ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Bowden’s QBR would have been around 20 had Rodriguez not spazzed out in the end zone and caught that wide open TD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
-That burger from the food truck at the distillery was the best thing I ate yesterday.

-Had a nice day buzz going, and kept it going at a family function before the game.

Now that I’m sober it would be nice to have a QB capable of getting the ball to someone besides the RB.

-I just took the Nats as the biggest underdog since ‘07. Explain that to me? They can hit and they have Scherzer/Strassy going 4 times. I like my chances.

-It was none of my business as I’ve been married 12 years, but I thought “working it out” meant we got a few more F’s left and that’s about it.

Glad my DH got you a step closer to crushing Louisville again!

Reactions: jayroon
To be fair, Bowden’s QBR would have been around 20 had Rodriguez not spazzed out in the end zone and caught that wide open TD.

The idiot damn near drop-kicked a TD pass through the uprights.

If playing QB makes Lynn happy, then I’m happy. Only good thing left with this years team.

Our D has picked it up lately. As long as our thin secondary is healthy, we have a couple dawgs back there.

2020 tho...:sunglasses:

-Thanks to Krazy for the bourbon tasting yesterday. Appreciate you being generous with your time, the DH barrels and a couple select bottles I've never had the opportunity to try before. Certainly a fun experience and hope this venture continues to work out well for you.

-Great food and company last night for the game. Glad my wife embraces GYERO instead of giving me ish for it.

-Logan Stenberg better be puking 3x a day every day this week. And all weeks. Good lord dude.

-GBB

I f*cked my back up last night by itching my back. I am so fat and disgusting it’s crazy. I am absolutely ashamed.

Also, last Sunday I essentially pierced the bottom of my foot when I stepped on one of my wife’s earrings. Damn thing went alllll the way in. I work in demolition but handicap myself by stepping on a damn earring. Very on brand for me.

Love baseball, but Nats-Astros is about as vanilla a WS you can ask for. Sorry bonz.

Football season is what it is. Hoping Sawyer can come out and win us 3 more games so we can get to Shreveport for Christmas. That is, if Lynn is ok with it because apparently he’s running shit over on cooper these days.

You know who I miss? Josh Allen and Tyler Herro.

So - even though I grew up where I did and have been a UK fan my whole life....I know next to nothing about Lexington and the area

When we look at realtors and state that were interested in a 20 mile radius around Lex -- Paris and G'Town come up

What do you guys think about those places ?
Any areas within either that are worth living in?

Finally - if your ceiling for a home was $400k
Where would you live?

Assume you wanted land with that home --

So - even though I grew up where I did and have been a UK fan my whole life....I know next to nothing about Lexington and the area

When we look at realtors and state that were interested in a 20 mile radius around Lex -- Paris and G'Town come up

Where would you live?

Danville

Reactions: thabigbluenation

Where would you live?

With that budget you can live in a really nice home in just about any neighborhood in the Lex area. GTown is blowing up, tons to do. Paris is beautiful but smaller. Check the Versailles area as well if you want to be on that side of town. Those are all 20-30 minutes from downtown Lex.

With that budget you can live in a really nice home in just about any neighborhood in the Lex area. GTown is blowing up, tons to do. Paris is beautiful but smaller. Check the Versailles area as well if you want to be on that side of town. Those are all 20-30 minutes from downtown Lex.

Thank you, Sir Anth
You other guys too -- I didn't think about Danville and will look

Lets say you were going to commute to somewhere near this type of address:

5. 7. 4. 9 B--ri---a--r Hill Rd, Lex

How would that change your mind if at all?

Finally - if this happens, I"ll be living in Lex ALONE for up to a year

I'll need to know more about how to do that affordably and without looking like I"m an extra in "Justified"
(not that I haven't been there/done that)

:sunglasses:

Definitely looking this stuff up online as well
But WHAT BETTER resource does a man have if moving to Lex
Than this board / thread?

NONE I SAY!

Reactions: drxman1
Georgetown is exploding, Nicholasville as well. Funny how growing up here all the surrounding towns seemed far away but now the urban sprawl it’s really not that far at all. But for that price you can find nice homes in Lex as well. Welcome. You got any good Sedona recs? Been a long time since i was there.

Enjoyed having the swimmers over. Man he housed that porterhouse, impressive. Props to the lass, her charcuterie board was on point.

New season of Goliath seems promising. Some crazy psychedelic tangents. Grew up loving Dennis Quade.

11 point dogs to Missouri at home. Love the night kick. Let’s do this.

You got any good Sedona recs? Been a long time since i was there.

I JUST went up that way about a week ago - wish I could tell you more but I was a total noob myself

Took my youngest up to Flagstaff for her academic tour of Northern Az Univ and stopped in on the way back

If you need specific advice or info I WILL get it though
Know plenty of people here in Tucson that know that place well

Just let me know if I can help you.....esp as a possible future .....neighbor....

AWWWWWDAMMMNNNNNN IM FARRRED UP!!

Reactions: drxman1
Going to be looking for nursing pgms with the Ky Univ's as well
promise not to throw every freakin question over the wall at you guys -- but WILL be sorting the online fluff out in this forum

still have an aunt that taught at UK for decades that I need to ping and query
and an 'uncle' that bet a lot with money made in the marina 'industry' --- that knows Lex well ....

need to find my man DA too --- freakin eh
my mind is like a damn sack of cross eyed cats right now

flying into Knoxville this Tues --

Thank you, Sir Anth
You other guys too -- I didn't think about Danville and will look

Lets say you were going to commute to somewhere near this type of address:

5. 7. 4. 9 B--ri---a--r Hill Rd, Lex

How would that change your mind if at all?

Finally - if this happens, I"ll be living in Lex ALONE for up to a year

I'll need to know more about how to do that affordably and without looking like I"m an extra in "Justified"
(not that I haven't been there/done that)

:sunglasses:

Definitely looking this stuff up online as well
But WHAT BETTER resource does a man have if moving to Lex
Than this board / thread?

NONE I SAY!
Bourbon County has some pretty steep property tax rates and a fairly ridiculous ethos about it. They really do think that place is just this side of Heaven and anyone who wants to build a house or paint a fence a different color is an interloper to be dealt with swiftly.

But pretty scenery.

I'd look in Scott County. You can probably find 3-5 acres for ~100-125k and build a decent house with the rest. I'm a barbarian from Nicholas County, so I'm sure a $300k new construction is anathema to most here, but I could do quite a bit with it.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Guess it depends what you want. Big yard on the cheap, maybe look Winchester. Given your destination , Hamburg makes a lot of sense. $10 Uber and 10 minute ride to downtown Lex. Pretty much any shopping you’d need is very convenient. Interstate access. Pti loves the Steak and Shake. Just sayin.

Last edited:
apparently your housing prices in Fayette Co / Lex-proper are higher than what we have in Tucson ..... mildly surprising

then again - there's a 'breaking bad' meets x-files feel to this place that probably makes a lot of people edgy [laughing]

Where would you live?

Hamburg area, Andover.....prime locations but you will get the traffic.

Boones Trace for a bigger lot, and it's on a golf course, although not all homes are. Away from the hustle and bustle and it's a 15 minute drive to Hamburg/Lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT