ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I've not listened to sports talk radio since we lost to a handicapped Auburn team in the Elite 8 with two lottery picks. Probably time to tune in and see what's being said about the upcoming season by the local haterz.

-Florida/Miami Saturday night. [banana]

-90's R&B Five

"Love Like This" Faith Evans
"Feels Good" Tony! Toni! Tone!
"That's The Way Love Goes" Janet
"Hey Mr. DJ" Zhane
"Weak" SWV

-Been battling a summer cold since Sunday. Awful.

-I loved my time at UK but certainly won't be pushing it on the kids when college decision making time comes. GTFO of Kentucky will be my strong recommendation. You can always come back, but a small liberal arts schools up east or down south would be awesome IMO. I would have done much better in school in a smaller, more controlled environment.

-American landmarks I really want to see: Gettysburg, Congress Hall in Philadelphia, Old State House in Boston

-Little brother engaged recently. Getting married in Brooklyn next summer. Will be dope. Plus I am long overdue a good bachelor party.

-That rain yesterday evening was lovely.

Water Runs Dry - Boyz II Men
Twisted - Keith Sweat
Brian McKnight - Anytime
D'Angelo - Brown Sugar
Next - Too Close
Tony Rich - Nobody Knows
Uncle Sam - Don't Ever Want To See You Again
Silk - Freak Me

Reactions: 80 Proof and wcc31
- St Augustine is over-rated as the oldest city in America, way too touristy, and is basically just Gatlinburg with Spanish architecture, a beach, and no mountains.

False! I’d love a rundown though.

Edit: Congrats!

-I've not listened to sports talk radio since we lost to a handicapped Auburn team in the Elite 8 with two lottery picks. Probably time to tune in and see what's being said about the upcoming season by the local haterz.
Anderson left for St. Louis, Sweeney took over for him, and Lach is on his own now.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-I loved my time at UK but certainly won't be pushing it on the kids when college decision making time comes. GTFO of Kentucky will be my strong recommendation. You can always come back, but a small liberal arts schools up east or down south would be awesome IMO. I would have done much better in school in a smaller, more controlled environment.
I’m pushing any school as long as it’s in the SEC. They should cover all the bases. The smaller schools would be better for the social connections, but I don’t see us affording the ones that could move the needle.

For instance: My cousin’s BIL is a VC guy that is paying for my cousins two kids to go to private elementary school now for 100k+ a year. He claims these schools are so much better than the already excellent schools they went to in Brookline, MA that it’s night and day. Now my cousin tells everyone the deal because he doesn’t want people thinking he’s ripping them off in business. Nice gig if you can get it.

For all you dog dads out there, college savings now is already crazy, TIA-CREF puts it at ~$500/month (starting now) for your infant to attend UK in-state for four years in 18 years.

My wife counters that they may want to attend undergrad in Canada... K.

Reactions: wcc31 and SAECATFAN
St. Augustine is awesome...great places to stay, plenty to do, wonderful eats, and fabulous golf courses in the area.

Too touristy = "No one goes there anymore because it's too crowded" / Yogi

^^^insert X name of 1000 places that are "too touristy"....you don't want that, visit Hazard.

People here who I have met and would thrive in a debate setting...naturally Coolcat, then BBdK, SAE and Anth......none of them would get rattled.

Easy debate opponents....WCC (temper would defeat him in 5 minutes) Pti (clueless about anything that matters) and cawood (no idea about anything but TW)

Wednesday tunes:
Tuscon Train...Boss
Not Meant to Be...TOAD
Burn One Down...Clint Black
Run to the Hills...Iron Maiden
Beaches of Cheyenne...Garth

6-6

I actually agree with the overused "touristy" take. Now, many immediate port areas are indeed pretty awful and cater to the cattle from the cruise ships, but aside from that I've never cared too much about that b/c I AM a tourist.

-Finished Sopranos. Great show, top 5-7. Started Yellowstone, like the vibe so far.

Anyone else really curious to see how Anth throws a baseball? :eyes:
Guarantee it looks better than this.

I mean, I know I didn't play golf everyday or attend Don Lane camp but where did this idea that we didn't play sports come from? I'm lying about attending 3 Rick Pitino camps? Can't throw a baseball? GTFO. We both played something starting at tee ball/coach pitch and ending Senior year without break. Weird.

Reactions: KingLlama
Anyone else really curious to see how Anth throws a baseball? :eyes:
A growing trend of these Canadian trips to see friends and family is the absolute American dominance of backyard catching and throwing by yours truly (and my goofball son and daughter) when a group toss breaks out. Ain’t no slap shots happenin’ on this green grass, fellas. Throw it at their face and they’ll learn to catch, IMO. Marcus Welby Ozzie Smith up here.

I mean, how could there ever be any doubt?

POYNvqB5g5Ur_fLIgWxnnQ1OoRTuOinxEI3r74u-0HZrdXy3coHMhxIxq5NaApO2IzY8MtkjwnFk0LxhkMcMj8D385n2Y8PhxfB17kHP6_kJ5V8v2FXNkqlsTNNr856WS1X4oTyWl02ei3XZZzpk_tTjkH0UYHf-_8P6QhTCiLT7kwGaFHYu9vexIA6QfveKMdv7ufmcepmJz-B3wTs99DOyqULdE6ZwAXJW5NyLE9xH9eC3mRiAOzBmT_c0Mfol5VNLbJHNK8jjYrs3KlvXS5pECqHGS4RMN9aUjGskeNfpNt2nyU5RlYtj1BkEjajC8ZXTN3DsuKh79BkwUowi16cPC7lIVQsWunMQ_QyTGpi0BcD7d9J6u8hUVnrgKUaaQNbPqA3twMcQA-tKvaO0LgGvnGAU4a8cPbd8FCXfgeFItFKj4ocmQ5M2McKF4e3968z9Mw9waGx8EWCucOfNq8sjzrjOtfmU3VtZqpfewJoGec9xdZAzyrLx3vHbgXU4IJy3ppGAgLUY2NJeUJ5tokZmA90OWRSoPTqTG99DYfK99a6j6qYRhpLZf942sqJ8OXGV9FTLPKx6x6_3AZluj25GgcxtFo5Q_aCcQYaa-ACpDAt5pWRJLZD-xIoQL9tqMqVNQ85b_W-Sz7JXnbl9tjmJWH5GELdi=w255-h382-no

Aperol spritz in Venice is a must.

As is a Bellini at Harry's. Can't get much more touristy or cliche, but man if it wasn't as refreshing as any drink I've ever had.

EDIT: Had no idea about the "touristy" conversation further down when posting this. Weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1
We give a lot of shit on here but insinuating a guy throws like a girl is pretty below the belt. Wouldn’t blame Anth if he went Royal Rumble and kicked the shit out of all of you at the next tailgate.

Have some respect.

And yes, that Royal Rumble allusion was for CoolCat, who I’m sure is lurking.

B-Rax getting a bad rap for that picture.

Throwing BP to a 6/7 year old isn't easy. Gotta toss it in there lightly, obviously. Especially in a cage where you are closer than normal.

On a different note - my 12 year old blasted one over a 225 foot fence last time I threw to him. And I was around 90% of all I've got. Was testing one of his old bats for his younger brother to use and I thought it might be dead. He looked at me and said "it's fine". I did not tell him that was about all I had. Shit.

My Bad Doc. Getting a date here soon and will let you know. 15 acres of sunflowers and 20 acres of warm season grasses already starting to be packed with birds. Going to be a fun season.

-cough.

-visiting centre friday.

-my understanding so far is that small private is alot more likely to give scholarship/aid...in short its possible to pay similar $'s for state school.

-there is a trend amongst some of the hoi polloi of going to out of state state schools.
Its literally the worst deal of all.

Last edited:
[laughing] on that pic. What a creeper -- good find, though.

Think it's understood the best metric in determining athleticism/skill/overall talent was to prove yourself in Bonzo Nation Jumpball. Anyone worth a shit has been through the rigors of the hazardous relay line and lived to tell about it.

I mean, we all know who's who, at this point.

B-Rax; probably best to stay home this fall otherwise someone may make you grab a glove and force you into long toss with them on Cooper (the non-SAE blowby side).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT