ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the Beatles and the Stones had a brief period of psychedelic nonsense and then turned out some of the best music ever. So there is hope.

Thoughts on Pittsburgh? Attending the wedding of one of Bonzo’s old makout buddies there on Saturday. Staying downtown.
If you can go for a beer at night make your way up to Grandview Saloon and the patio for a view of the city. First thing I do when I get into town. Won’t disappoint.

the-patio-deck-of-the.jpg

http://thegrandviewsaloon.com/

Reactions: wcc31
Pittsburgh is constantly under construction and tends to smell odd. They have a cool baseball stadium though, and Primanti Bros is cool to hit up and grab a sandwich.

I kinda like Sturgill’s “It Ain’t All Flowers” song, and it seems very “psychedelic” for an “Americana” artist or whatever. The outro is a little much but I dig the verses and chorus.

Dope ass shirt she is wearing in that pic.

Also the fact LV hasn't been hit by the me too movement yet is probably a gd miracle.

I honestly don’t know if there’s a “Sturgill Simpson” sound. A “Sailor’s Guide to Earth” was totally different than Metamodern and I’m sure this new one will have dynamic differences as well. I mean, in Sailor’s Guide to Earth he had that badass horn section that sounded straight out of The French Quarter. This is what makes him so talented and good, IMO.

-Joshua Tree is a musical masterpiece. I believe it's the greatest album in my lifetime.

-I am excited to see TW's progress and AJ get his time, but our defensive interior is what I'm most excited for. I really think they'll be downright ornery.

-Cleaning up on some end of the summer sales - new khakis, couple golf shirts, new oxford. Will enjoy for a few more weeks but I'll be ready come next May, gang.

-Going to smoke some salmon on my fallen-from-favor BGE this weekend.

-20 year reunion for the 1999 4A State Champs at Bro. Thomas Moore Page Stadium tomorrow night. I miss Manual Stadium for my beloved Tigers, but Friday nights in Germantown are always special.

-A gentleman should always have a pair of classic Bass weejuns on hand. Most versatile and tastefully understated shoe I own. You can't just go around flopping horsebits in people's faces as it's inherently an arrogant shoe. Time and place for everything atkot.

-Tuna on toasted rye with lettuce and tomato FTW.

Last edited:
Our secondary is really suspect until proven otherwise, but I'm not too worried. Stoops' bend-don't-break setup can account for that. Let some limp-dick South Carolina offense get in the red zone all they want and try to get through: McCall, Looney, Hoskins, Paschal, Jerquavion, Carter, Taylor, Bohanna, Daniel, Square, Oats, Davis

I'll take our chances. I think we'll give up a ton of yards, and maybe lose some time of possession battles, but I think our scoring defense will be pretty good.

I honestly don’t know if there’s a “Sturgill Simpson” sound. A “Sailor’s Guide to Earth” was totally different than Metamodern and I’m sure this new one will have dynamic differences as well. I mean, in Sailor’s Guide to Earth he had that badass horn section that sounded straight out of The French Quarter. This is what makes him so talented and good, IMO.
Yeah, like I said 15 hours ago, he's been trending this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT