ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between drive killing penalties, a crappy punt, a fumble, and dropping a touchdown pass, Georgia has done very little themselves to win this game and it is gd infuriating.

0 pass yards. K

You must REALLY love Bowden if you think that's our best option, if we do have a healthy QB2 on the sideline.

Yes, I'm aware of the two drops.

I deleted it, but they either think Smith isn't healthy or they truly think taking your best offensive weapon and treating him like a battering ram against a legit team on the road, in the rain, is the best option.

tenor.gif

Whatever role the injuries played, this version of our team is really bad, and it's all the offense. That Arkansas team we squeaked by last week is historically bad. Because we won I think a lot of people thought that game was some sort of good sign. It wasn't. If Sawyer Smith isn't the answer then there isn't an answer. When he's healthy you've gotta go to him.

Reactions: Irish Beck
What’s more embarrassing, losing 21-0 with zero passing yards of losing 52-7 if not for rain?

What’s more embarrassing, losing 21-0 with zero passing yards of losing 52-7 if not for rain?

What's most embarrassing, to me at least, is that Stoops is consistently inconsistent when it comes to offensive scheme and attack. He seems to be the one pushing for athletic QB's in spite of the fact that we haven't had an OC yet that runs enough RPO to garner any benefit from it. He seems insistent on tightening the screws for throwing the ball with those guys which might explain our perplexing inability to get top WR's to come here. Then, when we do, we put them at starting QB to run a hybrid Wildcat that was doomed to failure from the jump but looked impressive because we played the equivalent of a HS team and barely won.

I hate this game for our Defense. They have been much maligned all year and had a great game (Oats getting more PT was largely beneficial too). If Smith isn't healthy, you have to develop another plan. We ran maybe 5 traditional runs in this game. I get how hard that can be against a top 10 team, but we didn't do Bowden any favors with this game plan.

/stepsoffsoapbox

I’m not arguing the production of tonight, there is no argument for this except you can’t just look and point at Bowden as the problem.

There are some no brainer passes that aren’t reads etc to make it easier for Bowden to complete some passes.

Football is only as difficulty as you make it sometimes, and Gran/Stoops make it a lot harder than it should be.

Bubble Screens, Swing pass, quick hitch, and jet sweeps all test the boundaries and in this weather could really have benefited our offense.

I'll say this, if we trot Bowden out there again against Missouri, it's clear we just don't give a shit about the rest of this season. Last week was memorable, and I'm happy given the circumstances, but this is still high level SEC football. You aren't going to get away with this shit if you have a legit option at QB sitting there healthy and a guy who hasn't played QB in 4 years throwing the ball OOB 3 out of 4 times.

I’m not arguing the production of tonight, there is no argument for this except you can’t just look and point at Bowden as the problem.

There are some no brainer passes that aren’t reads etc to make it easier for Bowden to complete some passes.

Football is only as difficulty as you make it sometimes, and Gran/Stoops make it a lot harder than it should be.

Bubble Screens, Swing pass, quick hitch, and jet sweeps all test the boundaries and in this weather could really have benefited our offense.

Who's our best option to break those open? Also, is Bowden the only one capable of throwing those passes with two other QB options available? I don't know the answer but I can tell you that running a bubble screen to Ali gives me less than half a chub at this point. I'll say this, where has the fake toss been this game? The RPO to the TE? It seems like Gran is the dwarf to Coley's midget, but only slightly.

Rose has had 17 carries once in his career. The QB has went 24 and 17 carries in the last 2 games.

If Bowden is the best RB now, then put in someone who can complete a 5 yd screen and move him to the backfield. Pretty basic but the 2 guys making millions are as dumb as dirt.

Another raise for Stoops any day now.

With Terry or a healthy Smith (I think he’s been hurt since the end of the first half of the Florida game) we would have had a legitimate shot at winning the East this year.

We are essentially just playing back yard football with Lynn.

Hopefully Smith is healthy and we can get to 6 or 7 wins. We don’t lose much next year.

This afternoon, I found a box of 60 Airheads and 15 mini packs of assorted Pringle flavors that I bought for my kids to snack on during a family reunion trip - when my wife was out of town for a funeral. Pretty sure I won dinner, fellas.

Hope everyone enjoyed consuming their perishable foods and beverages tonight.

Let's have a contest to determine who got the best deal per bite / sip.

(I'm rooting for everyone, btw)!
I fired up some porterhouses for the boys, filets for the fillies...game sucked but the beef was enjoyabLe.

Kind of sucks we couldn't just forfeit last night and heal up another week. Oh well.

On to the Show Me state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT