ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just said Rodriguez turned 18 last month. He was on the team last year, you mean to tell me he was on the roster at 16?

No way that’s true.

On the road, coming off an injury, in driving rain, in a 0-0 game.

No.

They claimed he's healthy so not sure about that first argument. You're letting your 3rd string WR throw the ball so the rain clearly doesn't matter and it being 0-0 is exactly the reason you get your best playmaker in his primary position. Besides, what hurts us worse right now, Lynn being injured or Sawyer? I still think it's foolish to expect Bowden to essentially run a variation of the wildcat all game and not get injured (the little league game against Arkansas last week aside).

Our defense is lining up to stuff the run because UGA is being so conservative with Jake Fromm, but you all want Sawyer Smith to come in in hopes of getting Bowden the ball in space?

I like a mobile QB in the rain, but Gran needs to realize bubble screens will open up the field sideline to sideline and is a pretty safe pass play.

It's a mistake for UGA to be so conservative with Fromm, that's the point. They should be up 14 already. That's also my point.

We all knew, absolutely knew, this was going to be a beatdown for us. In my opinion, and I still love all of GYERO so no hard feelings here, it's pinning a hand behind our back running Bowden at QB if our actual QB is healthy. What difference does it make when you are 3-3 on the road vs a top 10 team you thought would beat you by 30 if you give it your best shot?

Maybe you are right, but Bowden is the smartest person affiliated with UK Football at the moment.

I don’t think Sawyer is capable of reproducing the UF game, and therefore I don’t think he can get Bowden the ball either.

Not to mention I saw a whole team, offense defense and the coaching staff, quit on Sawyer. It was embarrassing, but they are fighting with Bowden back there because they have some belief in him.

So I hope a few holes open up somewhere, or Gran realizes that getting the ball outside in any easy ways possible may just open up the middle of the field.

I’ll also add that whether it’s Bowden or Sawyer, throwing it deep to Wagner is something that should happen once a quarter no matter what. I do not care if it’s blatantly obvious that’s just some sort of protocol play or not, do it.

Last edited:
I mean what a touching stupid wasted opportunity - at least try and get some yards for field goal range for f sake

Bowden drops back with the intention of not throwing.

I understand, but just saying.

1st down inside the 20 without that questionable penalty, ugh.

Get to OT 0-0 is the goal I guess. I'd take it

Bowden isn't really giving Wagner a chance and now Duffy has a horrible punt. This feels like USC all over. We're going with the wrong option.

Edit: Sawyer would likely come in and throw a pick, I get it. We're also a Logan Dickberg hold from missing a chip shot. I get it. Just feel like this is the type of game where Bowden would feast on quick slants. PS: Where is the RPO to Rigg/Upshaw? We're leaving the TE and RB in against a 4 man rush on 3rd and long. That's Coley (UGA OC) level dumb IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT