ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturgill spent a lot of time in the Japan the last few years, and struck up quite a bromance with one of his wife’s besties. He’s a Japanese dude who went to high school with us then moved back there afterwards.

Evidently he’s become a huge fan of Japanimation, and the two of them worked extensively to find the perfect fit for the music video. I think my classmate might have even had a hand in the actual production.

I’m not a fan of the music at all, but the video was dope AF. That’s as much as testament to Sturgills talent as anything, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1
Never heard of a Bass Weejun, but a google shows me that exact shoe design (across multiple brands) is what I wear 90% of the time for work, dinner, & out for the last 15 years - go through a pair a year. Never knew I was such a gentleman, thanks SAE!

-Our secondary scares the shit out of me. Cats are -11 on my book, that's a tough one imo (but I'll still bet it for funsies). I'm thinking the faithful are grumbling quite a bit in this one, before we pull it out ugly at the end by 7-10.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Don’t worry. Last year was a total one off aberration of sorts and a “unicorn” season per Dennis Dodd of CBS appearing on Sweeney’s show on 680 last night.

In fact, Dennis wouldn’t be surprised if we go 5-7, lose to UL (bc it’s a toss up game) and fall completely on our faces. “Wouldn’t shock him at all” were his words.

Hey, Dennis... You lazy, helmet logo licking cocksucker.. EAT SHIT.

Giving up the big plays over the top is going to be what keeps me up at night. That and a QB injury.

The BGE is still the best option and setup for cooking good food. Weber or other smokers are great but seem to have less room for error. I constantly have eyes for new/shiny products- but dont see anything out there thats going to be any better than the egg.

Was hoping Yellowstone would get a little further along last night but time ran out... They have a lot to fit into the finale.

I've come to develop a nice hate for Nebraska bc of some recent recruiting battles, but I think this year they make a big leap back onto the national scene. I think they get to the Big10 Championship game.

Did not see the Chick-fil-a vs Popeyes debate becoming a national race issue but I guess we shouldve seen it coming.

"Cool. Okay. Awesome."- Amy McGrath

-Penny's are classic just make sure you have properly tailored slacks or it will make your foot look tiny.

-it's inherently an arrogant shoe -> [roll]:clap:

-
At some point soon I'm following SAE's lead and eliminating 75% of my wardrobe. Getting rid of anything I haven't worn in the last seasons cycle and gradually updating during the seasonal sales. It's been some what neglected over the last 5 years with most effort going to our kids wardrobe.

-Last wardrobe comment, the rate I ruin clothes is unreal. Stains showing up at an alarming rate and I'm not sure if I've some how become a bigger slob or another behavior is causing it. Theory is related to having a kid but I'm not sure I could honestly blame most of these on him.

-Road to scholarship update, after 37 minutes of crying, refusing to play, bribing, and coaxing we got the little dude out there taking ground balls and finished up like a champ. The first practice will be one we all remember. :joy: Capped off with a visit to Graeter's, the GOAT, and it was a hell of a night.

-Friend had his daughter(mid grade school) block him from walking her to the door on the first day of school and it has me all kinds of emotional. Counting the days to see exactly how much longer I have as him being my best buddy. :cry:

-This ^ is probably why GYERO has changed for you all wanting debauchery stories.

-Last boring summer weekend coming up. Need to make it worth it. Something on the grill. Crispy Banquette Beers on the patio. Lil rides. LFG.

Last edited:
I caught some of Scott Satterfield's interview at ACC Media Days. I don't think he's in over his head by any stretch, but if you saw it, you could sense that he knows his team is going to be terrible this year. Obviously a lot can happen between now and November, but for the time being, if Kentucky loses to Louisville, there has been a disaster.

The one thing about Bobby Petrino is you never just instantly recover from him running your program. Whenever he leaves, it's like a typhoon hit.

KSR needs to drop the “Scott’s tots” moniker for UofL football this year. It’s just really really dumb.

Florida-Miami this weekend and I’m hella excited. Might grill some wings on the Weber kettle. The bass weejuns of grills, I would say. Not like the inherently arrogant BGE.

Starting to get my groove back at work. Look out. Dad might be getting a BGE AND some horse bits soon. My typical work attire is jeans, under armour tee, and ariat crossfires. Mix in a pfg shirt when I have an important meeting.

Hearing rumors that my boys football team is going to be wearing some throwback uni’s this fall. Stay tuned to my various social media accounts for pictures.

7-5

Raises hand. Kid can flat ball. Love his game. But, his daddy is none other than Jason Osborne, yeap the one who was Mr. Basketball and played at UL. Dude is 6-8 with a 7-2 wingspan and can shoot it from the 3 line in. Stansbury was on him early and offered him first, but no chance obviously.

Our boy from Madisonville should garner some looks this year. Kenny White. Think WKU or someone like that will get him. Kid can ball, just not super athletic.

16oz_peach.png

Favorite new nonalcoholic drink in quite some time. Very annoying how hard it is to find the Peach Mango around here.

-Never count out Rick $tansbury.

-Anth, don't feel bad. Every single kid has a moment like that. Heck, my kid tried to run off the course in tears during a race three years ago. Now she's compiling a list of D-1 coaches to reach out to next summer.

-Doesn't seem like there are true "old dudes" playing MLB like they used to. Who's the oldest now....Fernando Rodney? And he doesn't look that old. But back in the day, there were a ton of guys who looked like grandfathers: Charlie Hough, Phil Niekro, Yaz, Rusty Staub, Jim Kaat, etc.

-Good grief, journos. Kids aren't flocking to Eugene because they want to play for Dana Freaking Altman.

-Starting to look for Fort Worth recs. A Tim Love place is high on the list already.

-Yeap.

Reactions: 911guy
-tony's tomorrow for wife's birthday. The vibe is sooo much better than ruby's, imo.

-weejuns are a classic. The construction generally isnt what it once was(most are made in central America iirc)....however bass has some us made options(made by rancourt).

-listening to folks slobber all over *every* mid level sec team (missou, msu et al) not named UK on xm84 this morning was nauseating. I generally keep sport/fandom "in its place"...but the chip on my shoulder is growing. Hope stoops and co's chip is as well.

Last edited:
-listening to folks slobber all over *every* mid level sec team (missou, msu et al) not named UK on xm84 this morning was nauseating. I generally keep sport/fandom "in its place"...but the chip in my shoulder is growing. Hope stoops and co's chip is as well.
Might have been Finebaum, but somebody was really high on South Carolina, and does it mean nothing that they still have Will Muschamp and they have lost 5 in a row to Kentucky? They can't all have been flukes.

Kentucky totally mauled Mississippi State at the line of scrimmage. It was the best line play performance by Kentucky football in my lifetime, save maybe the time they killed Dave Ragone.

-listening to folks slobber all over *every* mid level sec team (missou, msu et al) not named UK on xm84 this morning was nauseating. I generally keep sport/fandom "in its place"...but the chip in my shoulder is growing. Hope stoops and co's chip is as well.

Apparently Stoops is pretty red-assed about the disrespect. Started cussing in front of a room full of boosters when asked about it the other night.

Thats the thing about the winning streak against USC, the first win was because Spurrier cost them by passing almost every down midway 3rd quarter to the end when we had not stopped their running all night but the last 4 wins against them we have bullied them on both sides of the line. There is no sleight of hand in beating them and until USC matches our physicality, they are not going to beat us.

Reactions: 80 Proof
I just saw these Mohammed Ali UofL jerseys and I'm trying to decide which is worse UK being hung up on Secretariat or UofL considering Ali their greatest alumni. Also they are really shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT