ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Anth, don't feel bad. Every single kid has a moment like that. Heck, my kid tried to run off the course in tears during a race three years ago. Now she's compiling a list of D-1 coaches to reach out to next summer.

Don't feel bad at all, he was scared, not being bad. We worked it out and all was well.

Yaynt5H.jpg

IIRC Otis Nixon was 78 years old during his rookie season.
"I came here to steal bases and snort cocaine. And I'm all out of cocaine."

Otis never ran out of cocaine.

One of my HS baseball coaches played with Otis growing up in NC. He mentioned it about twice a week.

Popeyes Regular Chicken Sammie snackdown:

It's a worthy adversary to Chick-Fila. Went with the regular first, will try spicy later on.

Bun - A slight toastiness to it adds a little extra crunch to sandwich.
Chicken - A good size. A little crispier then chick-fila.
Extras - Went with no pickles but kept the mayo.

Felt like there was a little more flavor in chicken where you weren't compelled to add cheese or additional sauce or anything.

I normally get colby on my Chick-Fila but didn't get any cheese on the Popeyes. To be honest, not sure if they even offer cheese.

Why would you not go Spicy? Foh

Pretty incredible advertising/social media campaign they've generated tho. Still dominating Twitter.

-Jack Fry's will always be cool AF, can't imagine it's ever surpassed as the quintessential Louisville restaurant. I enjoy Buck's just as much, though -- and much easier to score a table if you're ever in a last minute situation.

-Jack Fry's will always be cool AF, can't imagine it's ever surpassed as the quintessential Louisville restaurant. I enjoy Buck's just as much, though -- and much easier to score a table if you're ever in a last minute situation.

+1 on Buck’s. Great atmosphere, bar and just damn cool.

I used to live in the Mayflower above Buck’s. I know where the bodies are buried. Food is marginal but chicks dig white flowers I reckon.

Jack Fry’s FTW. Primo martini.

I already hammered UK's line against Toledo. Last year's opening games were extremely vanilla by design, but also because they were Terry's first starts.

Think we might light them TF up tbh.
I hope you are right. They have a solid passing game and we have zero experience in our defensive backfield. I definitely think we win, but worry it might be closer than we want.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Great so now if we drop one to Toledo, you can stick a weejun where the sun don’t shine.

Strokin or anyone seen this JJ Traynor kid from Bardstown play? He's blowing up.

Late, but he’s good. Long and lanky/very thin, but maybe still growing. He just looks like he was born to play b-ball. Falls in love with meandering around the perimeter a little, and will coast at times imo (granted, I’ve only ever seen him in summer settings so maybe not a fair thing to say). He has all the tools. When he walks into a gym or goes through the layup line, you know who you’re there to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT