perfectly for access to LEX-LOU-CIN. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Winchester.

-Mizzou dropping one to hapless Vandy, WTF? Thought they were poised to steal the East... 11pt spread, ha. If they had trouble with moving the ball on Vandy we should be alright.

-Our D has really grown up this season, we're at the point where Kash seems to be the weak link out there. Keep progressing and lets get Smith back out there before Bowden breaks down. 3-4 more wins is still on the table.

-Stenberg :mad: I know he does stuff that a football noob like myself doesn't see BUT I can't remember a more frustrating player.

-Another great win for the Cards. Really out there playing tough. Kept it to 35 with that late 3rd string D touchdown. Neve rmind Clempson threw 2 INTs in the endzone.

-Sunday dinner -> Waygu smash burgers. Eek.

Shorts:

- Among my favorite IG follows are a couple Calvin & Hobbes accounts. Stuff still cracks me up 30 years later. Also, remarkably topical.

- Can we get this LSU-Bama game going? Can’t wait.

- My starting lineup:

Hagans
Maxey
Quick
Brooks
Montgomery/Richards

- Ulis cut already. How is he not good enough to be a bench guard? His hips that bad. Think we’ll be seeing that dude as a head coach some day.

- Fall tunes for dogdad: Nirvana Unplugged, The National, some Sturgill and Childers. Maybe Ian Noe.

- Gotta wonder when Uber pricing is going to skyrocket. How long can they lose $$$?

- Great Lakes Christmas Ale drops October 28.

Reactions: jayroon and CSC81
This thread has missed Wyvern. Hope you stick around this time.

There's been a lot of strange and wonderful things that have happened in my little life in the past......well especially in the last 3 years or so

It'll be funny (peculiar/and "haha") as rip to come full circle and start posting on this site from the actual commonwealth itself.......it'll get down right creepy if the founders of "G" kick off a snack-down as well......

time linearity and time alteration really freakin freezes up and brings the paralysis to my analysis......keep smiling when that happens though

Watched a snippet of Blue/White last night -- surpassing the excitement .....wonder if they will be AS tough as some of Coach's previous team's defense wise?

Praying for a strong football finish of course --- I came all the way to F'ing Tucson and the best drummer I know out here is a Mizzou fan ,,,,, we CANT LOSE THAT ONE NOW IVY JOE!!!!

Can you get anything in Chevy Chase for $400k anymore? If you can its probably going to need a little updating.

Couple acres in Midway would be the play for me.

Finally opened up the bottle of Tommy's Batch that has been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years (h/t Booker's Dad). Was a good pour and probably the most unique of anything i've had recently. Needs a couple drops of water or an ice cube though.

The gal getting arrested at the Bama campus CVS post game saturday night :flushed:

-Our D has really grown up this season, we're at the point where Kash seems to be the weak link out there. Keep progressing and lets get Smith back out there before Bowden breaks down. 3-4 more wins is still on the table.

I may have been a product of the weather but I really liked our man press coverage on Saturday. Well as long as it is not Kash Daniel out there covering.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
- Is $400k even getting you in to Chevy Chase?

- Madison County for us (can be anywhere on the south/east side of Lex fairly quickly, works for the work commute into Lex, land costs very reasonable). We’re very rarely in Richmond but having a medium sized university to anchor the county economy is a big positive.

- Is $400k even getting you in to Chevy Chase?
Can you get anything in Chevy Chase for $400k anymore? If you can its probably going to need a little updating.
Probably would be close but need a little work. Should get you in an adjacent area and definitely inside the circle if that's your goal.

We can all agree you can live anywhere in the area OTHER THAN Nicholasville and be in great shape.

Do they start a wide receiver at quarterback? They probably should.

* Bullshit. That offensive line is going to get somebody killed. Make that goofy ginger bastard take all the snaps this year.

Draft a QB with the 1st pick in the draft, use the rest of the picks on the OL and severely overpay a couple of decent LBs in free agency. Who Dey!

* Speaking of goofy ginger bastards, if Bowden had gotten hurt in the 4th qtr playing QB the other night, I was going to personally hunt down Mark Stoops and let him know that I didn't think it was wise for him to still be taking snaps back there. By golly.

* I skipped the Bengals game and took my kids to Casper the Friendly Musical at the Children's Theater at the Taft. Much happier.

* I also got myself a little dumpling maker and made some air fried ham, cheese and potato egg rolls yesterday to go with some white bean chicken chili. Also got wine drunk on some shit we ordered when we were in Napa.

Good day.

* Old Fitz and Colonel Taylor helped me get thru the slugfest between the hedges the other night.

I may need a flask to help me get thru the day at work here today.

* Alright, that's enough Willy.

As someone who lives in/around Chevy Chase I can tell you that you're mainly paying for the zip code (which is the case for most real estate, I guess). Many of the houses for sale need a shit ton of work and you're not getting a lot of land. The schools are also good, but some there view you as a child abuser if you don't send your children to TLS or Sayre. Great neighborhood to walk around in, though.

- all of this Lexington-adjacent talk and not one mention of topography?

- if UKFB really wants to embrace the "let's just be different if we can't be really good," then keep Bowden where he is and move Stenberg to WR where we can draw up something to allow him to legally move before the snap.

- Writing "Keion Brooks" down and am a fan of the Daniels comps, though it's early

- All of these awesome point guards, but I'll believe it when I see it if Cal actually plays anything that resembles "small ball."

$400K in Chevy Chase will get you:

property_large_574505_1

property_large_575178_1

property_large_570718_1

As someone who lives in/around Chevy Chase I can tell you that you're mainly paying for the zip code (which is the case for most real estate, I guess). Many of the houses for sale need a shit ton of work and you're not getting a lot of land. The schools are also good, but some there view you as a child abuser if you don't send your children to TLS or Sayre. Great neighborhood to walk around in, though.

Umm, I think I’m going to have to hear from our resident Smugologist on this topic before forming an opinion.

@MaxPowerrr ?

-aside from schools, beauty of CC is that I can be anywhere in lexington in less than 15 mins...maybe 30 during a *bad* rush hour.

-midway is cool...but insular, i have that where i live now.

-would move to the farm in a heartbeat, but the mrs/kids have a say as well.

As others have said, $400k can get you into CC "proper," but any house at that price isn't going to have a lot of sq. ft. and/or it will need some work. We love living in Montclair/Mt. Vernon and have several friends that are very happy over in Lansdowne, both pretty accessible at that price. The edge goes to the first for the walkability, proximity to Commonwealth, etc., IMO.

Edit: Although Lansdowne is still pretty accessible to Commonwealth also with the secret passageway through the Arboretum that almost no one knows about.

Yep...you're right. That area isn't booming at all. Slumville,

Of course it’s booming, just like Masterson Station was 10-15 years ago. It’s booming because cookie cutter mass home builders throw up vinyl sided shit on abundant, cheap, undesirable land, and market to their audience with catchphrases like “close to Hamburg,” or “convenient to Walmart.”

As someone who doesn’t live there anymore, I can confirm that Lexingtonians sound rather ignorant when discussing real estate.

- whining that it takes > $400,000 to live in the best neighborhood in the city
- being underwhelmed by lots with less than 1 acre
- insisting anything under 4 bedrooms and 2500 sq ft is unliveable

Shew wee. Wish I had those country bumpkin problems.

As someone who doesn’t live there anymore, I can confirm that Lexingtonians sound rather ignorant when discussing real estate.

- whining that it takes > $400,000 to live in the best neighborhood in the city
- being underwhelmed by lots with less than 1 acre
- insisting anything under 4 bedrooms and 2500 sq ft is unliveable

Shew wee. Wish I had those country bumpkin problems.
One of the burdens to shoulder when you live in an effete cosmopolitan petro-swamp, IMO.

Of course it’s booming, just like Masterson Station was 10-15 years ago. It’s booming because cookie cutter mass home builders throw up vinyl sided shit on abundant, cheap, undesirable land, and market to their audience with catchphrases like “close to Hamburg,” or “convenient to Walmart.”

"Close to Hamburg" does mean a lot in this area....the new high school, banking, I75/64, shopping, huge family doctor practice, and Fazoli's.

Haven't really seen any cookie cutter mass homes in the new subs there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT