ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merle’s Whiskey Kitchen is a very good chicken option too.

Right across from Old Fo and just a few blocks from Michter’s as well.

Maybe have more than 1 or 2 kids and then we'll, as a culture, stop treating them like fragile treasures. Would probably cut down on the pet worshiping BS too.

Make babies, folks.

Got into a massive screaming match two nights ago when the wife asked whether she could bring the alley cat she’s been feeding in our backyard - and it’s newborn kitten (yeah- she was pregnant surprise surprise!) - inside until we found a foster home.

She didn’t like the way I spoke to her, but what she was missing was that I’d been simmering for a month as she fed this F’ing cat every day just knowing this exact moment was coming.

So that’s my only parenting contribution.

Got into a massive screaming match two nights ago when the wife asked whether she could bring the alley cat she’s been feeding in our backyard - and it’s newborn kitten (yeah- she was pregnant surprise surprise!) - inside until we found a foster home.

She didn’t like the way I spoke to her, but what she was missing was that I’d been simmering for a month as she fed this F’ing cat every day just knowing this exact moment was coming.

Congrats on the 2 new cats. Catdad.

Also, if anyone is in need of a beautiful calico cat we've been fostering one for a few months (since 2012).

Pretty sure it's the dog parents that could stand to keep some things in perspective a little better tbh.

Dogs are fine. I like them fine. But I've decided that if we're going to elevate them to near human being status in our society then I am free to apply the same amount of scrutiny to these things that I give any asshole I encounter day to day. i.e. behavior, slovenly appearance, oral hygiene...

Don't like it? F you and your dog. Have a great day.

Cats die every day in this world.

- Bo Nix just sounds Auburn football.

- Six weeks until Keeneland Fall opener. Seems like yesterday we were wrapping up the Spring meet. Thursday (10/4) KSR (won a KSR experience) and hopefully Malone's. Friday (10/5) box seats for opener, followed by J. Render's (meeting a group there) and The Hill Saturday with buddy's RV (hopefully set up with football games on the tubes) and will be too much of a mess to even think about dinner details. See how we feel about Sunday ponies. Air BnB over in Hill n Dale.

- Travers Stakes this Saturday. Hoping to get Mucho Gusto at 5/2 for the win or higher to put underneath.

- Found a sheet of 1987 Topps cards. Wally Joyner, Danny Tartabull, Cory Snyder, Pete Incaviglia, BJ Surhoff and Andres Thomas were hot commodities back in 6th grade at Lewis County Middle School.

- Had two choices of a free trip. Chose Treasure Island, Fla and the Gulf over Vegas and that July heat. Was out there last year at this time and it was beyond miserable outside. Still looking at you in November-January, though, Vegas; although I've heard most places have gone to a $45/night bitch resort fee. Whatever, you'll find me in the sports book all/air.

- 11 days until kickoff? Have Toledo 100%, Florida 95% and not sure about the others. Future in-laws with RV passes in orange and can taste that first brew around 9am a week and a half from now with my Wildcat friends. I'll use the game as a sober up point. Cats in an early struggle, 23-10. I have a feeling Cats will be 12 or 13.5 point favorites. Unless the line is already out?

This stuff has been a nice addition to the late summer rotation.

Victoria_Beer_6_pack_bottle_800x.jpg

One of the biggest turnoffs was a female letting me know she had a cat, if she had more than 1 I was cutting the conversation short and walking away.

My wife has some app called time hop she always looks at, this particular one involved us taking our beautiful dog to the park and documenting everything in pictures, including all the selfies of me and my wife embracing the dog and showering him with treats. Fast forward two kids later and we haven’t taken a picture of the dog in well over a year and I got home at 8PM last night and my wife had forgotten to feed him dinner (which isn’t a rarity and I’ve possibly even posted about it before)

The Cajun Alfredo Chicken sandwich at Merle's is tough to beat.

It’s Tuscany who has a solid Cajun Alfredo. Clearly you’ve not been to Merle’s.

This coming from the go to foodie around here?

Embarrassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT