ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Century Cat
-Wife & I have been together 10.5 years, married for 7 -- and last night we went to the movies for the 1st time for her birthday, the big 3-5 for her. Art of Racing in the Rain. I enjoyed, but per usual it wasn't nearly as good as the book. Had a headache from trying not to cry the whole time. Doggies, man.

Movie theaters have come a long ass way since I last visited. Pretty cozy setup in there w/ the recliners & amenities.

-Club Championship was a bunch of meh. 77/74. Did make out w/ about $700 between the Calcutta and Parimutuel wagering, so good weekend overall.

-Speaking of wagering, GAMBOOOLLLLLL season starts back this weekend. :fire::football:

-Snoop Dogg's new album. :cry: I love the guy, but he doesn't get enough shit for becoming awful after his first few albums - probably b/c he's one of the coolest dudes of all time, so i get it. Doggystyle is my all time favorite, but it's been a downward spiral ever since, and his last 10 or so haven't even gotten a 2nd spin from me. Sad

-Devin Booker is so nasty, hope the kid gets to play on a winner at some point. He looks like a video game player in these summer run videos.

-Twitter was an all out Chicken Sandwich brawl yesterday, good stuff. Still haven't tried the Popeye's version that everyone is going nuts about, but it looks to be a contender.

-Hot as touching balls, I'm officially ready for Fall.

-Who's in for Big Blue Vegas? Champions Classic NYC? (Me, Me). Be a great reason for you to get back to the city & see a #1 vs #2 showdown in the Gahden, Chad.

-Turn 40 in a few weeks. Ugh

-Haters will say it's fake:

Alabama_Bingo_Probe_Thir-2-e1521991460319.jpg

Well all of you that hated on Scalzo will be glad to know hes done for the season anyway. Congrats!

Honestly pretty skeptical of his dad. He’s not a regular dad- he’s a cool dad. Seems like a spoiled kid who’s never been told no in his life. Maybe that’s how it is now.

On QB1, they showed a clip his dad took on his cell of a 16-year-old Scalzo wrapping some sports car around a pole at 4:30 am because he fell asleep at the wheel. Almost like he was proud of the kid. My dad would have ripped my head off. He sure as hell wouldn’t be cheerily posting about it on social media.

Reactions: woodfordandwater
Royal’s... False.

I don’t trust a hot chicken joint that doesn’t serve bone in chicken. It’s fine if you want hot chicken fingers in a Brooklyn chic hipster environment.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Joella's 3 piece + side car strip, mac n cheese, parm fries, (2) pimento sauces, Ale 8 is my driving back from Louisville hungover pick up. Delivers the perfect amount of self loathing regret while making sure I'm not getting off the f*cking couch.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Honestly pretty skeptical of his dad. He’s not a regular dad- he’s a cool dad. Seems like a spoiled kid who’s never been told no in his life. Maybe that’s how it is now.

On QB1, they showed a clip his dad took on his cell of a 16-year-old Scalzo wrapping some sports car around a pole at 4:30 am because he fell asleep at the wheel. Almost like he was proud of the kid. My dad would have ripped my head off. He sure as hell wouldn’t be cheerily posting about it on social media.

Probably a lot like the Martel kids cool parents from the older netflix show. I recently listened to a psych professor discuss the "Changes in Parenting" as we try to accommodate parents of students- and generally do a lot more than necessary to appease them.... anyway he was discussing the oversharing that parents do via social media of their children's accomplishments, and it was his belief that they share this stuff not so people can see how well their kid was doing, but they want people to see how well they are doing at being parents. In other words- Becky didnt win the spelling bee because she studied hard and prepared- she won because I am a better parent than you.

It really made me rethink how much of my dogs accomplishments I share on my insta story.

Per Facebook Tommy got tenders despite Joella's having bone-in chicken so I don't think that going to be a deal breaker.

Kind of like disorienting the birds to make it easier for you to shoot thus making it easier for your dog to retrieve?

Who's ready for dove season? First season out for our lab to prove his worth after many months of training. Hoping he can be more than a backyard turd maker. 80, you want to come out when we have our hunt in a couple weeks?

dove-shooting-RS.jpg

Royal’s... False.

I don’t trust a hot chicken joint that doesn’t serve bone in chicken. It’s fine if you want hot chicken fingers in a Brooklyn chic hipster environment.

Sandwich bro - as has been the convo in the poultry world this week.

My thoughts on chicken tenders/strips are pretty well known, and everyone here who worships Joella's gets the kiddie chicken tenders w/ applesauce anyways. :100points:

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Who's ready for dove season? First season out for our lab to prove his worth after many months of training. Hoping he can be more than a backyard turd maker. 80, you want to come out when we have our hunt in a couple weeks?

dove-shooting-RS.jpg
This is why need need...NO DESERVE, AR-15's.

Reactions: HUBER
Sandwich bro - as has been the convo in the poultry world this week.

My thoughts on chicken tenders/strips are pretty well known, and everyone here who worships Joella's gets the kiddie chicken tenders w/ applesauce anyways. :100points:
Not I. I have my 'fire in the hole' card to prove it.

I would say, just from eyeballing the few Popeyes locations I pass- that the last thing they need to be doing is attracting anymore attention to their stores.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Joella's 3 piece + side car strip, mac n cheese, parm fries, (2) pimento sauces, Ale 8 is my driving back from Louisville hungover pick up. Delivers the perfect amount of self loathing regret while making sure I'm not getting off the f*cking couch.
You eat that while driving?

Probably a lot like the Martel kids cool parents from the older netflix show. I recently listened to a psych professor discuss the "Changes in Parenting" as we try to accommodate parents of students- and generally do a lot more than necessary to appease them.... anyway he was discussing the oversharing that parents do via social media of their children's accomplishments, and it was his belief that they share this stuff not so people can see how well their kid was doing, but they want people to see how well they are doing at being parents. In other words- Becky didnt win the spelling bee because she studied hard and prepared- she won because I am a better parent than you.

It really made me rethink how much of my dogs accomplishments I share on my insta story.

The fact that a professor was able to figure out that parenting is the ultimate pissing match, that parents live vicariously through their children, and that a lot of times parents brag about their children to other parents to make the other parents jealous is amazing and definitely a new phenomena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT